Cyberpolice (Major Update: Not Yet - Minor Update: 9th of November) (WIP)

No update today.

Got less done than expected. Maybe tomorrow?

6 Likes

No update today.

Mostly ready, but I’ll have to finalize it tomorrow, plus check a few things since there’s a bunch of the sub-plot characters present(some of which you may have met a long time ago already depending on your choices). It’s looking pretty good and should be fun and interesting.

A small chance of it not being ready tomorrow, since I have less time than usual in the evening and unless I get started early I might not have the time to finish it.

6 Likes

No update today.

Yeah, didn’t start early enough so no update. I’m always way too optimistic with time. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Just gotta say that I love how you keep people updated on your progress everyday, it keeps me visiting

8 Likes

No update today.

Good news and bad news. Bad news is that no update today, obviously, and might not be one until Sunday. Good news is that the scene will be much better when it’s ready, I think(and it was already pretty great, so I hope the end result is amazing).

The reason for that is that I decided to expand/bloat it a fair deal. The final word amount of the update will be pretty substantial, I believe. Today I alone I wrote something like 5,000 words to it.

Usually I don’t appreciate bloat, but since it’s a non-plot scene I figured it’d be fine, especially since it’s been a while since we had a more character centric scene. Too much plot stuff can lead to exhaustion for the reader, I hear.

Essentially you’ll have four “activities” to choose from, of which you’ll get to experience two. Most of them have some weird “mechanics” to them, which should be fun. If not, it’s a whole lot of wasted effort. :smiley:

Anyway, it’ll probably take two more days to make, but fortunately I can work this weekend so it’s not a problem. A bummer that this’ll take the whole week, but it’s sure to add a lot of value to the thing as a whole.

Once it’s done, opinions are welcome. (Worst case scenario: I’m blind to the faults and too focused on the stuff I find cool, which in the end makes it lame for everyone else :stuck_out_tongue: (plus part of its coolness might not be visible for you readers yet, since the sub-plots characters may weird you out given that you’re not entirely familiar with them(or at all, depending on who it is). We’ll see how it goes.))

Thanks. Wish I had better news more often. Most of the time it’s just “delays delays delays”, and my estimates are usually, well, off. :smiley:

10 Likes

No update today.

Did a decent amount of work. Not entirely sure it’ll be ready tomorrow, since I focused a bit too much on one section, which leaves the others a bit lacking in comparison and I’d like them to be at the same standard as this one.

4 Likes

No update today.

Yeah, it ain’t ready by a long shot. :stuck_out_tongue:

The bloat, once again, is real. At least this time it’s a “nexus” node where everyone will end up in, no matter what, so it feels much better than in a “one in two, or one in four players end up here only” kind of situation. Hopefully it’ll be to people’s liking, would hate it if it was a lot of work for nothing.

I doubt it’ll be ready before Wednesday in all honesty. Will probably end up being over 30,000 words, I’m guessing. Sorry for the delay, but I think it’ll end up being better this way. In retrospect I shouldn’t have gone quite this bloaty with one of the sections, but too late about that.

(Once it’s done, I’ll post up a few “challenges” for people to do, sort of like achievements. Like “Can you get this end result” type of deal. The point is to illustrate the variations in it, of course. :wink: It’ll make more sense once you see what the scene is like.)

4 Likes

No update today.

Work progresses. Be patient.

4 Likes

No update today.

Already over 30,000 words. Unfortunately there’s no way it’ll be ready tomorrow. Realistically I’m guessing Saturday? Maybe Friday.

Sorry it’s taking so long, but can’t really rush it at this point. :stuck_out_tongue:

At least I’ve managed to avoid bloat in the other sections aside from the first I’ve done. I was really way, way too ambitious with that one(or perhaps I had no idea how much work certain ‘trivial’ things would actually take).

5 Likes

No update today.

Unfortunately had sudden business today so didn’t really get anything done. Also, my Saturday will be somewhat busy, so it remains to be seen whether it’ll be ready by then or not.

4 Likes

Just saw this today, seems like an interesting concept. There aren’t many works set in a cyber future so I think this is a rare treat.
Also, delayed work may be bad, but hurried work is never good.

2 Likes

No update today.

Work progressed okay today. Depending on how much I can get done tomorrow, might be able to finish it on Saturday whether I have a lot time then or not.

Thanks. I hope the fact that I have few competitors will be good for the eventual release(rather than it being a sign of there being little interest in the genre). :slight_smile:

You’re quite true with your statement. Brings a particular quote from Shigeru Miyamoto to my mind: “A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.”

5 Likes

No update today.

Didn’t get enough done today, so I doubt it’ll be ready tomorrow. Probably can’t work on Sunday, so it’ll likely be Monday or Tuesday when I’ll be posting it. Soon the wait will be over and we’ll move on to other stuff. This certainly has taken a lot longer than I planned, but perhaps the end result is worth it.

6 Likes

No update today.

Yeah, not ready yet. Won’t be long now, though.

5 Likes

Well i’m back, and I can’t say how much I enjoyed the update from the last time I played. It’s inspirational seeing how you keep us informed every day on the progression. I can’t wait to see the finished product.

PS: I saw that you ask if we want an option for relationship when you talk with your partners on lunch break. Well you get a +1 from me for that option. I mean from my old and previous post, I do enjoy me some romance. Oh and Life aspiration too.

3 Likes

No update today.

Almost ready, but I don’t think it’ll be done tomorrow. The final steps are always the worst and the toughest to predict, since it’s always so much more work than I think.

Yay, good to hear you enjoyed it, and welcome back!

It’s inspirational to see me just post “no update” every day? Weird. :smiley:
(the fact is, if I didn’t post, I wouldn’t feel the pressure to update and I’d get way, way less done. I do it for selfish reasons since the quicker I finish this the better!)

I’m ALWAYS open for any kind of feedback, whether I ask for it or not, but especially if I ask for it, so thanks. I’ll probably add that stuff during the “major update” since people seem to want it. Then again, people always want more of everything. :laughing:

5 Likes

We are creatures of wants and sins.

And we love Mouse.

2 Likes

No update today.

Finished one of the four scenes entirely. That leaves the other three to be finalized. Possibly tomorrow, possibly not. Given that it took me what time I had today to polish/finalize that one scene, I’m guessing not tomorrow. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hehe. In retrospect I should’ve put up some polls in the first post about which characters people like the most etc, since that sort of stuff interests me a lot.

On the other hand, it’s kinda good that I didn’t, since not knowing the numbers kinda lets me write what I feel is needed rather than thinking “Gee, no one likes this character, better not write them in any scenes anymore”, which would distort the story a lot.

It’s good to know what people like broadly speaking, but the exact details might be best left in the shadows since otherwise it’ll turn into “design by fans” which is rarely a good thing for a story in the end(as proven by countless series where they shifted the focus entirely based on polls and character popularity and ended up being way worse as a result).

The fact remains: All of my characters are dear to me in different ways, otherwise I wouldn’t have included them. :grin:

5 Likes

Whether my MC would romance them, or not, I like all the characters too. Popularity driven screen time isn’t an attractive concept, even though I’m also curious about the numbers. :thinking:

Future poll once the story is close to complete? :grin:

4 Likes

Well I prefer Mouse, but i like every character.

2 Likes