Dashingdon: Free ChoiceScript Game Hosting

It looks like MySQL had a fatal error and the database is inaccessible. I’m working on restoring access now.

9 Likes

Up and running again after restoring a very recent backup. Doesn’t look like any data was lost outside of access and error logs. Please let me know if anyone experiences any ongoing issues.

15 Likes

Greatly appreciated!!

Will let you know if I see anything funny happen!

2 Likes

I just tried to ‘create’ my new game and the site said it failed to create folders. What can I do to solve this?

1 Like

Looks like a couple deleted games didn’t clear out the folders properly. Could you try again? If it doesn’t work, please message me the details so I can dig into it more. Thanks

1 Like

Hi, sorry if I missed this somewhere, but I think I need a refresher: can Dashingdon accounts only have one game on them? I’m also having the ‘Failed to create folders’ issue when I tried to use ‘create’ a new game.

I tried making a new account (because I just need to test my code on the site), but that just leads to a white blank page.

Sometimes the folders don’t get properly removed when someone deletes a game. So if you are attempting to make a game with the same name (and therefore the same folder names) it will “fail to create folders” because those directories already exist. So to get around that you can create the game with a slightly different name - space, colon, subtitle, etc. - and it will work. Or send a message to me and I will manually remove the folders so that the new ones can be created.

This issue (and others) are on the short list for me to fix but I just haven’t had extra time to commit outside of normal maintenance to tracking down these issues yet.

3 Likes

I hadn’t deleted a game and the game name I used for the new one was completely different from the other I have. I tried create new game again with a 3rd different title just now but this time got another blank page instead of the ‘Failed to create folders’ message.

And I understand! looking forward to the fix and thanks for your work ^ ^

Yikes. I’m brand-new to Dashingdon, so I don’t have any old games/folders/etc and I’m getting the same errors as the last few posters.

I really appreciate the hard work you’ve put into the site, and I sure do hope you get it working again soon :slight_smile:

I can also verify I’m unable to register; attempt to do so results in blank page

Ok, I should be able to a look into it in about an hour. I’ll post an update as soon as I’m able.

4 Likes

Looking forward to hearing about it! Figure since my new WIP is a comedy, releasing it on April 1st would be pretty good timing.

2 Likes

Did some hacky patching and registration and game creation appear to be working again now. I tested out myself but let me know if there are still issues.

6 Likes

I can no longer open any links to any project. It would just load for a long time then say there was a problem.Has anyone else been dealing with this or is it just me?

edit= ok good news i can get into links again(thank goodness) now the only problem i am dealing with is loading but other than that i am good now :+1:

1 Like

Working great, now. Thank you!!

Yep, working now. Thanks!

I am having trouble while reading on dashingdon. It freezes up when I am reading. Do you know what is happening.

Which game freezes on you?

All of them.

Hi all,

I read some of the WIPs and they are in compiled HTML form uploaded on Dashingdon. However, this does not appear to be an option on Dashingdon when uploading. They seem to only take .txt and images.

Is this an old feature removed? Or am I missing something?

Thanks.

1 Like