Dashingdon: Free ChoiceScript Game Hosting

Yes I have

Dashingdon is not letting me log in. I have submitted my email address to request a new password, and I am receiving nothing in my inbox. I have checked my spam folder. I’m at a loss.

You could contact @dashingdon here on the forums and see if that’ll help. Best of luck!

I’m having the same issue so it seems to be a site issue.

Calling @dashingdon so you know about the issue.

Please private message me here if you have a password issue and I will get it sorted out. Thanks

4 Likes

I can navigate to my game (Not Your Mother’s Shire) via direct link but not through the use of filter from the site directly. Is this normal and/or have I done something horribly wrong? Thanks! @dashingdon

Will the website store achievement progress between sessions?

One way to unlock additional content for future play throughs is to just conditions based on achievements, which won’t work for a WiP if achievement progress is not saved.

Um. I’ve tried to do a password reset and I never got the confirmation email. I’ve tried multiple times

2 Likes

You have to do this.

2 Likes

@dashingdon
I’ve just encountered an interesting bug, DashingDon is not reading the first line of my scene files (I think just where that line is a command, specifically in my case, an *if). So, it’s skipping condition checks and printing text it shouldn’t do. Works fine (and as expected) in CSIDE.

Fixed it by just starting each scene on line 2.

1 Like

Interesting – I almost always start my scenes either with a *comment line or a *label line, so I never experienced this bug.

4 Likes

Same here.

I took a page out of A Study in Steampunk and have gotten into the habit of describing the contents of a scene file in my first few lines via *comment.

4 Likes

I always leave the first and last line empty. :joy: I carried that habit over from Python, which is also indentation sensitive.

1 Like