Dashingdon: Free ChoiceScript Game Hosting

Hello! I want to start off by saying thank you so much for all your efforts that have gone into creating and maintaining this website. :smiley:

I have still been experiencing this ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT issue unfortunately on both my phone and my laptop. I’m not sure whether it has anything to do with my region, as when I switched my VPN location to the US, the website seems to be working normally. Thanks so much for your help with this again!

1 Like

Hello @dashingdon thank you for the update & hard work!! we really appreciate your efforts and as a token of this appreciation, I’ve bought you a cup of coffee on your Ko-fi. :heart:

Anyway, I’ve tried visiting the site but I’m still encountering the same issues. As attached are the screenshots:

^ These are taken from Safari & Chrome on iPhone. Have yet to test it on my Macbook.

Update: I’ve tried visiting via my Macbook but the issue still persists. Also, if anyone’s interested to support him for his work & service, here’s the link to his ko-fi:

3 Likes

Thanks for doing that @Dashingdon,
Unfortunately I still can’t connect to the site via my home internet (phone or computer). It just says the connection has timed out.

Weirdly enough if I switch to mobile data on my phone it works. Could there be some sort of blocking of specific IPs or internet companies in effect? Or is the site only accepting very high internet speed connections now before timing out? (My home internet is only about 12mbps but hasn’t had problems with any other sites. Come live in Australia, home of crappy internet speeds :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Edit: VPN on or off doesn’t seem to change this.

1 Like

Ok I think this is an issue with traffic outside the US unable to connect to the server. I’ve changed the network and IP address to see if that might resolve the issue. If not, I’ll get in touch with the hosting support so that I can get a server in another region.

10 Likes

Thanks for all the troubleshooting :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I can’t access the site via my mobile or home internet any more :frowning: . It now says “dashingdon.com refused to connect” on mobie internet if that’s of any help? (Wifi still says the site can’t be reached.)

Strangely enough I earlier today I could access it via mobile, so still same region. (I did a little experiment where I switched between wifi and mobile internet and consistently it’d load without problems on mobile, but not on wifi.)

2 Likes

Oh I did that too! I toggled between wifi & my mobile data across different browsers and OS but it’s not working for me on both wifi & mobile.

2 Likes

I don’t live in the US. I was able to access the site 2hrs ago but unable to access it currently.

heyo, I was able to connect on my phone until about 40 mins ago. I’m in the US if that’s of any importance

2 Likes

Isitdown says that it’s down, can’t connect from europe.

Apologies for the troubles in connecting. I have contacted hosting support and I’m looking for workarounds or other options.

22 Likes

@dashingdon

Just in case no one has given you this info yet;

The following is what I get when trying to connect:

5 Likes

It’s back up for me here in Brazil!

Dashington appears to be working for me as well (Apple IPad on Safari with iOS 15).

Working here in the Philippines

Ok the site should be fixed now. I see some people reporting that they are able to access it now so hopefully it works for everyone again.

15 Likes

Thank you for the help :slightly_smiling_face: However, do you know if there’s anything i could do on my end if i’m still getting the Connection timed out or just not able to get to the site on mac and iPhone?

Site was working perfectly fine for me all day ( not from US) . Wonder why so many people were having trouble connecting to the server

Unfortunately, I’m still getting ‘took too long to respond’, but can connect with an Indian VPN.

Sorry if this is super simple and I’m just dumb

But is there no way to follow or subscribe to games on dashingdon? I have found a few that were interesting but once the demo ended I couldn’t see a way for me to get updates for it

Am I just missing something?

Most of the games on there have a button on the bottom of the page that can take you to a discussion page on this forum. Otherwise you can search for the game on here where authors like myself give updates no the games they are working on.