Dashingdon: Free ChoiceScript Game Hosting

Thank you! I’m not in any rush at all, just found it an odd occurrence. I’ll check back another day. I can’t even express how thankful I am that this community is still so active so many years after I first played Choice of the Dragon and decided to start experimenting with choicescript, and that @dashingdon is still working so hard to keep the site running for all of us. My game is almost ready for beta testing, can’t wait to share it with all of you!

1 Like

It’s not a problem, I just thought it to be some weird bug. Thank you for all your hard work :relaxed:

1 Like

Ok looks like it was a permissions issue. I made some changes and was able to upload new scene files and image files to a test game. Hopefully all good now.

9 Likes

I’m trying to upload my images, but it just keeps saying 0 files uploaded. I am pretty sure the file names and code correlation are correct, it just wont upload for whatever reason.

Is there a search function on the site somewhere, other than sort by tags? I’m getting so lost looking for one of my old WiPs.

2 Likes

Not yet, no. But I do have something in work for this. Hopefully I’ll be able to roll it out soon.

8 Likes

I have a problem I forgot my password and no new password or anything is reaching my mail.

2 Likes

@poison_mara Well, at least it’s not just me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It is solved Dashing is amazing

2 Likes

Quick question if a demo on the website is stuck loading when trying to access a file is that an issue with my file or with the website?

Just looking for some potential causes to look for.

It could be several issues. Please message me with all the info you can and I will look into it to see if I can’t get it sorted

1 Like

This actually might just be me being stupid I had a file named In_My_Head when the actual file that is checked for is in_my_head.

I’ve altered that so hopefully that’ll fix it.

EDIT: The file name was the issue it works now.

1 Like

Hay. Trying to set up my demmo on Dashingdon, but it keeps saying failier to create game. Anyone else haveing this issue? Also has something about:
HTTP ERROR 500
Anyway. Yeah, was sort of looking forward to uploading it today, so I can get feedback. Anyway.

If you could please message me with more details then I’ll see if I can’t get this sorted.

1 Like

The button that says “Tweet ‘Now Updated!’ on dashingdon_com” never seems to work for me. I’m not entirely certain what it is supposed to do, but it always says:

“This page isn’t working
dashingdon.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500”

Hmm I think the tweet thing broke when Twitter updated their API but nobody was really using it so I haven’t put any time into finding a fix. But I will put it on the list to get fixed.

2 Likes

So a couple weeks(?) ago, I made my Dashingdon account. I forgot to type down my password though, so I typed down my email for the password reset. It’s been a few days and I still haven’t gotten an email. I checked my spam and everything, I even cleared out my inbox in case I just missed it, but still nothing. I’m hoping someone can help me with this because I want to upload my demo, but I’m in no rush :blush:

1 Like

What does it mean when the site says “Password invalid”?

Every time I go into the game, it says my password is invalid. I can still play around, but it’s kind of annoying.

Anyone know what I’m talking about?

No, not really, everytime I go into dashingdon, I enter smoothly, maybe let your device save your password or something. Also if you have uploaded a game in the site, and playtested it, how do you do so because everytime I try I get a 404 error, can you help me out?

Have you uploaded all the assets into the game? Including the startup?