Diaspora - Updated 12 February 2024 [First Draft Complete!]

as long as you dont reléase the entire game in HTML i dont think anyone in cog staff will have any problem with it, for example if your game is going to have 14 chapters , you can reléase compiled HTML with 6/10 chapters so long as is not the entire game i dont really see the problem i think.
Wayheaven actually reléase the demo in compiled HTML :slight_smile:
its really a shame not many people do this, i hate having to read in pc since i have a very big monitor.

1 Like

"Your form is off. Not terrible, but not great." IS THAT A CHERNOBYL REFERENCE!!! Or just the PC inner Dyatlov shinning through?

@Jaybirdy I don’t know how to describe my experience, but you guys are AMAZING!!! :heart_eyes: I immensely enjoyed the demo and REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO the full game :heart:

4 Likes

Oh I am falling in love with the lore in this game and the characters are all so likable! Keep up the good work!!

8 Likes

Anything can be a Chernobyle reference if we try hard enough bud

1 Like

@Jaybirdy @AugustArria i finally did get through the whole game again, after i did have some time now to play again and it was amazing, though i wonder just one thing, i wanted to not ally with either Eiskendy & Castulian, did keep the leviathan and the eye for the clan (for me) yet somehow with the council i was kind of forced to pick a side…i chose iskendi ofc since i hate Adriana and the empire, so i hope in the next chapter we atleast have the choice to remain neutral or maybe if that is too much to ask, maybe just be allies with iskendi but telling them that we will keep the eye and wont be puppets to Baltasar either… also it will be already high time to send back Sanginarious and Pan back to Castulian if we dont tolerate them, id also like a choice like i said in the past to harden aisling (you guys can use the whole shaman thing to make her more inclined to do anything to protect the clan magnus :smiley: )
it was a long and good read, good work guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi! Happy New Year! I, err, I’ve been following the game for quite a while and may have sent one too many anons thorugh Tumblr (Thanks for answering my questions!) and I really love the game and it’s characters and story. Sangarinus is a great RO and I’ll fight Adriana for his hand (don’t try me). I’ve been wanting to draw something for this wip since always and since I can’t send one anonymously, here’ my MC:

Summary

braid

So yeah, you guys are really cool, I’m your fan, I hope you’re doing well!

17 Likes

Thank you for such a splendid game! The beginning is especially atmospheric, and the Cine character dynamics really got to me!

I’ve ran into a bug, having started at chapter 4. Despite deciding not to do the ritual at the council, my choices were limited to participating in the ritual right after that decision.

Heya,

Thanks for the feedback! (And welcome to the forums!) We’re of course super glad you enjoyed it. That is a heckin’ weird bug, and I’ll do my best to figure out what’s up with it as soon as I can. Is this something that resulted from doing the “warp to somewhere further ahead” thing at the beginning?

3 Likes

I suppose. Other code-paths in that chapter ought to be better tested by now :slight_smile:

How many chapters is completed the game supposed to be, by the way?

We are aiming roughly for thirteen numbered chapters, but also three more sidequests and at least one more interlude than we have currently.

14 Likes

Hey everyone! Hope you’re all doing okay out there. I come bearing gifts that will hopefully serve as a welcome distraction. Cormac’s quest is playable now!

This is a quest with some pretty crazy variety to it, depending on how the player chooses to handle an issue brought to them by Cormac. A few major scenes are only accessed by taking certain paths, so if you’ve got multiple types of MCs on hand, I’d highly recommend giving this one a few tries. With this quest down, we’ve only got two to go. Sang’s is next, and then we’ll be getting back to the main story before Pan comes last. To add some more good news, we can promise you that Sang’s quest will be arriving some time in mid or late April, so you won’t have to wait much longer for that.

Enjoy the update, we’ll be back with more soon!

80 Likes

Thank you so much! This is such good news and I hope you’re doing well in your part of the world. Waiting for Sang’s part patiently now :smiley:

7 Likes

I really enjoyed Daghan’s reaction to the MC going on the raid with Cormac! Does he tell Chief Mom later or does he keep the mischief the youngins were up to that night to himself?

Also, will Pan and Sangrinus eventually have their suspicions?

5 Likes

Daghan’s definitely keeping this little secret to himself. For now, at least. Time and place for everything, and all that.

And I think they will. Might leave how far those suspicions go up to the actions of the player.

4 Likes

Hey all! As promised, we’ve got another update for you, in the form of a personal quest for Sangarinus. This is a pretty big point that we’re both happy to reach, as we’ll now be getting back to the main story for the next update. There’s still Pan’s quest to go, but that’ll happen a little bit later down the road.

That’s it! Short and sweet. I’m gonna be replaying the game, and this new quest, alongside you all, and we’re both looking forward to diving back into the main plot, and moving it towards the inevitable conclusion.

53 Likes

I… absolutely love Sangarinus. The scenes with him are so soft.

6 Likes

Me too! I am so happy with this update. I don’t think I could like him more but that’s what happen.

2 Likes

You updated!

…Twice! :smiley:

Unfortunately due to save file issues I had to redo the characters from chapter 8, so the values are a little off from where they “should” be. Eithne started Sang’s chapter with a 52% friendship with him for example, which is a little higher than I’d like. But good enough for bug testing.

I don’t know if it’s because I did the shortcut but there’s a logic break I only noticed this time in chapter 8. If the PC has Pan pry the Eye out (the PC not touching it at all) and Aisling asks about it in the fifth interlude the option “When I touched it there were… visions.” is on the menu. I don’t think that was true in previous games but it’s been a while since I played that chapter. I didn’t get a screenshot because I was trying to get through it as quickly as possible and had hit next before I really registered it, sorry.

I’m getting what seems to be a similar error message in a couple of different ways, but sometimes when I try to load the same save file that I’m already on so I can go back and try a different choice I get these messages.

Summary

Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 4.14.18 AM Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 5.53.55 AM

Refreshing the page and getting bumped back to the start page allows me to load the file normally.

CORMAC’S QUEST SPOILERS

Summary

If you’ve convinced Cormac to be peaceful and either stop the raid or ignore it it’s a bit of a non-event. I prefer that to going on the raid.

I like the Cine a lot, really fond of a lot of the Cine characters but man. Raiding is really messed up you guys. Just… not good and it made me feel terrible. It did reveal an aspect to the Iskendi that makes me hesitate to ally with them. They kill and raid while doing so. Cine raid and kill while doing so. That… feels like it should make a difference, though I suppose if you’re a dead Castulian it’s academic. Not sure I want these guys to have the Eye even if we do ally with them.

SANG’S QUEST SPOILERS

Summary

If you’ve been working on Sang the whole game (I can never remember if you can try to sway him twice or three times) but don’t accompany him he still comes back wearing her cloak, which has some interesting character implications. It also makes me sad, so moving on.

Aisling gets a nice feather-bone hat! This pleases me very much.

If you went on that riding date with Sang you’ve already been introduced to Aura and Ignis and might have been taught how to saddle them, so the inn scene reads oddly. But not all Sang dating characters went on that date, so I don’t know if there’s a way to differentiate “dating Sang, did go riding” as opposed to “dating Sang, didn’t go riding.”

I tried to keep track carefully and I don’t think the fight scene has any broken logic. If you get the back of your knee cut and/or speared in the side it doesn’t go away and if you aren’t they don’t suddenly appear and once people are down they stay down and don’t appear dead without being killed.

Some plays showed hear, some heart. Not sure why.

I was really happy with the number of ways to deal with Chrysanthe. Some of them were more congruent with established character than others (a 22% aggression character suggesting they kill her for him is odd, but maybe understandable under the circumstances) but it really feels like you put up all the options. I think most of my saved files will end up with Chrysanthe part of the Cine, for totally different reasons. Eithne doesn’t care much about either Chrysanthe or Sang one way or the other but likes the idea of a Lancea training the clan, Riona suggested it more to prevent Sang pain as anything else, and (2 Int) Seighin is basically a violent golden retriever so he thinks Chrysanthe is great fun.

Only one of my files has Sang as a RO and it’s an Empire aligned one that’s been working to get him to be less dutiful, so probably the least dramatic path possible, but I loved the conversation on the boat. That’s an endearing declaration of love second only to Aisling’s. I’ll probably shortcut a few characters to test out Iskendi aligned and unconvinced Sang RO paths when I get the chance.

I do have one comment about the end-end if you have Chrysanthe join the clan.

I don’t think the clan is overly curious but someone’s gonna ask who the cranky lady in a black cloak is eventually. A sentence or two that you introduced her to mom and she’s fitting in fine would be enough, but Chrysanthe is left a little hanging here. She’s last seen hiding in the crew’s quarters and there’s the boat conversation and then the chapter ends without mentioning her again.

It’s interesting to put Chrysanthe’s desertion in a Cine context. I’m not sure what the general clan opinion would be on leaving a battle under those conditions.

6 Likes

Ah, thanks so much for all of this as always. The horse-related continuity issue is because I had to go back and retroactively add a variable to make this distinction, so it’s false on all old files unfortunately.

I think I’ve fixed the one from chapter 8; nice catch there, and much appreciated. Also fixed all those typos and added a variant end for the case where Chrysanthe came back to the clan, because you’re absolutely right about how much sense that makes.

I have been waiting all game to give Aisling that hat. :slight_smile:

6 Likes