šŸŒˆ Dear Diary, We Created a Plot Hole! (A Slice-of-Life Fantasy Adventure) ~ [UPDATED Dec 25 ā€” Chapter 4 & 5 is here! | 509,000 words]

I didnā€™t even notice this until now thanks to you. The difference is that the station is forced.

Happy Birthday Rosie!

9 Likes

Hello everyone! If you havenā€™t been following the blog or arenā€™t in the Discord server, Iā€™m just dropping by to let you guys know that the next update is coming soon! Itā€™s got a lot of new traits, secrets, trinkets, sidequests, and plot-relevant stuff!

Iā€™ll be trying out a new beta process this time, so stay tuned!

25 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.

138,000 words and several delays later, the Chapter 4 Public Beta is finally ready!

:sparkles: CHAPTER 4 UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS:

~ 369,000 total wordcount (including code)
~ 138,000 additional words (including code)
~ New average playthrough of ~96,000 words!

• 21 New Secrets to discover, 20 New Character Traits, 17 New Passives, 1 New Phobia, 5 New Trinkets to collect, 8 New Achievements, 3 New Main Quests, 3 New Sidequests, 7 New Status Effects, and 1 New Song to sing along to!
  • Tito Nestor, Tita Stephanie, and Lilyā€™s momsā€™ introductions!
  • Get a sneak peek into the story worlds youā€™ll visit in future, in the Story Exchange!
  • You can now choose the name of MCā€™s dad! (+Diary Entry!)
  • You can now choose a second bestfriend if you pick your twin as your bestfriend!
  • New choices and bestfriend scenes for JM and Lily in Chapter 3!
  • Added a new trait option that reduces the frequency of Filipino expressions and gives additional context.
  • A lot of references to In Auctorem Credimus!
  • Roselyna is now approximately 20% more huggable!

The full change log can be found by selecting "Whatā€™s New?ā€ in the start menu. Itā€™s way too long to list here!

How do I join the Public Beta?

You can join the public beta by joining the DDWCaPH! Discord Server. From there, go to the #roles channel and ask Maā€™am Bianes to give you the Open Beta Tester role and get access to the link and the discussion/bug report channels.

Why limit the beta test in the Discord?

Let me begin by saying that I didnā€™t want to do this. But the last time I did a strictly private beta, I got ABSOLUTELY ZERO feedback weeks after release until I explicitly asked for it.

This is the best compromise I can think of for now, that should still be convenient for most people.

Chapter 4 also isnā€™t 100% complete yet. There are still a bunch of choices I havenā€™t written yet, but Iā€™m leaving them for a later update because Iā€™m not in the right headspace to finish them, and after 138k words, I need a break from writing.

When will Chapter 4 be out for everyone?

Iā€™m not really sure. Depending on how well this beta goes, it might be after a couple weeks, or after a month.

I also want to draw some new character art, so I might wait until those are done as well.

Again, depending on how well the public beta goes, I may keep doing this, or go back to doing private beta tests. If I do go back to private beta testing, Chapter 4 will be the LAST PUBLIC UPDATE until Volume 1 is fully complete.

If you want the next chapters to still be in public, be sure to send in your playthrough codes and feedback in the survey! They really mean a lot to me, but Iā€™m not releasing chapters publicly anymore if Iā€™m getting absolutely zero reception.

If youā€™re one of the people who checked out the leaked version of the demo: Sending me feedback is THE LEAST you can do.

26 Likes

Welcome back and I have joined the discord server. I thought the game was gone so Iā€™m relieved itā€™s back

2 Likes

It wasnā€™t gone. Weā€™re just really busy with Chapter 4 beta. Sorry about that.

2 Likes

Nope! Iā€™ve been posting updates on the blog and I didnā€™t want to bump up this thread before the beta was ready.

And if youā€™ve been on the server, an earlier version of the demo was actually available a couple of weeks before the announcement. I made a poll on the blog, and 90% of people wanted me to polish it up first before releasing, so it got delayed while I did that.

6 Likes

Well thanks for telling me. I just joined yesterday after reading your post

2 Likes

I just joined the discord server!

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the server!

1 Like

As soon i read " kuya & ate " Iā€™m hook i didnā€™t know COG have filo writers omg

1 Like

@Christopher_Bull @Hylaire_Dessalines1 Hope you all enjoy the beta! Iā€™ve updated it a few times since the announcements, but thereā€™ll still be a couple of updates coming up, which will have new character art and some of the missing choices.

@Flakka Hello there! Yeah, there arenā€™t very many of us here. Iā€™m not sure if youā€™ve joined the Chapter 4 beta or not, but either way I hope you enjoy reading the story! :blush:

7 Likes

I diddd, thank you for this somehow it made me feel like Iā€™m in middle school again, the nostalgia feels pak ganorn also the music in the background is a nice touch i think itā€™s gonna be one of my comfort book :))

3 Likes

Hello everyone!

Just a quick update: Iā€™ve been having difficulties with Chapter 4 for the past month or so, but Iā€™m trying to get it finished as soon as possible. I have a habit of going silent when Iā€™m struggling to finish something.

Iā€™ve went ahead and disabled the public demo for now, since I no longer feel that itā€™s representative of the story. However, the public beta in the Discord is still available!

To give you an idea why itā€™s taking so long, the change log for the next update is almost 100 lines long! And yes, this is all ON TOP of the public beta. Iā€™m expanding the Chapter 5 preview as well, and Iā€™m updating/adding new choices and variations to the previous chapters.

There are a ton of discoverable secrets in the update, and thatā€™s adding an extra layer of complexity to the whole thing, with me having to update the diary entries and all that stuff.

I promise itā€™ll be worth the wait.

20 Likes

The wait is finally over. Grab your plot armor, Chapter 4 and 5 of Dear Diary, We Created a Plot Hole! is finally here!

To celebrate the release, a +50% :sparkles:EXP Bonus Event will be running for the next couple of weeks! The full change log is over 500 lines long, so hereā€™s an overview of all the new stuff:

:rainbow: UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS

~ 509,000 total wordcount (including code)
~ 278,000 additional words (including code)
~ New average playthrough of 115,000 words!

New Stuff to Discover!

• 52 New Secrets to discover, 8 New Trinkets to collect, 12 New Achievements
  • 30 New Character Traits, 15 New Heritage Passives, 3 New Phobias, 16 New Status Effects
  • 3 New Main Quests, 12 New Sidequests
  • and 1 New Song to sing along to!

New Scenes!

• Introductions to Wayne, Lily, and JMā€™s parents!
  • New exclusive bestfriend scenes!
  • Get a sneak peek into the story worlds youā€™ll visit in future, in the Story Exchange!
  • Revamped crush confession scene with your twin!
  • Steal a kiss on the cheek from your crush!
  • Catch a preview of Chapter 6!

New Choices and Customization!

• Choose the name of MCā€™s dad!
  • Choose a second bestfriend, other than your twin (and give them a custom nickname)!
  • You can now choose to have two different pronoun sets!
  • Choose a mild swear word for your MC
  • Added B as a crush option

Tons of Diary and Stat Improvements!

• New, updated, and expanded character diary entries!
  • New unlockable codex entries!
  • Write custom post-scripts in your diary!
  • Added new toggle settings for simple/detailed view of traits/passives, and background transitions
  • New trait option that reduces the frequency and gives additional context to Filipino expressions
  • Improved diary and stat notification layout

So Much More!

• Added lots of new character art!
  • Added gameplay tips!
  • Lots of references to In Auctorem Credimus!
  • Roselyna is now approximately 20% more huggable!

Iā€™ve also updated the Trinkets & Secrets Guide, as well as the Twin Character Templates!

Please let me know if you have any questions, feedback, or if you encounter any errors. I hope it was worth the wait! :blush:

34 Likes

Iā€™m always impressed by the sheer amount of this game. The custom assets, the huge word count, the depth and breadth of customization, all of the coding to fight ChoiceScript and make it your own thing, itā€™s all so impressive.
Gonna be reading through for the next couple days but I canā€™t wait, as always. Such a comfort story for me and Iā€™m happy the updateā€™s out so I have an excuse to play again :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I love this update and not just the sneak peek of of the new chapter which was evil but the whole rewrite. Itā€™s so much better than before which goes to show how much of a good writer u are. It was definitely worth the wait.

3 Likes

Itā€™s getting impossible to describe how huggable Rosie is at this point lol.

3 Likes