Cyberpolice (Minor Update: 21st of January 2024) (WIP)

No update today.

Fine progress today. No promises as such, but shouldn’t be all that hard to get it ready before I leave again. :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

No update today.

Not much to add.

12 Likes

No update today.

Didn’t have any time to do anything today. Still hoping to get it done before I leave, but I guess my track record ain’t the best on that regard these days. :frowning:

12 Likes

No update today.

Sigh. Yeah, not gonna happen. And I have a feeling I won’t be getting it done too soon after I get back either, so we’re once again back to the schedule of “this month”.

I’ll probably have a nervous breakdown before I get the update finished at this rate. :crazy_face:

13 Likes

Try to relax!

1 Like

No update today.

Alright, I’m off. See you on Sunday.

I get the idea, but it’s hard to relax when it’s been 5 months since the last update, you know? :slight_smile:

I’m sure relaxing would make it easier to work better, but I can’t relax because I haven’t been working as much as I’ve wanted. It’s a cursed loop.

I’m sure it’ll be a lot better once I do post the update, though. For a while at least. :smiley:

Anyway, thanks for the concern. Means a lot to me.

14 Likes

I believe

2 Likes

No update today.

Got home a bit late on Sunday so no post, sorry about that. :smiley:

Anyway, back to work today. Tolerable continuation. Still, we’ll be pessimistic/realistic and say the ETA is “this month” as usual these days. :stuck_out_tongue:

? :smile:

11 Likes

Shouted from the hills, the cliffs over the sea, ‘I believe’ in that context is usually meant to be encouragement. I could be mistaken, though. :grin:

4 Likes

Positive

1 Like

Bruh.

6 Likes

No update today.

Relatively minor progress, had a bunch of stuff left to do from last week.

12 Likes

No update today.

Good enough progress for now. ETA still this month.

12 Likes

No update today.

Got a bit done today. Probably won’t be able to work on the weekend but that should be fine. We’ll see, as always.

14 Likes

The mostly total lack of reactions to your daily posts makes me think that frankly, no one cares. Sure, we’ll be happy when there is an update, but until then? You don’t owe us a daily report. We’re not breathing down your neck waiting for you to be done writing, and those who are and tell you so, are just entitled. You’re allowed to have a life, to relax, to not write, or not write as much as you said you would, if you can’t or don’t want or have other stuff to do. It’s fine.

The update will come when it’s ready, and I’m sure everyone here understands. And if they don’t, well. They should. You’re doing great. You’re doing enough. Keep going!

7 Likes

I care.

9 Likes

6 Likes

Okay, fair. If Tiavals himself isn’t bothered by the comment, then neither am I. I interpreted perhaps a bit more aggression that was actually intended. My bad!

4 Likes

Oh man, I’m hella sorry too! I was just making a joke. Ya all good, mate!

7 Likes

I guess I best take some time to reply to this right now before any misunderstandings arise. :slight_smile:

I definitely don’t mind any of the posts here. Frankly, I don’t think I’ve seen a post in the entire two years of the thread that I’ve been annoyed by. Sure, some comments might sting if they’re critical, but ultimately I try to learn from them if I can, and if I can’t I’ll ignore them. I’d much prefer to see more posts that might include some that I’ll take offense at, than fewer posts that’re overly censured before being sent, but that’s just my personal preference. (I’m the type that gets very skeptical if they see only positive stuff, since it makes me feel like people are hiding their real thoughts).

Thus, no harm done. If anything, I interpreted that as concern for my potentially unhealthy lifestyle, which I appreciate. Different things work for different people, for some it’ll cause a lot of anxiety, for others it might not. I’m in the middle, in a sense. It does on occasion cause some anxiety to post, especially if I haven’t gotten all that much done in a while, but if I didn’t it’d be much worse(as outlined below).

To be fair, I mostly post the daily updates for myself. I’m the type of person that needs a routine to do things, especially writing. I love creating stories, worlds, characters, etc, but I hate writing them up on paper. :smiley:

The pressure of the daily update is a positive one, like the pressure a water pipe needs to supply water to a room that’s higher than ground level.

That’s exactly why I need the daily update, especially on weekends and the like when I can’t write, since it’s like a road for me to follow, one step after the other. If I skip a step, it’s so much harder to take the next. This has always been the case for me. When I have a long break, it’s hard to start again, etc.

When I first posted stuff on this thread, you can see that I wasn’t doing daily updates. Truth is, I didn’t really work on most days back then since I couldn’t bother with it. On the days I could be bothered to work, I did as much as I could etc, but it was at a relatively slow pace. At present I don’t have as much time as I did before, which is partially the reason for the slow updates this year, but if I didn’t post daily updates, I wouldn’t work on a nearly-daily basis since there’d be no routine, and I’d get nothing done, which would mean there’d be a months long gap when I didn’t work, which in turn would probably lead me to giving up as the distance between work and no work would be too great(I tend to be the type to give up easily). As many writers say, better to write 500 words a day for a hundred days, than 10,000 words in one day. One might feel a lot bigger a deal, but overall you get more done with the other method.

In a sense it’s far more relaxing to me to see the story be slowly built up one word at a time, than to not think about it for, say, a month, since if I do that I’ll agonize over it not going anywhere. Unhealthy? Perhaps, but that’s how my personality is. :slight_smile:

Thus, while I do certainly appreciate the comments and likes I get from my daily posts, and admittedly they definitely encourage me to keep going, ultimately I post for my own sake, not for my readers.

On the other hand, if people were actively annoyed by my posts, then I might reconsider posting here and instead post on some semi-private blog for people I personally know in real life. Since I certainly need that.

As for the lack of “big” reactions to my posts, to me every single like(heart) is a big deal and makes me feel like people care. I personally don’t like(heart) posts that I don’t care about, much less in threads I don’t read, so I naturally expect people to act more or less the same, liking posts they care about. Sure, there might not be much talk of the story, characters, choices, etc here, but that’s fine by me for now. Would I be happier to see a lot of talk? Sure, but given the nature of the story as a detective mystery with lots of questions and few answers, lots of choices but so far few consequences, it’s understandable that there isn’t all that much talk yet. I’d hope that once I post the major update and things get wrapped up with answers and consequences, it’s at that point that people talk more about stuff.

In short: Thanks for the concern but I think I’ll keep posting to keep myself on the road to victory. :wink:

38 Likes