Demon Bound (WIP) Updated 05/03

Do you have a development blog of some sort? If you do I’d love to keep up with it!

Added to my original post! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could the hero lose humanity and become a monster or super evil in the end??

1 Like

I will consider this option! As of right now, no, but I’ve been playing around with ideas for your relationship with demons :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Muhahahaaaa😈

1 Like

I vote for having the hero eventually becoming a demon itself
it could be fun

3 Likes

Unfortunately demons in this world can only be born and humans can only be possessed by them, they don’t have free will if possessed (they essentially are just vessels) :wink:

So is Saar in our body? And will we be able to talk to them and see them in our head (kinda like Naruto and the Nine tails funnily enough lol)? Or are they physically there with us?

Saar will have their own body! They will explain that demons are born with certain levels of powers, developing a “class” system in their world. Saar happens to be powerful enough to create their own, human body. Some demons are only powerful enough to create animal bodies (typically restricted to small animals). Demons with the greatest amounts of power can sustain their demon forms in the human world. The weakest demons can only possess humans or animals for a certain amount of time, unable to create their own bodies. :slight_smile:

Sorry for the wordy explanation!

6 Likes

So why is Saar our responsibility then? Wouldn’t it be more for the the other trained witches?

So basically, unbeknownst to you, you are a type of Dreamwalker, a rare breed of witch. Dreamwalker’s happen to be the demon Belyle’s preferred prey. In modern times, Dreamers don’t notice/come into their abilities until a much later age, making them easy targets. Because Belyle is after you, specifically, the ritual was intended to bind a spirit of protection to you. Story goes: the ritual gets muddled due to hastiness of preparation + the fact that the Trio is inexperienced with conjuring magick and voila, demon bound.

8 Likes

Now we have a flirty demon bound to us. Awesome.

4 Likes

Can you become partners or friends with the demon

Think they’re RO too

1 Like

What exactly is a dream walker?

1 Like

A story about being bound to a flirty demon? Yes please! Sign me up. Loved the demo, intriguing and spooky, I was completely absorbed, can’t wait to see what happens next

5 Likes

Wow! That’s great to hear! :star_struck: I now wonder how Saar will look like in their human from :drooling_face:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: I’m looking forward to it as well!

@Minnaloushe and @Mei_Hiroshi Thank you for reading! Sorry for being relatively absent but the new version of chapter 1 is playable, I would appreciate feedback and any errors anyone finds!

@DontJudge - A Dreamwalker can foresee events, visit people, and visit places in their dreams.

@Epic - Yes, Saar is both a romance and a platonic friend option.

8 Likes

I liked the rewritten chapter 1. For me it seems better than the previous version, also I see that you made some changes in it. Is it just me or you completely changed Ansel’s personality 180 degrees? I think he was a friendly and gentle soul, now he reminds me of Ava du Mortain from Wayhaven Chronicles to be honest :sweat_smile: But it’s good to have dynamic characters every now and then, so no complains here. It’s seems rather as a challenge to try and soften his facade. The chapter is extended and there is some time given to grasp the things, so it’s good. No rushing things and less clogging the mind with too much information. I liked your style. Way to go buddy! :grin:

1 Like