Defender of Humanity - Assume a legendary position as protector of the world!

Defender of Humanity

When a dark force appears on the edge of the known world, you are appointed as the Defender of Humanity–a legendary position assigned to those tasked with the protection of Enith and all people. Thrust into a vicious and uncharted land of politics and magic, do your best to lead an expedition against the darkness and save the world!

Defender of Humanity is a work-in-progress Interactive Fiction game inspired by Dungeons and Dragons and Game of Thrones. It is scripted in Javascript from scratch, on a customized framework. This means that it runs entirely in browser–no download needed. The Prologue is 5k words and the first chapter 20k. Both can be played for free at the link below.

The Demo: (Runs in Browser, made for PC)
PSA: The game does not adjust to your screen size. Do this manually using CTRL + Mousewheel to zoom.
http://bit.do/DefenderOfHumanity

Development Log:

World Map:

Please tell me what you think! I’ve been working on this game for a few months now and I greatly appreciate any criticism or ideas you may have!

7 Likes

The bottom of the screen is sort of cut out and I can’t see what comes under shadowbending on the stats screen. I’m not sure if this is some sort of problem on my side, but I’ve tried running it with both Chrome and Firefox, as well as moving my taskbar.

It might have something to do with your screen size, because I can see it just fine when I scroll down.

Yeah, I managed to fix it by zooming out to 90%

@Left4Bed Ah, thanks, I had the same issue. Should have figured it out sooner, haha.

I really enjoyed this, choices on every page and the percentages was a nice touch, and the story, so far, was enjoyable.