Curious Cuisine (Superhero/Cooking)

Which one? 55% of what marcus says are puns.

2 Likes

Gneiss, thought G.C.Betker couldn’t write.

45%, but you wrote him, P.S can you add a line on the page where the family references cheating and check for ludicrously high stats?

Please cut it out with what you seem to deem “taste of your own medicine”, thank you kindly.

This is a gentle reminder to please keep conversations directed at the topic at hand and not at the individuals themselves. Focusing replies on the individuals themselves instead of the topic at hand can lead to friction between members and often causes the thread to derail.

Please keep posts centered on the topic and debate the points being made, and not centered on the people making them.

Finally, if you see disrespectful posts please do not reply to them. Rather please use the report feature and let forum staff de-escalate friction.

Please keep the discussion focused on the Curious Cuisine game and not outside references to other topics, thank you.

7 Likes

//reads the ROs list//

//sees Izzy’s details//

now this is a character i can relate. (because they’re me in both sexuality and personality) XD

1 Like

Ahhhh. I must disappoint you i think. I need to update the list as Izzy’s personality has changed a lot.

a little sad but now, i’m curious about those changes. :grinning:

they went… very eccentric. Still snarky and bit pessimistic though

is it okay for you to define “eccentric” (because eccentric for you might mean normal to me)

I’d say eccentric by the ‘common’ understanding. To me its normal too xD mostly

Spoiler: this is their (current might change) introduction. (Polly is my placeholder name for the mcs kid when writing):

Summary

“I mean it’s my first event of that kind,” you say as you go through the outfits.
Polly is about to answer when there’s a rustle from the curtains to your right.
“Hey,” a voice calls “which of these is more 'space pirate garrotting the emperor of new atlantis?”
You and Polly turn.
Peeking out from the fabric is a small person about Polly’s age with short, wild, magenta hair, wearing a rather eccentric ensemble with a ruffled blouse and a rhinestone-studded leather skirt with suspenders. They’re holding up two long coats straight out of some pirate movie.
And looking at Polly in expectation.
Polly blinks.
“Eerr… Steam-, cyber- or solarpunk New Atlantis?” Polly asks back.
The other teenager ponders for a moment. “That… is an excellent question.”
Without a further word they retreat back into the back of the shop.
You and Polly are baffled for a moment.

EDIT2 pic from Etrian Odyssey 5, but this is pretty much izzy (no wonder i named the char thus) (just they have human ears):

Summary

7 Likes

I love them. I completely and absolutely love them. I fell in love.

5 Likes

I don’t tend to romance characters when I have to focus on something like “Revenge” or “Family” or Supernatural threats trying to kill me while vampires undermine my authority but try to seduce me" ain’t nobody got time for that. But since my kid will be making friends and I’ll have free time I might check out ROs after all I’m playing a single mom with out a previous relationship so no drama holding me back :).

We’re nearing 170k in total for the update. Granted, some stuff might get moved to later in the story but good heavens.

16 Likes

Alright, currently fine-tuning some in-between bits (aka the small stuff between the key scenes) and I need an opinion on the following:

Below is what you get when you went to visit the hero museum on day 2, and head into the technology exhibit. Mr Prince is the guy you met at your cafe, and if you fainted in the foyer before he’ll have called the medical team and then left before you woke, respectively he’ll have called them if you weren’t affected by what happened in the foyer

Massive Spoilers

Even though APORIA is not even ten years old, and the museum itself is much younger, the Technology Exhibition is obviously the latest addition to the museum.

“Welcome to the Batcave,” !{kid_firstname} jokes, gesturing dramatically. "Hah, what d'ye think, {kid_calling}? How often have they heard that one?"
*line_break
“I’d say it depends. Do you think Cornucopia is connected to Gotham?”
*line_break
“Only if you mean that as one of New York’s nicknames,” another voice cuts in and you turn.
*line_break
$!{kid_firstname}'s face falls and morphs into a sneer.

Standing in front of one of the showcases nearby is Mr Prince, hands in his pockets, looking at what looks like a 21st century hairdryer as imagined in the 50s.

*if (aporiarflare)
“You go away,” !{kid_firstname} sneers, stepping in front of you. "You ran off when {kid_calling} fainted, you…"
*line_break
Mr Prince raises a hand to wave !{kid_firstname} off. "What, would you have preferred I stay by {their} side, with how little you want me there?"
*line_break
$!{kid_firstname} is glaring daggers. “As if you cared.”
*line_break
“Well, I did inform the medical unit, now didn’t I, but did you?”
*line_break
You frown and clear your throat audibly. “Could both of you stop?”

They both fall silent, looking at you in expectations.
*line_break
“Thank you.” You sigh and gently place a hand on $!{kid_firstname}'s shoulder.
*goto anoddoffer

*else
“You again,” !{kid_firstname} growls, shuffling in front of you. *line_break Mr Prince ignores {kidthem}. “I hope you are well, !{parent_address} !{lastname}. You struck me as rather startled upon that little unfortunate interlude in the foyer.”
*line_break
“I…”
*line_break
!{kid_firstname} turns {kidtheir} head towards you, signaling you to get away from Mr Prince.
*line_break
“Now, now,” goes Mr Prince, seeing that, “whatever did I do to deserve such a vicious glare, my dear sweet child?”
*line_break
Alright, that’s enough. You protectively place a hand on $!{kid_firstname}'s shoulder.
*line_break
*goto anoddoffer

*label anoddoffer
“Mr Prince, I do appreciate @{(aporiarflare = “true”) that you did call help, but you did not earn any feather in your hat by running off. And please, don’t pretend you did so respecting my {parent_calling}'s wishes| your concerns, but kindly stop antagonizing my {parent_calling}.”
*line_break
!{kid_firstname} huffs and crosses {kidtheir} arms at Mr Prince, who… chuckles.

“Ah, where I my manners?”
*line_break
“Wow, you lost something you never had?” $!{kid_firstname} retorts.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Forgive me if you have already mentioned this but is Mr. Prince supposed to be an integral part of the story?
If not I don’t think I would care to much for all this back and forth with him and at this point he comes across as someone I won’t like. Seems like he might be causing us some trouble in the future?

sneakstalk

maybe

Happy speculating

5 Likes

Ok, so I’m not the best reviewer of coding, seeing how I’ve yet to practice with Choicescript properly, but based from all this, everything seems alright. Only issue I saw was typo and this;

You seem to be missing *line_break ( I’m basing this on the fact you added it after each new sentence )

The typo is fixed, the other thing is not missing a line_break.

And i was not asking for coding feedback…

Oh, sorry didn’t realise.

Well, I mean that’s why I gave the context of the scene and all…