Curious Cuisine (Superhero/Cooking)

This is like Wednesday isn’t it sounds like it should be pronounced we’d nes day but pronounced when’s day . They doesn’t roll is probably grammatically correct but sounds weird.

Bug I somehow saved to my stats page so whenever I load it I see my relationship with my daughter stat and return to game takes me to stat page

Not a bug i can do anything about. Thats a known thing with the save system. You’ll have to restart from the start

Will do . I think it’d be amusing for the hey Option to have “I’m actually mom/dad my kid is just really informal”

1 Like

I didn’t know if you wanted ALL the stats screens or just What Makes You You…so I did all of them.

Any other information needed?

2018-04-24_19-23-58
2018-04-24_19-24-18

1 Like

Nope. Thanks. Well, just the info if you think the stats are in line with what you tried to play as?

It seems to be in line with how I tried to play, I went through relatively balanced and that’s essentially how it all came out.

Must say I do quite enjoy how this story is going and am enjoying your literary style. I’m excited for more but also know I must be patient. I’d you would be so kind as to invent a time travel device…

1 Like

There’s chronokinesis and i think the power glossary says why thats a bad idea.
Also your input would be missing as youd not be here in the interim.

Sidenote: folks, say which shout outs and cameos you found :wink:

I’m going to assume anyone who just says the worst possible thing is going to be an homage to me :slight_smile:

Very much enjoyed the update. You’re pacing this so far as a gradual exploration of the world and a steady accretion of mysteries to be solved. They’re all intriguing enough to make me keep wanting more- you’re just going to have to be sure that the payoffs feel satisfying.

I played through the update twice, making different choices each time. I feel like the APOEL museum path seems much better than the return to the hotel path. It feels like it’s advancing the story, at least in terms of more interaction with Mr. Prince, introductions to superheroes, another odd medical crisis for the parent, even a chance to boost a cooking skill (I think). The hotel just gives some sweet interaction with the child, but we’ve already got a bunch of those. The two choices feel very unbalanced. (I contrast that with the museum/restaurant/hotel choice earlier in the game, where each path is very rewarding).

A couple of things I noticed:
-the description of the “vegetarian” doner kebab describes it as being made out of meat. You may also want to drop the mention of meat in the kosher version of the savory pancake.
-If you do the restaurant path and meet Francis, during the encounter with him in the mayor’s office, the mayor mentions my daughter- but in this playthrough I had a son.

One final worldbuilding question: where are the Latinx people? You mentioned earlier that people from Mexico and Central America would end up in Cornucopia city, which would mean that there would be a fairly high population of Latinx people, and you’d probably expect to see a lot of cultural influences from them in the city, too, including the food. So far, nobody mentioned is named or described that way.

3 Likes

Oh, and another question. Is the vision of your ex when you faint the same regardless of your relationship with them?

The first time, I had my ex as loved but dead, the next time as hated and divorced. I got essentially the same vision each time. It felt just right for someone loved but dead, but you’d think someone who you hated and was still alive would provoke a different reaction.

1 Like

Found a few mistakes;

In that sentence, just need to remove ‘I’

Well, no need to state the obvious.

Everything still good otherwise, failed to spot any cameos and whatnot.

Here are the final stats from my playthrough:
stats1

the stats seems to coincide with my choices.

Thanks everyone.
To answer your questions, guntram:

1. That there’s no statgain if you return to the hotel is on purpose.
  2. Thanks for noting the food and the spouse bits, means i need to fix the code.
  3. As for Latinx: you should have met dr garcia, and mr rattray (despite the name. It’ll be explained later.) But i’ll fiddle with it.

EDIT: to elaborate now that i’m not typing on mobile:

1. That there’s no stat gain is on purpose. You forfeit the chance to learn something new by going to the hotel (or the city, once that’s coded).
  2. Fixed the food bits and will put things in with the rest of the update. Messed up the multireplace order. Also added a bit of stuff for the vision.

Conventional: 58% Unconventional: 42%
Unflappable: 59% Easily Ruffled: 41%
Rude: 48% Polite: 52%
Careful: 56% Rash: 44%
Curious: 52% Disinterested: 48%

That’s what I did lol

1 Like

If you didn’t have your kid’s safety and well-being on the line would you have accepted the letter?

I don’t think my character would have.

Yeah but that’s not the premise of the game /shrug

So what is the point of having the choice of going to the hotel? Is there some sort of reward- not necessarily in stats, but in story, information, chance to explore the world- that one gets from making that choice?

When I play through the first part, I really have to think about where I want to go before the post office opens. Which experience is most interesting? Which character do I want to encounter? (And I know whichever I choose, I’ll get something good and have to miss out on something else that’s good). As it stands, the choice after the mayor’s office is between an encounter that gives you lots of story, information, and depth and one that is really nothing new or special (a sweet bonding moment with the kid is nice, but I’ve had those already). There’s very much a “right answer” to that choice, and that’s a departure from the way the story has been so far, where all of those types of choices are roughly equivalent. (I was expecting to bump into someone interesting in the lobby or something). As it stands, I’d never pick that path again, because it feels like a punishment for picking the boring choice.

Nevertheless you feel horrible twang of panic at the the thought of what might have happened had this gon awry, and you pull Hannah into a protective hug.

1 Like