🌈 Dear Diary, We Created a Plot Hole! (A Slice-of-Life Fantasy Adventure) ~ [UPDATED Dec 25 — Chapter 4 & 5 is here! | 509,000 words]

I’m mostly looking forward to finding out what juicy secrets our friends have been hiding and reading their story. I assume u will let us visit them.

1 Like

Hi hi hello hiii! Happy holidays to you and to your twinsie! :partying_face: Let’s have a couple more sneak peeks before we end the year, shall we?

I had a bit of trouble writing them, but here are the character introductions for the crush options you’ll meet in Wayne and JM’s story worlds: Cordelia and Chamyrrha!

If you haven’t seen it yet, check out Wayne’s story world preview for more context about Cordelia. There’s no sneak peeks for JM’s story world yet because it’s heavy spoiler territory, but there’ll be quite a few hints below anyway (you already know it’s about mythology, right?).

Cordelia

cordelia_header
CORDELIA JAY MIMIDAE
Level 26 Warden

Story World of Origin: Escheria

MBTI Type: INFJ
Enneagram Type: 1w2
Avian Star Sign: Psittacine

Love Language: Acts of Service
Ideal Friend: Honest, Altruistic

Cordelia is the half-dwarf, half-halfling daughter of Blueberry Mimidae-Goldberg-Corvidae and Huckle Goldberg, two of the founders of D’ Warblings Refugee Camp. While Cordelia has her halfling mother’s warm, understanding, and caring nature, she has also her dwarf father’s fierce protectiveness and unyielding determination. Although she might appear shy compared to her more outgoing parents, she loves getting to know people and learning what brought them to the camp.

Delia works as a cook and tea brewer at her parents’ treehouse, the HuckleBerry Inn and Tavern. While she enjoys the peace and frequent gatherings, she feels uneasy and longs to leave the camp—something her father is adamantly against. She wants to venture out into the world to help other people with her abilities, partly because of the call to adventure, and partly to stop the rising tensions between the dwarves and the halflings that drove her mother to live away from the camp and have another flock.

Delia is an apprentice at nature and healing magic, which she inherited from her mother. She’s not an expert singer like her mother is, so she uses her ocarina instead to harness the healing and protective properties of Avia’s winds. Although she views violence as a last resort, she is still very much capable of defending herself, having learned various fighting techniques from her Papa.

She also has a pet cockatoo griffin named Dorothy, which she unknowingly tamed as a toddler after her father caught one from the wild. Dore grew to be protective of Delia, often taking her and her father together to fly and do tricks around the camp, sometimes recklessly as Dore has come to expect Delia’s healing aid. She also tends to a hanging garden in their treehouse, her favorites being two Ardan flytraps she has named Goneril and Regan.

Cordelia has long, reddish brown hair that she likes to keep in a waterfall braid, and a medium brown complexion. She also has heterochromia, having a brown left eye and a green right eye. She has a fairly broad and stocky build much like her father, and is quite tall for a dwarpling—she is slightly taller than Goldilocks-height MC at 26 cycles old, which is roughly 13 Earth years.

While having crushes isn’t necessarily on her mind right now, Delia would love to have a girl (or someone non-binary) to go along with her on her adventures. That’s how her parents met, after all (or maybe her Papa was exaggerating again)…

Chamyrrha

cham_header

CHAMYRRHA
Level 6000 Angel

Story of Origin: JM’s Story World

MBTI Type: ESFP
Enneagram Type: 7w8

Love Language: Quality Time
Ideal Friend: Warm, Precocious, Silly

The silliest and most talkative angel you’ll ever meet. Chamyrrha may be an angel, but she’s more of a mischievous imp when it comes to her personality. Her powers of divine intervention were taken from her long ago for her tendency to disobey rules, as well as granting wishes only meant as a joke.

Since then, she has been wandering the spiritual realms looking for lost souls to comfort and guide into the afterlife. While mostly a thankless job, she has enjoyed doing so for millennia, and she still gets genuinely excited whenever she meets a new person, even if she never meets them again. That’s better than being a guardian angel and not being able to do anything fun, anyway.

She can no longer perform miracles, but she has kept most of her abilities as an angel, such as selective invisibility, omnilingualism, and being able to know people’s thoughts. In fact, she often forgets that other people can’t do that, so she tends to ramble and get distracted talking to a person’s thoughts before they even have a chance to speak. She’s also of the idea that anything sounds good if you sing it loud enough.

Cham most often presents herself as a young, chubby child wearing a sky blue robe, as she has found out that it’s what most people are comfortable with, but they have no problem switching his appearance from person to person as angels don’t really have gender. Just don’t call her a cherub—cherubim have four faces and multiple wings—and frankly, she gets tired of explaining it all the time. A part of her right wing has been bitten off by a lost Ci Annwn, which has now become her (equally distractable) travel companion.

Although she can be scatterbrained at times, Cham can focus if she really wants to, and she has an impressive memory. Over time, she has grown to be fascinated with magic, weird bugs and critters, and especially machines and clockwork. Through her experiences talking with the lost souls she meets, she has gathered enough knowledge to build gizmos, and maybe even robots or a small airplane, given enough time and materials. Not that she has any need for that… but if Charon has a boat, why can’t she have a biplane?

As a human, Cham appears as a tall and chubby girl with blue eyes, fair skin, and wavy long golden brown hair, although… you might be able to slightly influence her appearance later if you have a crush on her.

Cham has no preference when it comes to crushes, but that’s mostly because she’s totally oblivious to it. She knows what it is, he knows why it is, but they don’t know how it is. What is this “love” everyone keeps talking about, anyway? How is it the best thing in the world if people fight over it?

Anyway, I hope you’re all excited to meet them! I’d like to share some drawings, but unfortunately I only have drawings for Cordelia’s parents, and the old drawing I have for Cham is uncolored and a little outdated. :sweat_smile:

There are more crush options in the other story worlds of course, but Delia and Cham are the only ones I’m ready to share so far. Feel free to ask questions about them! :blush:

@Christopher_Bull I’m not sure when it’ll be done, but you’ll know about their stories (and some of their secrets) in Chapter 3!

And yup, yup! That’s what the story world previews are for! In case you missed it, here are Wayne’s and Roselyna’s story world previews, while Lily’s is just a few posts above.

11 Likes

Thanks for info and enjoy the holidays. Just don’t go and unleash plot holes

3 Likes

(1) New Message

Translation: Mommy misses you very very much :sleepy:

11 Likes

;-;
I kinda very hate that I play the twin who got upset and threw away the picture, but at the same time I couldn’t take the other twin I don’t directly control doing that. It’s very conflicting, which is probably accurate to the situation.

1 Like

Hello!

Sorry, but can you please clarify what you’re talking about? I’m not sure whether this is good or bad, or if you’re talking about why the twins have to fight or not. I really don’t know how to respond. :sweat_smile: Thanks!

3 Likes

The holiday message. It makes me pretty sad, especially since my main twin is the “hate” one (and then I explained why I chose to make the main twin like that even though it makes me sad). Just me being emotional, not good or bad.

4 Likes

Ah yes, that makes more sense! The holiday message is actually kinda sad whatever way you put it, so I don’t blame you. But I guess it’s a good thing I made you feel that way? Hehe. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Which reminds me… I’m actually going to change it so that MC and Twin don’t make up and call the truce until the end of Chapter 3 for pacing and thematic reasons. I also just figured out the missing link between Maggie’s bedtime story and the villains (they didn’t exist before the rewrite), which should hopefully introduce another dilemma and make them feel a little less generic, so I’m also looking forward to that.

But don’t worry, Ma’am Bianes says stories need to have conflict, and I’ll say: a little conflict goes a long way in preventing plot holes. :wink:

7 Likes

So basically the twins are gonna fight til chapter 3. Would that change much in chapter 2 where u meet up with your friends and B? Maybe my twin will be confrontational at meetings when I lie about B. Lilly was about to do that so it would be fun if the twin joined in on this too.

1 Like

Hello! I know my last post was last year (heehee), but I have some good news!

A big update will be coming out relatively soon, but it’s probably not what you would expect… Anyway, I’m creating a new poll here regarding the spoilers. I’d use the poll function in the forum, but I’d like to consolidate the results here and from Tumblr.

(And by the way, I’m hosting a small giveaway over at Tumblr if you’re interested!)

Anyway, here’s a teaser image for the next update!

@Christopher_Bull Oh, sorry if that wasn’t clear! It wouldn’t actually change much–the twins would still stop fighting and (mostly) go back to how they usually interact, it’s just that one of them would decline the truce until the end of Chapter 3.

I hope that makes sense! :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

Too bad there is no option “I didn’t know you write spoilers but now I’m going to read them all in 5 minutes”

3 Likes

Hello to you and your twinsie! It’s update time! Well, not exactly…

Has anyone even noticed the lampshade countdown? :unamused: No? Anyway, it’s finally here! I’ve been working on a secret project for the past month! I joined the interact-if ranked game jam and wrote a short story:

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2)

In Auctorem Credimus is a sidequel story to MWCaPH! which contains very heavy spoilers for the story, up until the story’s midpoint. It’s about ~52,000 words long (including code).

I wanted to write IAC as an experiment to try out Twine and write an MC from an adult’s perspective, flesh out the worldbuilding, and provide a little sneak peek on what you should expect to see in MWCaPH! in the future.

That said, reading it is not required to understand MWCaPH!, and it’s there for people who don’t mind spoilers (this is why I made the poll).

And in case it wasn’t clear, MWCaPH! will still be updated in Dashingdon, I only tried Twine for the game jam.

Here's the full blurb (SPOILER WARNING):

“And they lived happily ever after” might be the biggest cliffhanger of all.

In Auctorem Credimus is a metafictional sci-fantasy adventure story where you play as the main character’s love interest, who takes over the MC’s role after the story has ended.

Feeling purposeless and unfulfilled after your story has ended, you stumble upon an organization dealing with the same problem as you: the Custodians of Authorial Narrative Foundation (CANon). With nothing else to do but hope for your story’s sequel or (hopefully not horrible) movie adaptation to come, the main character of your story (and canonical love interest) invites you to join the foundation and work as a biblio-anthropologist, traveling through various story worlds without the need to stay in-character.

So when your dream finally came true a few years later and people in your neighborhood start disappearing, you immediately grab your plot armor and prepare to defeat the villains once again. You’ve done it before, and you’ll make sure they’ll never do it again. At least, that’s how sequels are supposed to go, right?

But when the main character and the villains turn out to be missing as well, you decide to take on the mantle of ‘main character’, join the CANon Timeline Anomaly Removal Department Intervention Squad (TARDIS), and write the sequel to your own story yourself.

You can play In Auctorem Credimus here.

@KingKaiser_8000 Welp, here’s a whole load of spoilers for you to enjoy then! :slightly_smiling_face:

19 Likes

Oh, I started playing In Auctorem Credimus yesterday and had no idea it was at all related, lol. Didn’t even look at the author’s name to see it was also you.

3 Likes

I think there’s an error: I tried to set the genre to Science Fiction, but in the flashbakc on how the protagonist and MC met, it talks about superheroes and villains

1 Like

Found a weird typo in Auctorem Credimus. “you shouldn’t bring it all in one go, $daddy” and that typo shows up in other places too.

I think this is an error of some kind? “[my room/our room](if married)”

The gender is wrong here because I pick the spouse to be a guy. “he takes a deep breath. “You’re right. I’m probably just tired.” She stops in front of the door.”

2 Likes

@geldar Hehe. :sweat_smile: I hope you enjoyed reading it then!

@TheSleepwalker Oooh! Thank you so much for the bug report! This was pretty tricky to fix, but I think I fixed it now! :kissing:

@Max_Jones Thank you for the typo reports! I really appreciate it! :blush:

If you have any thoughts or comments about IAC, I’d love to hear them!

3 Likes

really enjoyed IAC. its a nice take of the story from a different perspective

IAC

the start isnt capitalized
game treats it as if i choose to be a vampire when i choose the nephilim

2 Likes

IAC wasn’t my cup of tea, but I’m just not a fan of 4th wall breaking. Has nothing to do with you or the story.

1 Like
I keep getting hit by this error.

1 Like

@geldar Ah, that’s fine! Although… I’m not really sure what to say since MWCaPH! also has plenty of metafictional elements.

It won’t have nearly as much fourth wall breaking as IAC, but the MWCaPH! MC leans on the fourth wall a lot (like they do in the prologue right now).

@LiliArch Whoops, sorry about that! I did a stealth update to fix the old locket graphics still showing but I didn’t realize one of the files have a new variable in it. But it should be fixed now! (Plus a couple of other things like the Police Officer bug and hair color flavor text.)

I would really appreciate confirmation if I did fix it! :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: Looks like I did another whoopsie! I had to update the startup file (which contains new variables meant for Chapter 3), so please tell me if there any new errors pop up. I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!

4 Likes