Includes: Interrogations after the operation. (21,000 code and all, 12,000 in-game text)
(didn’t want to finish it last night since I was too tired, decided to do it in the morning instead, sorry about the unusual posting time )
Well now, that certainly took far longer than it should’ve. Partially due to my late/post-October lack of willpower due to competing worldly interests, partially due to me being too obsessive about pointless details.
I should always remember that “perfect is the enemy of good”. Not that what I just made is anywhere close to perfection, but anyway, better to spend time wisely by making lots of good stuff, than to waste effort on polishing pointless minutiae.
Anyway, as for the contents, in the end I didn’t include the two bonus scenes I kept yammering about. The first because it didn’t really feel right to put it here as it would’ve been sort of a pointless “tease” to end the linear stuff on, and the latter because it would’ve been seen by only a few people, been really out of place timeline wise, and it would’ve spoiled some things outrageously much, so I figured it’d be better to remove it for now.
So, unfortunately you only have the interrogation stuff. The final form it took is less than optimal, I have to admit. It’s not terribly immersive, and can be really janky since it shows you lots of information in a somewhat poorly organized manner(and occasionally repeats almost the same information, if you’ve uncovered “rumors” and “facts” of the same thing. Didn’t really know what to do about it, so I did nothing. Hope it isn’t too terrible).
Anyway, on the positive side at least the numbers look good now, based on the playtests I did of a few routes!
Of course, it’s only a few tests, and I have in-depth knowledge of what stuff matters in relation to each other, so it may be very biased on my part.
That’s why I’m very interested on how people feel about it, especially if they have more than one playthrough, since the idea is that you’d get rather different results depending on all the stuff you’ve done in the game. (which slum route you took, how did the route end(interrogation, hospital, cooperation), various other random things here and there in the game, as well as the recent big operation and what outcome you got on it on which route).
Anyway, the polls about the many concerns I have over this:
Your opinion on the interrogation segment
- Good enough
- Needs more work
Is it better to show the options you can’t choose?
- It’d be better to show them greyed out so I can make choices with less frustration.
- It’s fine if they’re hidden.
Did you get enough information during the interrogations?
- It felt like I got too little information or it was too hard to get anything new.
- The amount of information was fine for me.
- I got way too much new information way too easily.
If you have MULTIPLE playthroughs, did they feel different enough during the interrogations?
- They felt really different and I got very different information and choices.
- They felt different enough that it was fine, good spread of stuff between playthroughs.
- They felt almost identical and the information and choices I got were more or less the same.
Were the interrogations too confusing?
- No, I knew what I was supposed to do and how to do it.
- Kinda confusing but not too much.
- Way too confusing. No idea what I was supposed to do, or I couldn’t do what I wanted to.
Did the writing assume you knew things you didn’t?
- No, I was on the same ‘page’ as the writing, information wise.
- Hard to say. Some things sounded strange to me based on what I knew.
- Yes, I didn’t know half the things the game expected me to know.
Specifically for the final interrogation, did you understand how the emotional manipulation worked?
- Yes, it was easy enough to understand.
- Some difficulty at first, but overall I understood how to do it.
- No, it was confusing and frustrating, or didn’t add anything to the scene.
Next: One night stands.
Deadline: 28th of October
That’s right, less than a week to do them. Should be fine since they’re much easier to write than all of this pre-polished bullshiiiit I’ve been making for the last 6 months, and I’ve already written large parts of them during this update.
Reason for the deadline is that I’m once again going on a trip for December, and I’m leaving on the 29th, so I have to get them done before that. Trip length will be from 2 to 5 weeks, not entirely sure yet. Worst case scenario I’ll be back early January of next year.
I probably can’t post while I’m gone, or work, but I might be able to(absolute minimum I’ll finish the one night stands if I can’t do them before I leave). In the event that I can’t write too much, what I can do is to really organize the Major Update stuff so it’ll be easier to work on it. I’ll probably outline the different scenes and routes I need to do and make an easily understandable list of all the information I need to remember, and all that.
Thus, once I get back, I’ll have a strong idea on what to do so that I don’t need to redo stuff over and over again, due to constantly changing information, etc.
No “official” post later on today, since I’m considering this to be it.