Demo for Outbreak Infected

I’m not sure. It may be so but already from the beginning of the story I think it is mentioned from the beginning what seems to be signs that we are already infected even if we have not been bitten, right? (Or we have simply had to work overtime due to infection, i’m not sure) like Raccoon City

3 Likes

Your question is very important! Thank you for asking it. There will be several chances to participate in stopping (or running from) the initial outbreak. Military characters will be sent to evacuate civilians and kill zombies after things have already gotten out of hand, whereas characters who are police officers will be sent out during the initial stages of the outbreak. The police will be deployed faster, but they will be less informed about what’s going on.

3 Likes

thank you so much! ( in case our MC is military, which unit will he be in? to keep it simple, we will be a special operations unit ( Delta Force, Navy Seals) or will we be an elite unit? (Marines, Ranger.) Or a regular unit (82nd Airborne Division, 101st Airborne Division, 1st Infantry Division "Big Red One"Or a dummy division.)

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I was going to ask too: D What kind of body would we be within both institutions? (Police and Army) Will we be “uniformed” type police or special SWAT type? Will we be military of those who are in some reserve corps or any of the corps mentioned by the kind gentleman above me? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

About on the police force I think we will be a patrol officer

3 Likes

Choosing the soldier career will mean you’re part of a regular unit, while choosing the police officer career would mean you’re an ordinary cop. I hope this cleared up the confusion.

4 Likes

Okay so if I dye my hair it’s dyed but somehow I don’t know Wich color so I used colorless color :)… Heh… Never mind

The job it seems that the Criminal /Teacher are the most useful ones the Doc and Construction worker well they are not useless I guess but I don’t want to pick them because I think they don’t come in handy

The soldiers is also stronger than the cop? I mean Yeah none of them know first aid Wich is okay but critical thinking +Good combat abilities are the best thing I have right?

1 Like

I’ll fix the dyed hair problem so that it’s more customizable, thanks for pointing that out.

Each career caters towards a certain playstyle. . Having a high medicine skill would mean you could heal yourself and other survivors, so it’s good for if you prioritize your group’s wellbeing over their defensive/offensive capabilities. You don’t have to know how to fight to survive, but it’ll help if you have a very combative playstyle where you tend to get into fights more often than not. Being a construction worker (or having high handiness from some other means) is useful because it’ll allow you to fortify your home/base, create traps, ect.

If you don’t like the preset careers’ stats or if you feel that their playstyles don’t fit yours, I’ve made a fully customizable freelancer career that will let you adjust your stats individually.

2 Likes

This is an interesting concept. The zombie apocalypse being a zombie ends with a mc losing control and goes feral. But the mc is in control this time so I’m excited to see where this goes cos it’s got lots of potential

5 Likes

It is a good premise to explore the concept of otherness being us who is different in many aspects with zombies and human beings, to what extent are we a zombie or a human? Are we part of humanity or part of the zombie horde?

Paraphrasing William Shakespeare in his play Hamlet:

To be or not to be, that is the question.
What is more worthy action of the spirit,
suffer the piercing shots of unjust fortune,
or oppose the arms to this torrent of calamities,
and end them with daring resistance?

To die is to sleep. No more?
And for a dream, shall we say, the afflictions are over
and pains without number,
heritage of our weak nature?..
This is a term we should eagerly apply for.

To die is to sleep… and perhaps to dream.
Yes, and see here the great obstacle,
because considering what dreams
may occur in the silence of the grave,
when we have abandoned this mortal remains,
It is a very powerful reason to stop.

Hamlet: Act 3, Scene 1

4 Likes

Here I want to open with a question for all of us who follow this thread, have you seen that episode of the last season of Love, Death and Robots? (Night of the minidead) I started off feeling like it was like SimCity but with better graphics. What do you think about it?

4 Likes

honestly yea. it looked cute like that tbh. also reminded me of an old cartoon network show that is kinda similar to adult swim.

4 Likes

An interesting question with the zombie cure would be the following:

If there was a cure then how would it work on the undead? because I know for a fact that the infected would be cured because they are still alive.

On the other hand, the undead, what would it be like? Would it kill them because what causes the virus is resurrection? Or would the cure on the undead act as an inhibitor of most things that make them undead?

1 Like

I’m still working out how I want to Levis Morbus (the virus) to function, so I can’t give a definite answer for this. However with the way things currently are, it wouldn’t affect the undead on a scale that would matter. If you inject the cure into them, it would simply kill off undead cells near wherever you injected it and then do nothing else. Since their heart isn’t pumping blood, the cure wouldn’t be circulated around their body, thus keeping it contained to a small area and being ineffective.

5 Likes

It’s morbin time :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Interesting

2 Likes

U can’t cure a zombie but it’s possible to cure the infection before someone fully turns. Besides if it did work like that the person will die since the body functions stopped.

4 Likes

This is really cool. It’s like the movie warm bodies where the male lead has the consciousness to think, so things, even feel things. And then of course meeting a particular romance, and all that. It’s cool. I recommend you watching it if this masterpiece is going to come out soon, so that you can like get to it step by step or something. Goodluck!

2 Likes

Do you believe that the infected, being intelligent, can influence normal zombies to go in one direction and thus have massive attacks against groups of organized and large survivors?

2 Likes

Regular infected aren’t as intelligent as humans, but they will still form hordes with the undead. It’s not for any reason in particular, but the hordes will still have a chance to attack human settlements or bases. If someone was to be sentient while infected, like the MC, then they would be able to amass a horde to attack groups of survivors.

7 Likes