Curious Cuisine (Superhero/Cooking)

I am trying to understand the culture and environment of the world, will the world have organised villains or heroes factions? Are the government trying to register them the way “Ironman” did ?

Will supervillains just run into our restaurant and rob us?

I am always curious how a superhumans earn their living ? will they earn livings by completing “bounties” the way they did in Hero Rise ? will they use their power in daily jobs instead ?

2 Likes

Spoilers:

Summary

The APORIA (Agency for Power Organization, Regulation and Independent Assessment) allowes powered Individuals to register. This is not mandatory. Being registered grants access to the training and medical aid program however (medical assisstance is offered to all Powered Individuals)
The APORIAs classification system for heroic and villainous Powered Individuals makes finding suitable cases and tasks around town.
Though many Powered Individuals work regular jobs.
Stormrider( Francis’ dad) e.g. is a reporter, Marcus works part time at a mineral store etc

5 Likes

Thanks for the information :slight_smile:

So there will be super-powered law officers to deal with Rogue superhumans right?

Is there any possibility that we hire a super-powered individual as security guard or bouncer ?

after the events of The Gloom and Nightfall, the majority of heroes and villains have retired, those still active and the new generation agreed on certain offlimit areas (as seen at the station). It isnt completely safe, but the cafe will be fine.

3 Likes

@MeltingPenguins ,when describing Francis, It’s said that :
“An elegant blue-silverish jacket with broad white golden lapels, a steel blue vest, form-fitting dark gray pants […]”

I’m assuming the vest is over the jacket instead of vice-versa? I’m trying to paint a mental image of him, but for some reason I just blocked at this one insignificant part and also, I’m going to assume he has short hair.

1 Like

@MeltingPenguins

So two things:
I’m an idiot, if a teenager can work, he needs to be near the ages of at least 16, I thought they’d be near the 12-13’s, meaning I need to stop skimming and start reading, gives me more freedom I guess?
Also, I just had this head-canon going on in my mind, where Francis, Marcus and your kid would be a somewhat successful, yet malfunctioning team and just had to draw it up. (Now with adjusted age range * wink * * wink *)
Off the record, is this a possible scenario in the future?
#toolazytocolor #yesthey’reblonde

Edit: Fixed visual inconsistencies and jankiness.

15 Likes

The pic is gorgeous ;_; thank you.
The vest/waistcost is under the jacket though. But nevertheless

2 Likes

Im kinda curios why a superhero Gets panicky when we stand up to them and defend our child from them when we don’t appear to have powers as far as i can tell

Because beneath the mask Francis is a human being after all

2 Likes

Gadgetry Super like bats and not Genetic like superman or spider man?
Also how frequent is Gadgeteers to Gene Supers anyway, and do you plan on both parent and child being any type of super or just child? is it Hereditary? how do you describe the color blue without saying blue or sky?

To elaborate more:
Francis is genetically powered (gadgeteers etc exist too), but the reason he reacts like that has nothing to do with whether or not he has powers.

1 Like

Sounds like Francis isn’t quite confidant in their powers at that moment then
or im off base.

it will all make sense later :wink:

also, because I nearly forgot (sorry Dx )
@Prism_Stars yeah that might easily happen

2 Likes

A new moodboard for Francis that @MeltingPenguins insists I have to show you all D:

6 Likes

I see from that, the moodboard says…I’m rich, i have no friends…Please love me

3 Likes

Ok, so I got slapped, thankfully not in the literal sense, by my brother, who’s an art student,
who was having a conniption at the time and told me to put more effort into art after seeing Marcus, the Kid and Francis not matching their descriptions. So I did, I’m like 90% sure I have the costumes down pat, and decided to go all the way and just color it, for the hell of it.

ALSO, almost forgot, you hinted at a school, how will the PoV be divided, as running the store and going to school seems to wrestle for the players attention. And if school really is a thing, how did Marcus or even how will Marcus be able to attend if, assuming he’s part-timing, having a sick mother and having close to no tuition? Or was I hallucinating once again and Marcus isn’t poor?

This redo is my “PERSEVERE, we’re all with ya!” again.

12 Likes

@Prism_Stars

Currently it’s summer break (June or July).
School in CoCi works a bit different, time wise (goes from 8 am to 2 pm) and different classes (no courses and AP stuff, but a set schedule more akin to the e.g. german system).
So, marcus manages with lots of stress. (school, when not on break, till 2, work from 4-8)
He doesn’t live far from where you’ll meet him next time, but yeah, if it weren’t for the help of friends and CoCi’s laws and programs in that regard he’d be screwed.

Today I procrastinated coding (no worries, I’m on it)
by making a floorplan of the cafe:

EDIT: New, updated floorplan above

Also, it looks a little like this:

The small house. Just with a courtyard with a fieldstone wall around it.
But you’ll see :smiley:

23 Likes

Quick update:

Next update will likely be delayed to the 20th, as I currently can’t seem to get any coding to work.
Current file for the update however, counts 9500 words with text and I figure that is about half the update now.

What you can expect however:

• It will be possible to pick being trans via all three options at the start, not just the ‘Hey’ one. So if you are e.g. a trans guy, picking ‘dad!’ when your kid calls you now allows you to set this proper.
  • Various stat gains altered
  • First achievements available
  • More interactions with various NPCs
  • You can now set the gender and pronouns of your former spouse (if you had one)

See you then, and wish me luck to overcome this coding-block quickly.

13 Likes

Does that mean that there will be a flashback with them?