Daria: A Kingdom Simulator (Released Apr 4, 2024)

3 Likes

I think “difficult” isn’t the right word, when I get 100 free stone, a free horse(free food and a carcass), boranthia joined me on day 7 and I still can’t survive more than 2 weeks because of people leaving, it makes me think “in need of tweaking” is a more apt description lol

2 Likes

There’s always a point in the game where, once you have basic stability, you’re not going to lose unless you get extremely unlucky and make dumb moves; that point, with hard, is very much difficult to get to, but it’s possible. Once you have a farm, a house, enough Shamans to cover your guys, and a consistent income of wood and stone, you can usually start to breathe again, but those first 10 days or so are brutal

2 Likes

Maybe it’s just Canada. Still not coming up in the search.

1 Like

It didn’t come up when I searched on Google Play either. It came up when I searched for “Daria A Kingdom Simulator Google Play” on Google. It often takes a while for the Google Play search function to catch up to new uploads.

1 Like

I am currently loving the game, I’ve spent a couple hours just building the kingdom.

One big thing though, I’m assuming there’s no actual chapters set in the game because the app told me the game updated and it restarted the chapter, and it brought me right back to the very start (as in back to 11 homeless people with no buildings). This is kinda disappointing because I was actually about to fight the final boss :frowning: so now I’d have to build it all back up.

Is there any way to fix this bug, or would it be a complete overhaul of the app? I thought there were actual set chapters because the story showed chapter headings when I progressed the story, but I’m guessing not if restarting the chapter meant losing all progress

2 Likes

That’s terrible.

I don’t know the current state of CoG app updating. I had hoped that it wouldn’t restart any progress, but I have no control over that. Ideally, I’d want it to resume without anyone noticing.

I try to limit the updates as much as possible. I have 3 known errors, so I’d like to get one out, but it makes me hesitant if it’ll restart everyone’s games. Ouch.

There are chapters! It has a full six-chapter story with an endless mode.

2 Likes

Whenever there’s a new update, the game usually resets to the beginning of the current file the player is on, and since authors put one chapter in each file, it isn’t that much of a big deal, I’d have to look at the code here to see what regular updates would do to progress

1 Like

The game has only two scene files, the vast majority of the game being confined to the second one. That it’s divided into chapters within the text is irrelevant - the reset returns to the beginning of the scene file.

4 Likes

Yes this is what I meant by chapters @Lucid I forgot that the correct terminology is scenes.

I think this is the biggest part as to why updating/restarting the chapter causes all progress to disappear, it’s also why I asked if it would cause a big overhaul of the app if you did fix it.

It might be hard to fix, but unfortunately any update you make may cause the app to lose progress the same way I did :frowning:

1 Like

Yes, it all runs in one file. Ouch, so everyone loses everything on an update.

Sure wish we had saves.

1 Like

COG did create a workable checkpoint system recently, but I don’t think it’ll work

1 Like

Does anyone know how to get wooden goods? I need it for a castle but can’t find how to get/make it

1 Like

You need to appoint carpenters, And you need to build workshops for those carpenters

2 Likes

Thank you. I don’t know how I missed that

2 Likes

Is in replaying it after it got reset I beat the monk whitch speaking of that i get not adding a special class to something that is entirely luck based but it would be nice to get a monk class being you learn the technique of a monk

But what ever on to the main point is the combat system entirely luck based because I had 34 power against a 14 maybe 16 power level of single person and lost

Note I did not cheat to get those stats nor did I avoid it until the Iron Age I got a knight as one of my first events I made a bow I got the 10 combat power from the monk I became the warrior I took the knights tools equaling 34 power

1 Like

It can happen, but that’s rare.

A luck-based monk is a great idea. I’m not sure if I’ll add it at this time though. I don’t plan to add new things, just fix existing, but we’ll see. :slight_smile:

I agree. I’m going to be very wary of updating. I’m collecting errors, and only one has broken the game and it seems rare.

Brutally difficult? :slight_smile:

I got a game going well on Hard after 4 tries. Up to around chapter 5 and all of the building made (and remade).

Exactly. And I did run into some bad luck. Senator Lucy declared war on me and repeatedly leveled my city. I eventually gave up on war and got a ceasefire.

My method for hard: Day 1: 2 wood and 2 stone gatherers, Day 2: 4 spear makers, Day 3: 4 hunters, Day 4: Shaman, 3 wood gatherers, Day 5: huts and off to a good start.

An even more experienced player could use diplomacy, arena, and plot events to get nation started too.

I see on Steam that a few have beaten it on difficult, so that’s reassuring too.

I’m really glad I went with the difficulty system. :slight_smile: Hard is really difficult, but that’s good. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was literally using the same strat but faster(hut on day 3) and I never managed to make it past day 8 after that one time getting to day 12, even after trying for over 3 hours yesterday. If the game is that luck based then I guess it’s just not meant for me to play it

1 Like

Normal mode is much better, you have enough gear to build up housing and appoint a shaman right at the start, so you can work on things more methodically without panicking about losing guys. With hard, you come up with a plan and try repeatedly until it works, there’s not much else you can do with it

2 Likes

Hey I hit a real bad bug in my playthrough. It keeps telling me that my Bronze Smelters don’t have enough supplies to function but I have more than enough tin and copper ingots and wood, same with the ore for both in case I misread.