Can you give valuable feedback?
What do you think is Valuable feedback?
Pretty much what’s expected at the cog betas:
Continuity, scenes that “dont work for one” (as in ‘i dont think my char would do that because’), suggestions, checking for bugs etc
Then yes , yes I could do that.
Drop me a pm then
I’ve been rethinking the overprotective parent thing and have reached a different conclusion. My kid HAS to stand up for themselves because if they don’t handle it Mama will. And you don’t want Mama to handle it. Mama’s got a little crazy In her. Hell that’s probably how the Fuckupalypse happened. Someone hurt my daughter and ended up in the hospital. Thats why she reminds me she can take care of herself. Because she doesn’t want a repeat. Though I’ll probably be nicer to her dates and friends. Though if I catch her bringing weed into this house I’m confiscating it ( and putting on some pink floyd)
Update is almost done (hope to have it up be sunday), but a fair warning:
It may contain one of the meanest/trickiest puzzles in the library. So feedback is needed then.
I’ll figure it out or die trying.
Past days it’s been crazy at home so I haven’t been on much but I’m free again and I can test too but I don’t have the member badge yet so I can’t DM on here though.
Gonna nudge you on twitter
Took me long enough!
Finally managed to get through what is within the beta and I gotta say I freaking love it! The customization options is unparalleled, at least, compared to other COG games I’ve played, and I almost always satisfied with the choices, which is rare with games with large amounts of choices. The characters are also all very likable, and the world building is fascinating and not too complicated, I loved every minute of it.
But just praising alone wouldn’t be of much help so I better provide some criticism, here’s a few:
Nitpick, I am surprised at how much there is in this game already despite being only the first chapter. It makes me wonder, how long is this game going to be exactly? By nitpick I mean I am kinda fearing you’ll end up with too high of a word count or the pace would be inconsistent, which basically means that the start shall be slow but then suddenly quickens near the end causing a rushed final act or something. Really hope this isn’t the case.
Some minor continuation complaint, my child for some reason seems to imply disliking Francis which would had been understandable if I had took the path where you’ll meet him. I played an unconventional character you see so the paths I took involves not meeting him very much. Just thought that was kinda weird.
This is more of a question than anything but what bugged me for the longest time since reading this is about the lore of the villains. Tell me if I just missed anything or if you already answered this previously, but why exactly would people wish to be a villain in CoCi? Considering what happened to Odium and the threat most villains posses, I still could not understand why registering as one is legal in then first place., shouldn’t it be outlawed to keep the citizens safe? Or were you already planning on revealing why on a future update? Cause I’d been kinda confused for the longest time about that.
This is now about characters. Personally, I don’t see why Nicholas was written like he was hateable. I honestly don’t see why. Once again, maybe it’s just me misreading stuff once again but is there a reasoning behind my child thinking he is weird besides that one time when we thought he left me while I was getting my emotions screwed by an empath .
That’s all I can think for now. Once again, really enjoyed it, and am very glad to see you back! Might try to join the Fan Art contest if I have the time. Anyways, I hope you continue enjoying writing! As I always say
Hello. Happy you liked it. Now, let’s see if I can answer your points:
- I am, most unfortunately, a pretty wordy writer. Or better, one who tries to pen down the path from A to B and all the foreshadowing therein. You might laugh, but what we have right now is already a revised version from a much longer longhand writing, after several elements have been shifted around.
And looking at the rough outlines it might become a pretty long thing, though mostly due to several intertwining story branched (mentioned somewhere above)
I’ll do my best to keep the pace consistent and engaging.
- Could you say at which point exactly? Maybe I just messed up a variable there. I tried to keep the kid neutral when you haven’t met Francis on day one, but I would not be surprised if I missed something.
- Ah, thanks for reminding me, I meant to clarify this in-game for a while now. I have already changed it to ‘you don’t register as a hero or villain’ but rather register to get training and a medical file. Sure, it might sound like a recipe for disaster, teaching powered individuals how to use their power best should they then decide on a villain’s path, but usually it seems to have the effect that people think twice about becoming villains. (Also there’s dozens of unregistered villains, like Naught’s father)
I’ll clarify how things work in a later update.
- Another item on my to-rewrite list. And a future update (not the coming one, maybe the one after) will change the parts to just being miffed at him.
Hope that answers the questions.
Thanks for the reply! Now for some clarifications:
The scene in question was after we met the reporter person (sorry, suck at names I’m gonna check later) , when he gave us that phone for my child from Francis . I can’t do screenshots for now sadly but if I recall my child reacted kinda irratated (based on how I read the descriptiin, I could be wrong since that scene is wedge near the middle to last part of the game) which I thought is kinda strange. I hope that helps!
Ah, thank you. I know which bit you mean. I’ll check later if I forgot a variable there, and if not, will make sure to revise the bit to make it more consistent.
Edit: turning things over in my head a bit I think i could have it to have mr prince explain about the registering…
It’s been a long while since I last saw this game and it’s developing nicely. I dig the parent-kid relationship, I love the array of choices we get (altho with phone in hand would’ve definitely explored that eery basement)
Just one typo that caught my eye
Can’t wait to see what more you have in store for us
With super names maybe Flytrap for plant based powers.
Cloner: Something with mitosis maybe
Thanks. Plants and sound I’m good with. And morpheus is a little too cliche xD
Edit: I got 98 of 202-20x names now
CODENAME SneakPeek. These are the names (so far) you’ll get as suggestions in the bonus (and the maingame) for your codename, and the names of existings heroes and villains.
(the names marked with * are thos of existing heroes/villains)
Power Spoilers Within
1. Aetherkinesis: (aether/reality warping) *Ethernal* Essence Cosmicon Singularity 2. Acidokinetic (acid) *Corrosive* The Drip Dissolute CrossOut 3. Aerokinetic (air) *Stormrider* Seraphym Downdraft Tailwind 4. Alcokinetic (alcohol) *Bacchanalia* Boozer Dipsology Fuddle 5. Atomkinetic (atoms/molecules) *The Architect* MoleCull Blue Flash Corium 6. Chlorokinetic (plants) *Bella Donna* *Rosebud* Dryad Florassaault Wallflower Orchard 7. Chronokinetic (time) *FreezeFrame* Timeskip The Chronophage Hourglass Deadline First of Never 8. Cibumkinetic (food) *Served* The Hunger Nibbles Banquet Prandial 9. Cuppediaekinetic (candy) *SweetCheeks* *Sugarcoat* HoneyCombs The Bellaria Bittersweet 10. Cryokinetic (ice) *Frostbite* Hypothermia Snowflake The Glacier 11. Elektrokinetic (electricity) *Powerhouse* High Voltage Golden Bolt Inductor 12. Fabrikinetic (fabric/thread) *La Mode* The Heddle LookBook Vogue Unravel 13. Ferrokinetic (metals) *Rust* The Metallist Forestone Alloyant 14. Haemokinetic (blood) *Pulse* *Scarlet Swan* CrimSin Siralu Anemia 15 Hyalokinetic (glass) *SliveredMirror* Puntilion Vitrage The Shard 16 Hydrokinetic (water) *DeepBlue *Turmoil* LowTide AnimoSeaty Diver 7 17. Keríkinetic (wax) *Dollmaker* Chandelier Seventh Seal Daedalus 18. Limuskinetic (slime) *Splatter* MuCuss Golden Snail Slick Trick 19. Miasmakinetic (gas) *Gaslight* The Gasmask Lachrymator Bad Air Day 20. Meteorokinetic (weather) *RainyDay* Eyewall 21. Nosokinetic (diseases) *Nurse Dolly* *Miss Eerie* 22. Oleokinetic (oil) *Slipp* 23. Palletakinetic (paint) *Butterfly* 24. Papyrokinetic (paper) *Pageturner* 25. Photokinetic (light) *Kaleydoscope* *Prestige* Splendid Illumine 26. Picturakinetic (pictures) *CelloPain* *SnapShot* Lightbox 27. Pyrokinetic (fire) *Heatstroke* Greek Fire HotSpot BurnOut 28. Sonokinetic (sound) *Cambiare* *Echo* Symphony Songbird Accord 29. Technokinetic (technology) *Circuit* *EMPeror* *Automatona* Clockwork Triode Protoboard 30. Terrakinetic (earth) *TerraFirma* *Ace Of Spades* Spelunker 31. Toxikinetic (poison) *DiaboliGal* *Jade Empress* 32. Typhokinetic (smoke) *Fog* The Smog HazeArd MistRess/Mist Master 33. Umbrakinetic (shadows) *Eclipse* *Naught* Penumbra Slinks 34. Vitakinetic (health) *ArchAngel* Patronage 35. Summoning: Animals *Edenic* *Madame Tarantula* Ark Aquerne 36. Summoning: Gravity *Vertigo* 37. Summoning: Weapons *Switchblade* *Artemis* The Armery Gunne Powdur Axecentric 38. Comakinetic (Hair) *Cocoon* *Lady Ariadne* 39. Limb-Detacher *Balljoint* Dr Disassamble Sprout 40. Stretcher *DemoLasher* Whiplash The Expansionist 41. Size-Changer Magnanimity 42. Morpher (turns into in-/semianimate objects) *Mimic* 43. Shapeshifter (turns into living beings) *MetaMorphia* Miss Conception 44. Flyer *Heron* 45. Speedster *Vivacity* 46. Bruiser (super strength) *Bearserker* Wallbreaker X-S KnockOut 47. Leaper (super jumps) *Nightsky* 48. Stronghold (super defense) *Champion* 49. cloner (short-lasting copies, same power level) *Substitute* Pluralize Manifold PileUp 50. splitter (long-lasting copies, getting weaker) *Myriad* *Synchronicity* Denarius Posse Skiver 51. teleporter *Scorn* Entrevoir Rubix 52. telepath *Renegade* Crossword 53. oneirokinetic (dreams) SweetDreams 54. puppeteer (controlling other beings) *Fearfuel* Charmante 55. somnokinetic (sleep) 56. hypnotist Spellbound 57. Empath Heartbreak SinPathy 58. puppetmaster (controlling constructs, requires line of sight) 59. animator (controlling autonomous constructs) Graverobber 60. telekinetic *Makeshift* OffChance 61. clairvoyant *The Seeress* 62. psychometrist (knowing a beings/items history by contact) 63. amplifier (boosting powers) 64. mimic (copying powers) *BlackBox* *DupliCat* MirrorImage 65. thief (stealing powers) Scavenger 66. synergist (using powers alongside someone) Equalize SynchUp HarmOnic 67. nullifier (nullifying powers) Impair Cancel Limiter
should be 120 of at least 202 now (not counting those already in use)
And in other news, I put down the outlines for the paths and how they influence each other. And which HAVE to influence each other for a different outcome.
Friends, I am honestly scared.
Update October 7th
- Finished Chapter 1, Act 5: The Fish in the Closet.
- There’s now a couple of name suggestions in the Bonus
- Altered a couple of variable names. If something looks fishy, quicktest didn’t catch it. Let me know.
- Altered the encounter with Mr Prince at APORIA
- Added new responses for sharing the story with Mrs Lane in Act 1.
- Removed miracle birth options. Science is amazing, but most unfortunately humans commonly still need an egg and sperm to make a baby.
- BlackBox will no longer attack with two attacks of the same kind if you play as villain in the Bonus.
- Several grammar, wording and other such fixes.
- Overhauled the subscene to change pronouns to make it flow smoother.
- Finish Chapter 1
- Begin Chapter 2
- Finish the APORIA guide, and the MC’s notes in the bonus.
To come (later):
- Grammar and spelling fixes, as well as settling on on type of english.
- Get cover art
- Get chapter/act title images
- Do a Q&A for the guide’s FAQ