Days of the Demon Lord

Days of the Demon Lord

-A story set in a high fantasy world where you play as the Demon Lord of a small castle
-This is supposed to be humorous, and not in the least bit gritty, or realistic. It is also a little sarcastic
-So far only one character has been introduced; the Demon Lord, but there will be more to come
-Total word count of the Demo is just over 7000 words

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/219541917/web/mygame/index.html

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

17 Likes

I had a good time playing this and I enjoyed the humor. I also didn’t encounter any bugs, which was welcome.

Sounds awesome! But are you sure there are 5,000,000 words…? xD

2 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young

Sorry! Have corrected the number to 5000 words - a much more realistic number!

1 Like

Holy shaz someone is making my dream game

Hail the great demon Stalker.

1 Like

XD oh my god I love this!
I’m not too worried about my minions. After all people fear the fluffiness

Love it so far! I don’t suppose you took any inspiration from the game Overlord?

10000 years… and I thought I was a heavy sleeper.

This definitely shows promise.
Since you can already choose a white marble castle and fluffy pink servants, how about the perfect prince-charming appearance to go with it for the demon lord himself.
Also do we have a set appearance or are we able to change shape at will, perhaps at the cost of some power, or at certain points in the game, like in the, unfortunately, abandoned genie game on these forums a while back?

I really enjoyed it it was pretty fun especially since I chose the fluffy cute ones as minions I couldn’t resist choosing that option

This looks like its going to be a lot of fun! I saw paper work as a stat and couldn’t stop cackling.

IF YOU WISH TO FIGHT THE DEMON LORD YOU MUST FILL OUT FORMS A, B, D, F, AND H.a and H.b AND RETURN TO THE QUEUE!

IM SORRY HERO, YOU FILLED OUT H.c WHICH WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FILLED OUT BY AN AUTHORIZED MINION, YOU’LL HAVE TO START OVER

7 Likes

The paperwork It’s so evil…

This looks interesting, good luck with it

I have to say, I really do like the story so fair.

Although the demo was short, I really liked it.
I made a castle out of white marble with fluffy bunny minions with my room being in the highest room in the highest tower. The DL’s reactions made me laugh. I was wondering though, will there be romance options in the future? I like the idea of being a badass Demon Lord who gets embaressed when it comes to romance (like a tsundere). Keep up the good work, I’m looking forward to it :smile:

I enjoyed the tongue in cheek tone combined with what reminded me of Despicable Me setup (not a bad thing). This has a ton of potential! I chose the skeleton minions to match the “bones of my enemies” bed for thematic consistency.

Be prepared for the onslaught of requests for more kinds of minions.

This definitely reminds me of Overlord, and I definitely want to see more. I hope we can choose from different ways of dealing with obstacles. I would really like to play a demon lord who uses their dark powers to sway foolish heroes to their side.

Hail our master…
He livesb in a castle…
Darker than black…
With his undead minions roaming the halls, never picking up the slack…
He has rested, biding his time for bigger plans…
And now that he is awake, he is going to feed you your hands…
And now he must whip them back into shape…
He might as well use a rake…
Hail our demon lord…
In the castle darker than black…

So are these stats final or placeholders?