Cyberpolice (Minor Update: 19th of March 2024) (WIP)

Wow, Chief Chaska is the runner up in this poll. Clearly I am not alone in this after all. There is still hope.

5 Likes

Add because is very hard to get to know her “real personality” or at least a genuine personality where she’s not trying to manipulate the protagonist?

My vote will go to Chief Chaska for sure, and the Sheriff looks intriguing too. Now that I think, is there any male character for the minor romance, cuz no one comes to my mind…

2 Likes

No update today.

Deadline for current update: Complete Stillwater one night stand: Thursday(explicit stuff included)
Deadline for the rest in this segment: Mouse and Carrington late July.

Alright progress today. Maybe half a day’s worth as far as the deadline goes, so I’m putting it forward a bit. Hopefully this means I can get a routine going again.

If I do end up making the minor romances, she certainly has a good chance I’d imagine.

I also remember someone saying that it’s because she’s a celebrity, which is a draw of sorts apparently.

The male candidates aren’t strong currently, which is a shame. It’s a result of me not distributing the male characters in a specific manner when I planned all the characters. Essentially most characters tied to plots come in pairs of male and female, but I didn’t consider it at all from a romance perspective or even a “screen time” perspective, just from the generic importance of their role.

That has meant many of the male characters are tied to specific roles that aren’t really viable from a romantic point of view(“Father” Ambrose, CEO Rittenkroft, Gargoyle, Cybernetic-Richard, Miss Brand’s secretary, Chief Prosecutor Harmsworth, Chief of Security Gilles, etc).

Many of them have(or will have) more screen time in certain specific paths, but because they’re not in the “main default path”, that makes it tough to consider them as proper romance-options, since some players may never even see them all that much.

There is one character that has yet to appear that I would consider a prime RO candidate, but I’m not totally sure I’ll even be putting him in the game at this rate, since overall progress has been so slow, and I might to prune off the entire story path he’s most involved with. (it used to be one of the most important parts in my original vision, but that’s changed considerably since then. Currently it’s more of a bonus thing than integral to the story, since other story parts have inherited most of the contents in that one due to the revisions I’ve done through the years)

But we’ll see how things pan out. Right now the most important thing is to get as much stuff done as possible before the summer is over.

12 Likes

Honestly, the only only ROs i see lasting with the MC are Sheriff Williams, Mouse and Carrington. Mari, Chaska and Stillwater are all corporate property, and at the end of the corporate tools and only care about the corporation. Sheriff Williams can be won over and could have a serious relationship with the MC, because she is bound by no one. Chaska and Stillwater can’t have relationships because at the end of the day they have no agency over themselves.

3 Likes

Technically Chaska and Stillwater are government property, but it’s a bit more complicated. They aren’t corporate tools though. Mari Badr, of course, is.

Once I get the blasted update out it’ll make the situation much more clear for Stillwater. :stuck_out_tongue:

(of course legally speaking it’s more muddled due to the “technically not human beings even if evidently they are” stuff, but that’s more of an “after game sequence”)

In any case, any relationships with any characters are highly dependent on the nature of the mystery being solved, as some may be related to it in all kinds of ways, right? :smiley:

12 Likes

No update today.

Deadline for current update: Complete Stillwater one night stand: Friday(explicit stuff included)

Forward it goes again.

13 Likes

I can’t wait for Carrington’s update. She is like if Judy, from Cyberpunk 2077 fused with Vi, from Arcane.

4 Likes

No update today.

Deadline for current update: Complete Stillwater one night stand: Saturday(explicit stuff included)

I continue the struggle. Mental wise it’s getting better again, even if my work rate is abysmal. So, progress in a sense and the routine has kind of kept, which means the direction is good. Almost at “one day of work” left(an absurdity in practice, but not impossible since there have been days where I’ve done that amount without any problem. Optimistic, I suppose, even if not realistic. The moment I get back to the “groove” it’ll be done in an instant. Although I suspect that won’t happen until I start working on the Mouse-Carr stuff. :stuck_out_tongue: ).

I hope it won’t disappoint. And I definitely hope that update won’t take anywhere near as long as this has. :smiley:

One day I’ll play Cyberpunk 2077 and watch Arcane. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

No update today.

Deadline for current update: Complete Stillwater one night stand: Monday(explicit stuff included)

Conversion done. Only the rewrite of one part left and update is done. Won’t be able to work tomorrow, though. Realistically won’t be done with it in one day either, so Monday is the new goal. Not long now. :slight_smile: (for real this time, no more adding stuff or having second thoughts on stuff or anything :smiley: )

13 Likes

No update today.

Deadline for current update: Complete Stillwater one night stand: Monday(explicit stuff included)

Work continues tomorrow.

11 Likes