Curious Cuisine (Superhero/Cooking)

Can you give valuable feedback?

What do you think is Valuable feedback?

Pretty much whatā€™s expected at the cog betas:

Continuity, scenes that ā€œdont work for oneā€ (as in ā€˜i dont think my char would do that becauseā€™), suggestions, checking for bugs etc

Then yes , yes I could do that.

Drop me a pm then

Iā€™ve been rethinking the overprotective parent thing and have reached a different conclusion. My kid HAS to stand up for themselves because if they donā€™t handle it Mama will. And you donā€™t want Mama to handle it. Mamaā€™s got a little crazy In her. Hell thatā€™s probably how the Fuckupalypse happened. Someone hurt my daughter and ended up in the hospital. Thats why she reminds me she can take care of herself. Because she doesnā€™t want a repeat. Though Iā€™ll probably be nicer to her dates and friends. Though if I catch her bringing weed into this house Iā€™m confiscating it ( and putting on some pink floyd)

Update is almost done (hope to have it up be sunday), but a fair warning:

It may contain one of the meanest/trickiest puzzles in the library. So feedback is needed then.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll figure it out or die trying.

1 Like

Past days itā€™s been crazy at home so I havenā€™t been on much but Iā€™m free again and I can test too but I donā€™t have the member badge yet so I canā€™t DM on here though.

1 Like

Gonna nudge you on twitter

1 Like

Took me long enough! :smiley:
Finally managed to get through what is within the beta and I gotta say I freaking love it! The customization options is unparalleled, at least, compared to other COG games Iā€™ve played, and I almost always satisfied with the choices, which is rare with games with large amounts of choices. The characters are also all very likable, and the world building is fascinating and not too complicated, I loved every minute of it.

But just praising alone wouldnā€™t be of much help so I better provide some criticism, hereā€™s a few:

1. Nitpick, I am surprised at how much there is in this game already despite being only the first chapter. It makes me wonder, how long is this game going to be exactly? By nitpick I mean I am kinda fearing youā€™ll end up with too high of a word count or the pace would be inconsistent, which basically means that the start shall be slow but then suddenly quickens near the end causing a rushed final act or something. Really hope this isnā€™t the case.

2. Some minor continuation complaint, my child for some reason seems to imply disliking Francis which would had been understandable if I had took the path where youā€™ll meet him. I played an unconventional character you see so the paths I took involves not meeting him very much. Just thought that was kinda weird.

3. This is more of a question than anything but what bugged me for the longest time since reading this is about the lore of the villains. Tell me if I just missed anything or if you already answered this previously, but why exactly would people wish to be a villain in CoCi? Considering what happened to Odium and the threat most villains posses, I still could not understand why registering as one is legal in then first place., shouldnā€™t it be outlawed to keep the citizens safe? Or were you already planning on revealing why on a future update? Cause Iā€™d been kinda confused for the longest time about that.

4. This is now about characters. Personally, I donā€™t see why Nicholas was written like he was hateable. I honestly donā€™t see why. Once again, maybe itā€™s just me misreading stuff once again but is there a reasoning behind my child thinking he is weird besides that one time when we thought he left me while I was getting my emotions screwed by an empath .

Thatā€™s all I can think for now. Once again, really enjoyed it, and am very glad to see you back! Might try to join the Fan Art contest if I have the time. Anyways, I hope you continue enjoying writing! As I always say :wink:

2 Likes

Hello. Happy you liked it. Now, letā€™s see if I can answer your points:

1. I am, most unfortunately, a pretty wordy writer. Or better, one who tries to pen down the path from A to B and all the foreshadowing therein. You might laugh, but what we have right now is already a revised version from a much longer longhand writing, after several elements have been shifted around.
    And looking at the rough outlines it might become a pretty long thing, though mostly due to several intertwining story branched (mentioned somewhere above)
    Iā€™ll do my best to keep the pace consistent and engaging.
  2. Could you say at which point exactly? Maybe I just messed up a variable there. I tried to keep the kid neutral when you havenā€™t met Francis on day one, but I would not be surprised if I missed something.
  3. Ah, thanks for reminding me, I meant to clarify this in-game for a while now. I have already changed it to ā€˜you donā€™t register as a hero or villainā€™ but rather register to get training and a medical file. Sure, it might sound like a recipe for disaster, teaching powered individuals how to use their power best should they then decide on a villainā€™s path, but usually it seems to have the effect that people think twice about becoming villains. (Also thereā€™s dozens of unregistered villains, like Naughtā€™s father)
    Iā€™ll clarify how things work in a later update.
  4. Another item on my to-rewrite list. And a future update (not the coming one, maybe the one after) will change the parts to just being miffed at him.

Hope that answers the questions.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply! Now for some clarifications:

The scene in question was after we met the reporter person (sorry, suck at names Iā€™m gonna check later) , when he gave us that phone for my child from Francis . I canā€™t do screenshots for now sadly but if I recall my child reacted kinda irratated (based on how I read the descriptiin, I could be wrong since that scene is wedge near the middle to last part of the game) which I thought is kinda strange. I hope that helps! :smiley:

Ah, thank you. I know which bit you mean. Iā€™ll check later if I forgot a variable there, and if not, will make sure to revise the bit to make it more consistent.

Thanks. :3

Edit: turning things over in my head a bit I think i could have it to have mr prince explain about the registeringā€¦

Itā€™s been a long while since I last saw this game and itā€™s developing nicely. I dig the parent-kid relationship, I love the array of choices we get (altho with phone in hand wouldā€™ve definitely explored that eery basement)

Just one typo that caught my eye

Zrzut%20ekranu%20(13275)

Canā€™t wait to see what more you have in store for us :wink:

1 Like

With super names maybe Flytrap for plant based powers.
Cloner: Something with mitosis maybe
Dreams: Morpheus
Sound: Bass

1 Like

Thanks. Plants and sound Iā€™m good with. And morpheus is a little too cliche xD

Edit: I got 98 of 202-20x names now

CODENAME SneakPeek. These are the names (so far) youā€™ll get as suggestions in the bonus (and the maingame) for your codename, and the names of existings heroes and villains.
(the names marked with * are thos of existing heroes/villains)

Power Spoilers Within
1. Aetherkinesis: (aether/reality warping)
   *Ethernal*
   Essence
   Cosmicon
   Singularity

2. Acidokinetic (acid)
   *Corrosive*
   The Drip
   Dissolute
   CrossOut

3. Aerokinetic (air)
   *Stormrider*
   Seraphym
   Downdraft
   Tailwind

4. Alcokinetic (alcohol)
   *Bacchanalia*
   Boozer
   Dipsology
   Fuddle

5. Atomkinetic (atoms/molecules)
   *The Architect*
   MoleCull
   Blue Flash
   Corium

6. Chlorokinetic (plants)
   *Bella Donna*
   *Rosebud*
   Dryad
   Florassaault
   Wallflower
   Orchard

7. Chronokinetic (time)
   *FreezeFrame*
   Timeskip
   The Chronophage
   Hourglass
   Deadline
   First of Never

8. Cibumkinetic (food)
   *Served*
   The Hunger
   Nibbles
   Banquet
   Prandial

9. Cuppediaekinetic (candy)
   *SweetCheeks*
   *Sugarcoat*
   HoneyCombs
   The Bellaria
   Bittersweet

10. Cryokinetic (ice)
   *Frostbite*
   Hypothermia
   Snowflake
   The Glacier

11. Elektrokinetic (electricity)
   *Powerhouse*
   High Voltage
   Golden Bolt
   Inductor

12. Fabrikinetic (fabric/thread)
   *La Mode*
   The Heddle
   LookBook
   Vogue
   Unravel

13. Ferrokinetic (metals)
   *Rust*
   The Metallist
   Forestone
   Alloyant

14. Haemokinetic (blood)
   *Pulse*
   *Scarlet Swan*
   CrimSin
   Siralu
   Anemia

15 Hyalokinetic (glass)
   *SliveredMirror*
   Puntilion
   Vitrage
   The Shard

16 Hydrokinetic (water)
   *DeepBlue
   *Turmoil*
   LowTide
   AnimoSeaty
   Diver 7

17. KerĆ­kinetic (wax)
   *Dollmaker*
   Chandelier
   Seventh Seal
   Daedalus

18. Limuskinetic (slime)
   *Splatter*
   MuCuss
   Golden Snail
   Slick Trick

19. Miasmakinetic (gas)
   *Gaslight*
   The Gasmask
   Lachrymator
   Bad Air Day

20. Meteorokinetic (weather)
   *RainyDay*
   Eyewall

21. Nosokinetic (diseases)
   *Nurse Dolly*
   *Miss Eerie*

22. Oleokinetic (oil)
   *Slipp*

23. Palletakinetic (paint)
   *Butterfly*

24. Papyrokinetic (paper)
   *Pageturner*

25. Photokinetic (light)
   *Kaleydoscope*
   *Prestige*
   Splendid
   Illumine

26. Picturakinetic (pictures)
   *CelloPain*
   *SnapShot*
   Lightbox

27. Pyrokinetic (fire)
   *Heatstroke*
   Greek Fire
   HotSpot
   BurnOut

28. Sonokinetic (sound)
   *Cambiare*
   *Echo*
   Symphony
   Songbird
   Accord

29. Technokinetic (technology)
   *Circuit*
   *EMPeror*
   *Automatona*
   Clockwork
   Triode
   Protoboard

30. Terrakinetic (earth)
   *TerraFirma*
   *Ace Of Spades*
   Spelunker

31. Toxikinetic (poison)
   *DiaboliGal*
   *Jade Empress*

32. Typhokinetic (smoke)
   *Fog*
   The Smog
   HazeArd
   MistRess/Mist Master

33. Umbrakinetic (shadows)
   *Eclipse*
   *Naught*
   Penumbra
   Slinks

34. Vitakinetic (health)
   *ArchAngel*
   Patronage

35. Summoning: Animals
   *Edenic*
   *Madame Tarantula*
   Ark
   Aquerne

36. Summoning: Gravity
   *Vertigo*

37. Summoning: Weapons
   *Switchblade*
   *Artemis*
   The Armery
   Gunne Powdur
   Axecentric

38. Comakinetic (Hair)
   *Cocoon*
   *Lady Ariadne*

39. Limb-Detacher
   *Balljoint*
   Dr Disassamble
   Sprout

40. Stretcher
   *DemoLasher*
   Whiplash
   The Expansionist

41. Size-Changer
   Magnanimity

42. Morpher (turns into in-/semianimate objects)
   *Mimic*

43. Shapeshifter (turns into living beings)
   *MetaMorphia*
   Miss Conception

44. Flyer
   *Heron*

45. Speedster
   *Vivacity*

46. Bruiser (super strength)
   *Bearserker*
   Wallbreaker
   X-S
   KnockOut

47. Leaper (super jumps)
   *Nightsky*

48. Stronghold (super defense)
   *Champion*

49. cloner (short-lasting copies, same power level)
   *Substitute*
   Pluralize
   Manifold
   PileUp

50. splitter (long-lasting copies, getting weaker)
   *Myriad*
   *Synchronicity*
   Denarius
   Posse
   Skiver

51. teleporter
   *Scorn*
   Entrevoir
   Rubix

52. telepath
   *Renegade*
   Crossword

53. oneirokinetic (dreams)
   SweetDreams

54. puppeteer (controlling other beings)
   *Fearfuel*
   Charmante

55. somnokinetic (sleep)

56. hypnotist
   Spellbound

57. Empath
   Heartbreak
   SinPathy

58. puppetmaster (controlling constructs, requires line of sight)

59. animator (controlling autonomous constructs)
   Graverobber

60. telekinetic
   *Makeshift*
   OffChance

61. clairvoyant
   *The Seeress*

62. psychometrist (knowing a beings/items history by contact)

63. amplifier (boosting powers)

64. mimic (copying powers)
   *BlackBox*
   *DupliCat*
   MirrorImage

65. thief (stealing powers)
   Scavenger

66. synergist (using powers alongside someone)
   Equalize
   SynchUp
   HarmOnic

67. nullifier (nullifying powers)
   Impair
   Cancel
   Limiter

should be 120 of at least 202 now (not counting those already in use)

Edit2:
And in other news, I put down the outlines for the paths and how they influence each other. And which HAVE to influence each other for a different outcome.

Friends, I am honestly scared.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Update October 7th

New:

• Finished Chapter 1, Act 5: The Fish in the Closet.
  • Thereā€™s now a couple of name suggestions in the Bonus

Fixed/Changed:

• Altered a couple of variable names. If something looks fishy, quicktest didnā€™t catch it. Let me know.
  • Altered the encounter with Mr Prince at APORIA
  • Added new responses for sharing the story with Mrs Lane in Act 1.
  • Removed miracle birth options. Science is amazing, but most unfortunately humans commonly still need an egg and sperm to make a baby.
  • BlackBox will no longer attack with two attacks of the same kind if you play as villain in the Bonus.
  • Several grammar, wording and other such fixes.
  • Overhauled the subscene to change pronouns to make it flow smoother.

Next Update:

• Finish Chapter 1
  • Begin Chapter 2
  • Finish the APORIA guide, and the MCā€™s notes in the bonus.

To come (later):

• Grammar and spelling fixes, as well as settling on on type of english.
  • Get cover art
  • Get chapter/act title images
  • Do a Q&A for the guideā€™s FAQ
19 Likes
1 Like