Daria: A Kingdom Simulator (Releasing TODAY!)

@Lucid Ah, my absolute favorite author has returned. And with a giant installment in my favorite series of his, it seems. This more than certainly helps my post-HoD-cancellation-depression. I love all of your games, especially your fantasy ones (if you couldn’t tell). I would be honored to help beta test, if space still exists.

A few questions, though.

1. Will we have complete control over how diverse our army is? I can see myself wanting to unite most/all races in some playthroughs but going straight Elf or Orc in others, if its possible.

2. So marriage is not possible, is regular romance? Boranthia the Elven huntress sounds like she’ll be my favorite “hero” besides Celeste and Trupoc.

3. Is our character locked to human again?

Cheers, Lord Lucid. We all await to be blessed once again by your work.

No rush though, yeah? :wink:

2 Likes

I hope you’re doing well. Just saw this thread and I love the idea. A text based resource management game sounds so exciting.

How’s the game coming along? You mentioned you’re in the final chapter in your last update.

Anyway, good luck with game and I’ll also check out the other games you have published. I’m personally not a fan of fantasy. I mean high fantasy, if that makes sense. Though I love medieval (ish?) settings so your games sound interesting and I’ll definitely check some out.

Thank you for all your hard work!

2 Likes

@Lucid - Please let us know when you are ready to reopen the thread

Thanks for the lock and unlock @Eiwynn That’s a three-year bookend, wow.

Looks like it was February, 2019 when I dropped off the face of the earth. So, almost exactly three years.

First off, I don’t know for sure if this is my next project. I actually wrote a good chunk of game mechanics on yet another WIP. My unfinished folder is enormous. :slight_smile:

But, I came back to this one because I knew I had completed a lot of it. And, it’s fun. I’ve been playing and editing/debugging and I’m far from the end.

I don’t know exactly what state I left it in, but the bones look pretty good. I’m going to keep going for now.

Me too. It’s mostly complete, but it has no upper limits. I’m not sure yet if there will be max numbers or not, but I suppose it will need something so it doesn’t crash. :slight_smile: This game will need a lot of playing to find those balances.

Me too! I’ve been reading up on old notes to get all the details in my mind again.

It’s more like having units of various types. So yes, you’ll have composition, but no, your units aren’t very unique. Although you can get wizards. :slight_smile: Check the First Post for details.

I don’t think there’s going to be romance. It’s really more of a resource management game. It has a cool story, and you get some character customization, but I’m not sure if romances fit. Although, as the last details go in place and it starts to take on more of an RPG feel, it might. :slight_smile:

Yes. You play as the very first ruler, although we know that the bloodline becomes very diverse in Daria’s future. :slight_smile: Even more so after Life of a Star Force Captain releases. From working on the end to working on the beginning.

Check out the First Page for more details. This one is getting a little time on the front burner for now. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

This seems way more in-depth than many other management/simulator games, especially considering it’s using Choicescript. Looks like lots of moving parts.

3 Likes

Very very much. :slight_smile:

I got another huge day in. My head feels hot from overuse. :slight_smile: The code is old and I’m still kind of dreading wading into some of the murkier parts, but so far so good.

I’ve updated the First Post with the Stages again. It shows about where I am with my editing/debugging/playing. I’m super curious about how far I got in the story. I’m trying not to peek ahead. I knew I was on the last chapter but hadn’t finished the final scene. Yikes.

I’m rethinking the idea of origins. The beginning player has enough to figure out without making a big decision like that, although it might make a great mid-game perk. Hmmm…

8 Likes

I reached Stage 6, and changed the stages slightly to get there. :slight_smile:

Ya, this is my project now. I’m hooked. :slight_smile:

Gameplay works well. I’m still streamlining and making the menu systems look better as I go. It’s looking good.

I knew that the game was fully working but didn’t have an ending (and needs a lot of debugging). So, although I thought that I wouldn’t be adding any new features, now that I’m editing/debugging the endgame, I see that it needs one more thing.

Introducing, the final stage:

Stage 8: Nobility. Elevate six nobles.

Nobles: Need: Small Castle, Gold Crown,
College, Religious Icon, and Gold.

Note: Creating a new Noble takes 3 days.

Once ready, the ruler conveys a hereditary fief of land and office upon the new noble in exchange for their service.

• Office of War
  • Office of Housing
  • Office of Agriculture
  • Office of Resources
  • Office of Manufacturing
  • Office of Commerce
10 Likes

We need a Purge! feature, it should take: one scary night.

Am I right? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Absolutely stunning. Keep up the awesome my friend. I don’t play strategy games that often, but I’ll definitely try this expansion.

6 Likes

Is it possible to implement artifacts there? I haven’t seen what is the True First Artifact. I know the notable ones like Archery Gloves, Nature Necklace, both Spider and Shadow Cloaks, Mischief Feather, Seeing Gem, Speed Belt, Magic Shield, Magic Staff (Archmagi Staff), Necromancy Book. Life Pendant, Knowledge Tome, Attraction Vest, Magic Weapons (Sword and Bow), Discord Apple, Storm Staff, Flying Cloak, Invisibility Ring, Two divine swords (Souldrinker and Holy Avenger), and the plot point to ending the demon war, the Demonblade. Let me know if you know any other artifacts I missed.

1 Like

I love the list! There are quite a few connections to various times in Daria. Artifacts show up in the story, but not in the gameplay. That may change as I put in the final touches.

6 Likes

I reached the end of the plot and gameplay I had already written!

It was even further than I thought, I really did leave it hanging on pretty much the last scene. The gameplay was already working, but it was nice to see it all fit together from the ground up.

I edited the first page of this post again, but I’ll rewrite/elaborate on my next, immediate steps:

• Finish the plot. (It’s almost done! I just need to write the finale.)
  • Finish coding the last 3 nobles. (The rest of the gameplay is complete! Nobles were a good idea. It gives you a nice conclusion to the gameplay portion.)

And finally, I’d like to introduce something new to the game. I intend to create an Endless Mode for when the story is over:

• Endless battle. Allows you to bring your army against an ever-growing foe.
  • Endless adventure. Tournament style, allowing you to bring your heroes against other small groups which grow in power.
  • Finish conquering any remaining rival nations. (Or stay allies with them. Your choice.)

I hope to reach Beta Testing by summer, submit in September, and have a second release this year. Fingers crossed!

14 Likes

There is something I have to mention. Two things, Demon Stones, the summoning stones that allow the user to summon a demon, the demon’s strength and power varies on the description and the user must muster the willpower to control the demon or it will control the user. And the lost civilization of Som‐Reth? Everyone knows that there are ruins all over the Trilogy. But we never really knew what happened to them. Since your new game takes place before all this, The LH Trilogy, Life of a Wizard <Legend of the Elmvale Wizard, you should rename your LoaW game that>, and Last WIzard, as well as the stories in Modern Day and Futuristic Age Daria, Maybe we can get a very clear insight of the Som‐Reth Civilization and their Demonstone History, what they do, and what really happened to them. There was an achievement in LH3 called "Unlikely Allies " that gave us some insight into the Som‐Reth history but we don’t know what really happened to them. Please, If you want, try to add that to your upcoming game

7 Likes

I think you’ll really like the story through the new game. :slight_smile: I love your summary, and yes, you’ll see a LOT of this in Kingdom Simulator. It’s a real love-letter to the Lucidverse, but isn’t necessary to enjoy the game itself.

3 Likes

I love simulation/management games, mostly because I spend most my time trying to find bugs or break the game just for the hell of it

1 Like

Excellent! I’ll need you for beta testing, please. :slight_smile:

This thing has so many moving parts. I keep trying to break it, and unfortunately, I keep succeeding. :slight_smile: It’s coming along though.

1 Like

My usual approach to this type of game is “How long can my character be completely neutral and isolationist before suddenly getting attacked or assassinated?”

1 Like

I wanted to see the game, the code of it, and the plotline. If I see the potential of several plots or crossovers , the bugs and glitches in your game, and the quality of it. I might give you suggestions, fixes, and or feedback.

1 Like

So true! Right now I have a set percentage per day. It’s lower in the easy mode and higher on hard. Also, you can be peaceful with neighbours, so they will pretty much let you do your own thing. The plot, on the other hand, changes things up a bit.

Sound great. I’ll need players a lot of eyes.

3 Likes