Cyberpolice (Minor Update: 19th of March 2024) (WIP)

That’s one of my favorite scenes. My MC has the observation skills too and Stillwater’s reaction is too funny.

Also his first thought was pranking the newbie, what a mischievous brat he actually is🤣

6 Likes

No update today.

Not as much progress as I would’ve liked today, but it’ll have to do.

I doubt I’ll get it ready by tomorrow, since there’s still a bunch of stuff I’ll have to do. As I’ve already said multiple times “won’t be long now”. :stuck_out_tongue:

:grin:

Well, it was a fun scene to write too! Fortunately for me the things I find fun to write are usually the things you folks tend to find fun to read too. (I think? :smiley: )

8 Likes

No update today.

Yeah, didn’t get it done yet.

Unsure how soon I’ll get it out, since next week is kinda busy(but only kinda). I really can’t imagine it taking all that much longer now, but I thought the same a week ago and here we are, so…

Anyway, I better get it done soon or I’ll really go crazy. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

No update today.

Wasn’t as busy as I expected, so I got a decent amount of work done, thankfully. Presumably the same will be true the rest of the week too, so it should be fine.

At the very least I put the finishing touches to one of the four “sections” of the upcoming update, and given the way I work, I expect it to mean the others are soon to follow. (I tend to write/edit in layers, so to speak. Typically once I finish a certain ‘stage’ of writing on one “section”, the rest of the “sections” are done in short succession as well. A bit hard to explain, so I’m sure it’s confusing :smiley: ).

If all goes well, it’ll mean one section per day, maybe(arbitrary estimate, really, but probably something like that).

Anyway, soon.

11 Likes

I was watching a clip from from the show Smiling with Friends called Desmond’s Bliblie control and it reminded me of Jenny Chainsawhands.

1 Like

No update today.

Didn’t get the next section finalized, had less time than yesterday. Not much more to say I guess. No need to get disheartened yet, though. :smiley:

Heh. I guess I can sort of see why. If only I had Mike Stoklasa reading out my stuff too. :sob:

3 Likes

From RedLetterMedia?

:thinking:

No update today.

Alright, second section finalized. Two more to go.

The one and only. The context is that he’s voice acting Desmond in Smiling Friends, a fact I wasn’t aware of until I watched the clip mentioned above.

2 Likes

No update today.

Didn’t get too much done today, so no third section either.

6 Likes

No update today.

Decent amount done today, but third section not ready yet. Unfortunately weekend is busy too, so unlikely to be ready this week either. :woozy_face:

6 Likes

No update today. (or yesterday as you may have noticed, busy, busy, busy)

Yet again I’ll just have to say “next week” for what, a third week in a row? Perhaps this time it’s for real. :angry:

It really is mind-boggling that I thought I could get this done in December. I have no sense of project completion awareness. The things that feel like they’ll take forever are sometimes done in a second, while stuff that looks like it’ll take an hour or two takes weeks. Crazy.

Anyway, next week is fortunately one where I should get a decent amount work done, thankfully.

11 Likes

No update today.

Third section almost ready. (or so I think)

6 Likes

I don’t comment very often at all but I just wanted to step in to say; this is an amazing piece, I replay it all the time and it’s really just a massive thing that is so freaking good and it’s so impressive how consistent you are with updating everyone on your work. I love Stillwater and Mouse and Carrington so much, they are all such good and fun character, thank you for sharing this amazing IF with us! :heavy_heart_exclamation: Your writing style is amazing!

4 Likes

Wow, that’s a whole lot of praise! It means a lot to me! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks for making an exception for me on your habit of not commenting to tell me that. It really is the best for my motivation when I hear stuff like that. The second best is to see all the likes on my often pointless daily updates, since it lets me know that people honestly care about Cyberpolice, even when I have almost nothing to say. One of the hardest things to deal with when you’re doing something creative is silence and people ignoring you, since it’s much easier to give up when no one expects anything of you, so thanks everyone for sparing me from that awful fate.

Makes me want to work that much harder when I see all the ‘smiling faces’ so to speak. :sob:

10 Likes

No update today.

Third section finished. A few more days, it seems, for the fourth and final section.

8 Likes

No update today.

Didn’t have as much time today as I hoped, so a slow start on the fourth section, I fear.

7 Likes

You are going to make me cry :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face: This is one of my top wips and ifs that exist. I’ve read many Dashington and twine ifs and this WIP is in another level. I’m amazed about the quality of the content, how are written the characters and their personalities, the many paths you can choose…

When the updates it’s done, i definitely replay everything and try some paths that I missed in my last replay.

Sending you :heart::heart::heart::heart:~

11 Likes

No update today.

Got a bit work done on the fourth section, but less than would’ve been optimal. Hopefully I’ll get it ready on Saturday.

Heh, thanks! :slight_smile:

I’ll try to live up to the standard you’ve set for me. :smiley:

The positive attitude on this forum sure is a lot different from your average writing-forum, I gotta say!

Posting stuff here is always nice since it gets noticed pretty easily rather than just slowly drifting to web-oblivion, as might happen in other places(at least if you post updates every now and then).

16 Likes

Every day Tiavals shows us the meaning of perseverance.

:clap:

5 Likes

We got your back. I like this WIP because I’m a fan of the cyberpunk genre, and it is unique compared to the other WIPs here. We need a Hosted Game in a different genre outside of fantasy or romance.

That said, I refrain from sharing my feedback because I’m afraid that my feedback is wrong and would add more workload to the author.

6 Likes