Cyberpolice (Major Update: Not Yet - Minor Update: 25th of May) (WIP)

No update today.

Pretty much the same as yesterday.

7 Likes

No update today.

Got a bit more done today than the last two days. After tomorrow I should have more time again. Hard to say how long it’ll take to do the finishing touches though, as always it’s impossible for me to make a realistic estimate. Probably more than a week, less than a month. :grin:

9 Likes

No update today.

No work done today. Next week things should proceed decently again.

5 Likes

No update today.

Slow start as usual, but a start nonetheless.

7 Likes

No update today.

Most of the complicated stuff’s done now. All that’s rest is the simpler stuff and some polish. No guesses as to how long it’ll take. :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

No update today.

Made decent progress.

6 Likes

No update today.

Had less time than usual today, but that’s fine at this phase since there’s no need to really think about stuff, only do.

7 Likes

No update today.

Got an okay amount of work done. Not sure if I can work during the weekend though.

8 Likes

No update today.

Yeah, no work today nor tomorrow.

9 Likes

That’s ok! Keep up the great work.

2 Likes

No update today.

As I mentioned yesterday, no work today.

Thanks.

The update has certainly taken much longer than I thought. Partially due to me being lazy, me having more stuff to do in the summer than I expected, and because I haven’t done my notes in a particularly organized manner. Searching for a certain snippet of text in the code is way more work than you’d think when you can’t remember the exact “key words” to use. :stuck_out_tongue:

(and since the current update has a lot of links to previous stuff I had to crawl through a lot of text to find the segments I wanted. If it was just the coding stuff it’d be easy to find since all of that is written down in the “main file”, but when I want to check what “story text” I’ve written for something I pretty much have to read through all of the stuff to make sure there aren’t any continuity errors and so on. Then due to the structure of the dialogue nodes and so on, I sometimes had to read the “paths” separately to see what sort of information I’ve written in general and what’s been hidden in certain branches etc. If I had organized everything properly it wouldn’t have been all that much work, but I hadn’t, so… :stuck_out_tongue: )

12 Likes

I really really like the story… it reminds me of Detroit Become Human and it’s sets in a futuristic world which is rare for COG game we have tons of story based on medieval times not that they’re bad or anything, a lot of my favorite story and wip sets in medieval era or the early 20th century but I think It’ll be nice if we have more story like this but I digress…keep up the good work :wink::grinning:

3 Likes

No update today.

Decent return to work as far as these things go.

Thanks! :grin:

Detroit Become Human is one of the many inspirations I’ve had for the story, so it’s no shock that it might be a bit like it, especially since it was pretty recent(and thus fresh in my memory) when I started working on this. Still, there are other influences that have had a much bigger impact on Cyberpolice than Detroit. In general if I see something interesting in a game/movie/book/etc I can’t help but think of what my own spin on it might be. :smiley:

There’s certainly an abundance of fantasy and medieval works on the forum, no doubt because they’re more popular genres than scifi around here. Supply meets demand, so to speak. Probably also because it’s usually “easier” to make a fantasy/medieval setting than a scifi one since with scifi you have to rely more on the real world for many things, which means you usually need to have some kind of understanding of it or do research on it(which takes time and effort). With medieval fantasy stuff you can usually just say “it’s like this” and people accept it.

14 Likes

No update today.

Everything proceeds, slowly but surely. As always, ETA is “this month”. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

No update today.

Each day brings us closer.

9 Likes

No update today.

Alright, one of the branches is finalized now. Still a few more to go. Even after they’re all done, I’ll have to see if they’re more or less equally interesting for the player. I really hate it when one branch or path is the “preferred” one and the rest are just tagged on. But I might obsess a bit too much about such “balance” concerns, since at times it kinda makes things a bit too balanced(and thus bland/meaningless), so to speak. :smiley:

9 Likes

No update today.

Nothing new under the sun.

9 Likes

No update today.

Busy weekend again.

7 Likes

No update today.

Work continues tomorrow.

8 Likes

No update today.

Decent return to work.