Cyberpolice (Major Update: Not Yet - Minor Update: 9th of November) (WIP)

Here’s the thing you requested!

I’m gonna go back to playing catch-up with the updates now.

Edit: Ah, yes. Here’s the second half. Something tells me I failed pretty hard with this one.

1 Like

Happy New YEEEEE!!

4 Likes

Alright, I’m back again!

Work will hopefully continue tomorrow, but knowing my difficulties with returning to work after a break I guess we’ll have to wait and see how it goes. Not sure if I’ll just finish the smaller version or go for the bigger update again. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yay, great to hear that!

As for the names, I actually already have a list like that, but it seems it isn’t all-encompassing yet. Only 14 names in it so far. I’ll definitely update it along the way. Thanks for pointing it out, though.

Great, thanks! Always nice to look at the statistics and the spread of different scenes.

As for how it went, well, it could’ve gone worse. Besides, who says failure isn’t interesting or rewarding in unexpected ways? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Failure is its own reward? Is that what happens when copium is laced with optimism? :upside_down_face: Looking forward to the updates.

1 Like

No update today.

Very slow start so far, unfortunately. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I guess that’s one way to put it. :smiley:

6 Likes

No update today.

A bit better, but not by much. It really feels dumb that I face this problem every time after a break. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

No update today.

A bit better once more. If this keeps up I should be up to regular speed by the end of the week. Still not sure whether to aim for the smaller update or the larger one. Given the long wait since the last update, I’d prefer if it was the larger one, but that’ll mean more delays and that isn’t good. Hmmh.

5 Likes

A new update, even if “small”, just might be enough for a new player to say “today is the day I’ll try Cyberpolice”. Also, a smaller update means a goal/deadline that was reached/met. Maybe it’s easier to keep up momentum when you’re riding a wave of (constant and/or recent) success?

But if you feel a larger update would be best we’ll be here looking forward to it.

:+1:

5 Likes

As long as i get to continue on-- i love this story!!

6 Likes

No update today.

I think you’re absolutely right.

In fact, that’s the reason why I started doing the “daily” updates almost a year ago; to keep up the momentum.

With that in mind it’s probably better to post the smaller update. I’ll see if I can get it ready this week, even if my weekend is busy. There really isn’t all that much left to do since I almost got it done before my break anyway, but I still haven’t gotten to full speed yet, so… :stuck_out_tongue:

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

No update today.

Didn’t get too much done today I’m afraid. Not sure if I can work tomorrow and Sunday or not either, but we can hope.

3 Likes

This was great cant wait for when it’s done✌️

3 Likes

No update today.

Couldn’t get anything done. Tomorrow should be different though, schedule wise.

Thanks! :grin:

4 Likes

No update today.

Didn’t get it ready yet(always more work than I think, no matter how close it is :stuck_out_tongue: ), however, good news is that not only did I work today, but it was a decent amount too. If I get as much done tomorrow, that’ll mean I’m back to a proper routine, which is excellent.

No idea when it’ll be ready since it’s so hard to estimate, but very, very soon in any case.

5 Likes

No update today.

Pretty good progress, so I think I can officially say I’m back to a routine now. In retrospect I was pretty optimistic(or insane) to think that I could’ve gotten it ready by the 23rd of December, before I left. What seemed like ‘just a few words’ became ‘sentences’ then ‘paragraphs’, etc. :stuck_out_tongue:

Bunch of work left, but nothing major, so my “very, very soon” from my previous post shall be changed to “very soon”. This week, I’d imagine. Depends heavily on whether I’ll put some things aside for now, or implement them to the degree I’d like to. (probably the latter option) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

In any case, as long as I make daily progress it’s fine.

8 Likes

No update today.

Tolerable progress, but most importantly third day in a row.

5 Likes

No update today.

Again, tolerable progress, especially given that I didn’t have all that much free time today. Definitely back on a routine.

Really, it feels so nice to be able to start writing stuff effortlessly without anxiety pressing me down like a giant’s foot. The wonders of a proper work routine. I suggest everyone try one, even if it’s just for a hobby or physical exercise. Makes it way easier if you manage to force yourself to do it a few days in a row compared to struggling to start every other day.

Shouldn’t be any troublesome breaks until maybe March either, so I should be on a decent roll for a while again.

Current estimate for update: Sunday.

12 Likes

Gasp, did i hear the word update-
am i hallucinating

2 Likes

No update today.

A bit less progress than before. Also, not sure how much I can work tomorrow, but Saturday and Sunday should be productive.

It’s just an estimate, and they’re always wrong when I say them. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

No update today.

Yup, pretty much got nothing done today. It’s fine though.

3 Likes