Curious Cuisine (Superhero/Cooking)

You will see :slight_smile:

Hmmm
to make it a proper Grand Cafe I suppose we’d have to make it successful enough to the point where we can buy the bigger, neighbouring house and connect the two

2 Likes

We need a tactical attack
They look to be a store
This is open war!
We shall have plain cloths people talk up our cafe at the neighboring store. A super will “accidentally” crash thru thier window

X’D
No worries. In the game there’s a passageway between the houses and the house next door is a regular private home.

EDIT: Also: total wordcount (with code) for the game so far is at 49k. And we’re still not at the end of what’s technically the prologue.

2 Likes

UPDATED Jan.12th 2018

As the new file is now 14k words (with code) long, I decided to update after all.

This update includes:

Fixes/changes

• fixed several typos and continuity errors
  • fixed a bug in the stats
  • fixed a bit where no text would display if you had your kid without another human actively involved.
  • changed the size of the Plaza as well as some names

Additions

• If you’re trans you can now pick the respective option under ‘mom’ and ‘dad’ as well as under ‘hey’ at the beginning. (this still needs fine tuning, so feedback is needed)
  • Stats now have multiple pages
  • You can now meet your rival
  • you have a chance to check out your cafĂ©

HINT:

When checking out the café, pay close attention to a couple of rooms. This will become important later (optional)

21 Likes

Over at the little passage stands a man around your age and build, dark-haired, looking at you over the rim of his half-moon glasses with narrowed eyes.

And who you might be young stranger
?

Just a concerned citizen, nothing to see here

3 Likes

I enjoyed the update. It gives a better sense of place, and the introduction to the rival works well.

A few things I noticed:

During the course of the conversation with Ian, my unflappable/easily ruffled score changed dramatically. It was at 54/46 and then shifted to 4/96.

I was playing as a male MC and decided to ask Marcus about his family. The text had my character call him “dear,” which strikes me as something that only a certain type of person, most of them women and probably older than the MC is likely meant to be, would ever say to a teenage boy.

Choosing to look for a back door to the cafe leads to an error message.

thanks. I’ll look into that.
Could you give me the error code about the backdoor?

EDIT: fixed the stats error. seems I forgot a + in a new choice. Sorry.

If the backdoor error was about ‘kidthemselves’ that should be fixed already.

It was about ‘kidthemselves.’ I was replaying with other choices while compiling my comment.

Oh, something else I noticed. When exploring the cafe, once you go upstairs, you can’t explore anywhere else. You very helpfully give a warning about that if you haven’t explored other places first, and you place it as the last option on the list.

But when you’re in the main cafe room, the last option on the list is to look at the newspapers, which you can’t go back to once you head for the kitchen and the private areas. You might want to reorder the choices so that they aren’t so easily skipped over.

I’ll see to that tomorrow.
Those choicebodies currently ARE a mess, I admit to that.
I’ll see what I can do to make things smoother and clearer.

Just replayed it, going in through the backdoor this time. When you do it that way, it looks like you have more options for going back to places, and you’re guided toward exploring the cafe area last. But when I did it in that order, I didn’t get the exchange about the kitchen being equipped that allows you to boost one of your cooking scores. (I really enjoy the way you talk back to the narrator in a couple of places in that section).

1 Like

:smiley:
As said, I’ll see to making it smooth by tomorrow. Stay tuned :3

EDIT:
Okay, had a quick bugfix there. Going back and forth between the apartment and the cafĂ© should kinda work now, but I’ll rework it proper tomorrow.

Is that so

Oh well

Some things

Layla is still where you left her, chatting with
 wait, isn’t that Marcus? Oh, yeah, seems so. Alright then.

I didn’t meet Marcus but instead went to the restaurant and after exiting the hairdressing saloon the scene plays as if I met him

“How do i get to
” you begin, just when somewhere in the shop something beeps and the employee turns away from you.

I :3

“I think we did,” Layla says, folding Her map back into Her pocket.

“Pretty certain there’s some tiny alleys on neither map that threw us off,” she says, scratching Her head.

Pronouns are in capital letters. I don’t know about the other gender options tho :confused: If it helps the kid is female

Layla gives you a Just 5 more minutes-look.

You should remove the - between minutes and look

one of the employees greets you

Is it meant to be in italics?

Danielle blinks

Missed a full stop there

At least he’s not as gaunt as that one british actor.

Nothing wrong here just wondering which actor you mentioned lol

Like that fake call you-know-which-asshole made that got you to cancel several job interviews

Since I chose that the husband’s family were the assholes and I was good with him, shouldn’t it be assholes or it is always like this?

1 Like

Your son had cracked a joke about you finally getting accepted into Hogwarts before you could.

I don’t get that sentence. Did you mean before he (the son) could?

Okay, I have absolutely no clue how that happened. Neither the restaurant part nor anything before that line sets ‘met_marcus’ to “true” (which I’m using for the multireplace) :confused: I dunno how to fix that. Could you try clearing your cage and try to produce the error again?

It’s some stray !s. I’ll see to that tomorrow

Yep. They are not really ‘greeting’ you as such.

They’re talking about Aunt Gloria :wink:

I’ll reformat that to
Your son had cracked a joke about ‘You finally getting accepted into Hogwarts’ before you could.

Is that better?

Hm I did that and the scene played fine.
Weird

My best guess is that the cache held some leftover meeting
 Then again, it would not be unexpected for Marcus to meddle with Francis
 :wink:

Ah you mean he made the joke before I could? Yes that’s ok

Yep. :wink: exactly :slight_smile: