🌈 Dear Diary, We Created a Plot Hole! (A Slice-of-Life Fantasy Adventure) ~ [UPDATED Dec 25 — Chapter 4 & 5 is here! | 509,000 words]

Hello to you and your twinsie! It’s update time! Well, not exactly…

Has anyone even noticed the lampshade countdown? :unamused: No? Anyway, it’s finally here! I’ve been working on a secret project for the past month! I joined the interact-if ranked game jam and wrote a short story:

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2)

In Auctorem Credimus is a sidequel story to MWCaPH! which contains very heavy spoilers for the story, up until the story’s midpoint. It’s about ~52,000 words long (including code).

I wanted to write IAC as an experiment to try out Twine and write an MC from an adult’s perspective, flesh out the worldbuilding, and provide a little sneak peek on what you should expect to see in MWCaPH! in the future.

That said, reading it is not required to understand MWCaPH!, and it’s there for people who don’t mind spoilers (this is why I made the poll).

And in case it wasn’t clear, MWCaPH! will still be updated in Dashingdon, I only tried Twine for the game jam.

Here's the full blurb (SPOILER WARNING):

“And they lived happily ever after” might be the biggest cliffhanger of all.

In Auctorem Credimus is a metafictional sci-fantasy adventure story where you play as the main character’s love interest, who takes over the MC’s role after the story has ended.

Feeling purposeless and unfulfilled after your story has ended, you stumble upon an organization dealing with the same problem as you: the Custodians of Authorial Narrative Foundation (CANon). With nothing else to do but hope for your story’s sequel or (hopefully not horrible) movie adaptation to come, the main character of your story (and canonical love interest) invites you to join the foundation and work as a biblio-anthropologist, traveling through various story worlds without the need to stay in-character.

So when your dream finally came true a few years later and people in your neighborhood start disappearing, you immediately grab your plot armor and prepare to defeat the villains once again. You’ve done it before, and you’ll make sure they’ll never do it again. At least, that’s how sequels are supposed to go, right?

But when the main character and the villains turn out to be missing as well, you decide to take on the mantle of ‘main character’, join the CANon Timeline Anomaly Removal Department Intervention Squad (TARDIS), and write the sequel to your own story yourself.

You can play In Auctorem Credimus here.

@KingKaiser_8000 Welp, here’s a whole load of spoilers for you to enjoy then! :slightly_smiling_face:

19 Likes