Dead Men's Tales [WIP - Demo] Updated Jul 29

Use fair math instead

You have started getting friendly with Kelly two times ( use a line break and maybe check the if variable - I haven’t seen your code so … solve that problem )

“A” is unnecessary

2 Likes

Thanks for the errors. Still learning how starts and if statements work, I was looking to rework to fairmath but formatted something wrong and undid it, which Is why stats are so wonky.

The relationship stat is bit of a mess.

I already chose my name.
And my superstitious stat was a 100% even though I tried to think rationally when I first encountered with the demon.
I did like the opening scene though the only thing it was missing is a rolling tumbleweed and it would be just like an opening scene of an old western.

1 Like

Okay, should have fixed the major issues, and added fairmath correctly this time. Novice mistake - I put the percent symbol in the wrong place before. (I am just awful with variables, I’m starting to learn. Please be patient with me.)

Next will be making a custom monster for the native path’s backstory, and after that update case one will be up.

Any other problems, let me know. Thanks!

3 Likes

MC name still isn’t working properly.

@Prof_Chaos Reload the game, was just updated. :slight_smile:

Yeah working fine now

1 Like

I really like it so far, i cant wait to see more, keep it up :innocent::innocent::innocent:

1 Like

Finally another interesting supernatural WIP!!! :grinning: I’m curious how the story will proceed.
BTW will there be an opportunity to save your game?

@syd969 I’m not really sure how to do that, but I will look and see. I think there is some sort of plugin right?

Add *sm_init deadmen | 3 at the end of create commands ( in strtup )and check the CWJ 's plugin box ( on dashingdon ) voila you have a save system

1 Like

Ohhh, I see the option. Thanks!

No problem buddy - we are here to help after all

3 Likes

Cool! I’m loving the setting, characters (especially Veronica), and the premise so far.

I definitely want to see more of this game.

2 Likes

@bauldlad God damn, that demo was short, but so well-written. You’ve captured everything, from good backgrounds, to good customization, to a good setting, to likable characters. I will definitely be watching this.

One question, though. Weapons? Please tell me I can wield a sickle made of silver. Please.

Note: In some fiction, silver is said to effect all types of undead that can be physically harmed.

1 Like

Wow, thanks so much for the kind words. Of course, there will be some rad weapons to use.

Silver will be the go to killer for most physical monsters with a few exceptions.

2 Likes

Oh I really like this WIP. It’s well writen, I like the genre and - for me at least - it’s easy to immerse myself into the role of the MC.

But I found some typos:

Spirits

Either You are or You’re

It

1 Like

Thanks for unlocking! I updated the game to fix a few typos and added a few scenes.

3 Likes

There’s an error when you can choose Veronica to join you. When you choose not to bring her along or to bring her along keeps giving the same error.