Declaring a variable after it has been declared

Ah. This should be my 3rd quick question since I joined this forum.

As the title says. What will happen if you declare a variable after it have been declared, especially a *temp one?

I have a sub routine, and for some reason, it contains a single *temp command. That says, re-calling this sub routine will essentially re-declare the temporary variable.
And again for some reason, I found myself quite lazy to test it by myself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (itā€™s 2 A.Mā€¦ what am I doing late here?)

Anyway, is it okay? What will be happened if it isnā€™t?

Test it and see. If youā€™re too lazy to test it, why should you expect others to test it out for you? If itā€™s something you know how to work out the answer, why donā€™t you do that and then share your result with us?

1 Like

If itā€™s that concerning of an issue, why donā€™t you just declare the temp variable earlier in the scene, then just have the subroutine set the variable? I can guarantee thereā€™s no error for setting a variable when the variable has already been set.

This. With this way of coding I never had a single problem with temp variables.

Well, I just re-read my code and I think I found the solution. Since this variable only used in a *label, I think I can declare the variable just below the *label

Wellā€¦
Thank you everyone, for the motivations and suggestion :upside_down:

Just tested this re-declaring issue (If not because of the decree of the pigeon :expressionless:)

The result?

• Yes = *temp a 1
  • No = return to the choice cycle
  • Add 3 = *set a +1 (I know, itā€™s 1 not 3)
  • Done = *ending

I choose the {Add ā€œ3ā€} option multiple times, and the value goes up. When I choose {Yes} afterward, the value of the variable [a] returned to 1

Long story short, redeclaring a *temp variable is basically re- *set - ing the variable to itā€™s original *temp value.

Lol I m not a programmer or code master just a simple game hacker and itā€™s not new to me when u first declare a value to a variable it will be itā€™s base value and any further changes will be made on the base .I hope u know about flow chart right there is a loop where u can possibly re adjust the value to itā€™s original rate .( And I know this because I try to crack your game stats and sometimes it will lead to error .Else it will lead to reset value to itā€™s original ie before my change ) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: