Dawn of Heroes (WIP) (Updated 04/14/24)

The only way to defend from it is to already have defenses ready. Stone body and Auto Forcefield should be the only two options if I remember right.

Sorry I did not get as much done this week. I have not gotten as much writing in as I would have liked, which is a shame given NaNoWriMo. I did make strides on the Chapter 9 update and will hopefully have that completed soon. After that I will probably do some mind reading dialogue. From there I had considered either working on the last Chapter 9 story path, where we meet the fourth hero, or to write a different career story arc. What are your guyā€™s thoughts?

11/12 Weekā€™s end update

• Fixed reported gender swap error.
  • Added text for forcefields blocking wind when flying text in Chapter 5.
  • Added ā€œOnly Works on Metalā€ Flaw to Forcefield

Still working on:

• Chapter 9 third route
  • Custom gadget system
  • Adding more power options/uses to the story
  • Battle text for hidden fight in Chapter 8 CEO route
  • Adding more Mind Read text
6 Likes

Itā€™s fine with not much done, glad that you are at least working on it even if it is a small amount. No rush and take your time.
Now for my thoughts on a new career story arc or 4th heroā€¦ Iā€™d say for me personally I would prefer the 4th hero. Since Iā€™d want to finish one career arc before jumping ship to a new one. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And keep up the good work I really enjoy the story, but do take your time when needed :innocent:

2 Likes

Is the secret fight the thing dealing with Valā€™s ex and realizing he was behind everything dealing with her even the ā€œkidnappingā€

2 Likes

Yes. If you manage to meet all of the requirements for it and get to the fight, there is just text telling if you won a round of combat. I want to put the actual combat data in.

How do you get that scene I want, No need that scene please do foretell. :exploding_head: :scream: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

I just questioned everything about valā€™s ex sorry if Iā€™m not that helpful. Iā€™m about to do another play through.

1 Like

Iā€™d rather not give specifics, but I would recommend to make sure you have Karma to spend and some detective skills. This requires some Adam West Batman level sleuthing.

1 Like

Ok so u need decent deduction and a karma point, also let val help you when your on the outside with your company, and then it should be a scene while your in a car putting 2 and 2 together. That ex is behind it all. Let me know if this helps I might be missing something.

1 Like

Iā€™m personally most excited about the factory worker route. The existing routes are really cool so far as well, though I thought it was strange that we find ourselves with no car or money even though we have established careers

Did I put somewhere that the main character has no car or money? My apologies, I will need to fix that, that is meant to be a choice that comes up later, if needed. Which chapter did I place that in? The plan was to only bring up money when needed, if it didnā€™t have a sway on the events of the story I didnā€™t plan on mentioning it until it did.

Not much to update this week. Been having issues finishing Chapter 9. I have most of the body of the text done, it is just the combat section that is taking time. When I first started this project, I thought that the combat bits would be my favorite parts to write. I have come to find that they are a chore, so far. With so many different power options I have to review different variants of what direction combat will go. Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be worth it in the end, but at the moment it is like trying to run in waist deep water.

11/19 Weekā€™s end update

Fixed Jordanā€™s gender swap typos in Chapter 8

Still working on:

• Chapter 9 third route
  • Custom gadget system
  • Adding more power options/uses to the story
  • Battle text for hidden fight in Chapter 8 CEO route
  • Adding more Mind Read text
4 Likes

Take your time, glad to see you still working and staying motivated. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: So many superhuman games get dropped, because it becomes very tiring for the authors with all the different variables. So stay strong :relaxed: weā€™re rooting for you. :hugs:

1 Like

I was not aware of that. Me posting my game/story here was to keep my motivation going. I figured the feedback would help put a fire under my butt. So far it has worked.

I have considered not writing the combat stuff until a later time and just putting in some generic ā€œYou win/loseā€ thing like in the Chapter 8 fight scene.

When I say fight scene, I mean the dynamic fights. I have two types of fight scenes, Dynamic and Scripted. Scripted are things like the Chapter 9 trap or the CEO kidnapper assault, not a lot of choices but combat does happen. Dynamic are more like the gun deal/mother attacked in alleyway fights, you get to select the action and the outcome is based on your choice and statistics. Dynamic fights have a set amount of rounds it goes and if you win the majority of those rounds, you win the fight. So far Dynamic fights choices have had little impact, but that is set to change as you deal with bigger threats.

3 Likes

Wow thatā€™s a lot of details :heart_eyes: I admire your efforts. Anyway I believe you should do whatever is easiest for you.

Yeah Iā€™m literally waiting on the edge of my seat for this and Wellspring: Origin to finally be released. Because once these two books are out, they will DESTROY the rest of the superhero games on Coice of and Hosted Gamesā€¦seriously if this and Wellspring are never released, Iā€™ll be angry

2 Likes

Iā€™ll try not to disappoint.

While I still have some edits to go through for it, I thought Iā€™d drop the third route of chapter 9. It is done enough I think to show it. If only I had waited on my end of week update by a night. I ended up writing in a different location than normal last night and that got the juices flowing enough to get done what was needed. I find it funny how a change on environment has such an impact on oneā€™s ability to be creative.

5 Likes

I have a question for everyone. Does the Karma system make things too easy?

This question ultimately has several sub questions to it and I would like to know the answers to all of them. Are the choices too easy to choose between? Do you not worry about saving/using Karma? Does attaching them to skill checks make using skills too easy?

While I do not plan on removing Karma, does it take away from anything? If so please explain. I would like to improve it if improvement is needed.

Nopeā€¦ No way, itā€™s a pain tbh.

6 Likes