Curious Cuisine (Superhero/Cooking)

Not too well, admittedly. And, again, at the risk of sounding rude, part of the problem is the lack of motivation caused by self-doubt caused by lack of feedback. :frowning:

yikes, poor thing, cancel that self-doubt you are great and so is your work, i am mostly unable to give feedback, because i can only second what most said. Please belief in your self it will turn out great :grin:

2 Likes

Nah, itā€™s a great novel and i think you too believe in that. I canā€™t say anything about feedbacks but what i understand is, as imagination is the fuel of reader, feedback is the fuel of writer(?) I would put Curious Cousine among the best so far this year.

4 Likes

I hope. thanks :confused:
allow me to be whiny for a moment.
Iā€™m sitting here, moving sentences around, noting down ideas and look at what I have and wonder:
does this work? Should I expand on this? Are there questions people have I havenā€™t thought about yet?

Yes, usually this stuff comes during the alpha and beta tests, but I found I work better when I get this stuff done before.

Sorry

1 Like

donā€™t apologiese i know what you mean and how you feel, i donā€™t know if it will help you but when i have a blockade i listen to different variations of a touhou soundtrack ā€œyoukai mountainā€

I can only agree on that

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry youā€™re having a tough time. Like others said youā€™re doing an awesome job so donā€™t let yourself get down. I am a completely useless feedback giver. I am always amazed at how well you guys put these games together and the writing is top notch. So Iā€™m over here like this is perfect what can you change? Then you guys change it and I think ā€œWOW its even more amazing than it was!ā€ If itā€™s worth anything I check this thread everyday. So I will try to be more helpful in the future. :smiley:

Also, copying this from the IAP thread:

Iā€™m currently considering having a full-fledged city map and illustrated character database as IAP, + a bonusmission thatā€™d take one back to the big battleā€¦
Would that be too much?

The latter thingā€¦ if i could code it would have your character appear in subsequent playthroughs
(IF i figure how to pull that off)

3 Likes

Say what now? Whatchoo talking l bout Willis?

What it sounds like.

What it sounds like is if Iā€™m understanding it right. We become likeā€¦ an NPC Family in a second playthrough?

1 Like

Youd have a bonus thing taking you back to the battle of The Gloom, and youā€™d get mentioned throughout the main story

2 Likes

I was just going to suggest having an NPC contest. But if you could pull it off thatā€™d be a helluva new experience for a CYOA game.

2 Likes

The only problemā€¦ while I have an idea how to pull it offā€¦ that bonus thing would prolly amount to the lenght of a full game (at least 100k words with code)

1 Like

Does the battle of the Gloom involve time travel

Nope.
Youā€™d create a full new character, and afterwards go play the maingame

Well you could just do a prologue.

Naw. Not everyone might want it. AND its just a bonus, not an integral part of the story

Well then donā€™t worry about it. Just focus on telling the story you want to tell.

Dont abandon that idea just kick it under the rug for time being

The thing is: I cant work like that. As said above, i work best when thereā€™s little between finishing something and polishing it.
So if this is to be part of the main story, iā€™ll have to put it in now. :frowning: