Curious Cuisine (Superhero/Cooking)

I’m fine with that, since I am bad at naming things :laughing:

1 Like

Sure since Timeless is a integral part of CoCi.

3 Likes

Yeah i’m fine with keeping timeless!

1 Like

While I love the idea of names related to your main superpower, some of the names don’t make sense to me.

@Markel1970A can you give examples?

And We Have The Winners:

Gratulations to @Prism_Stars for the first place:

Getting your own full-fledged character into the story as NPC

And @Abe for the second place:

Getting to name a NPC and pick their powers

I will contact you with the details as soon as I’m getting near the point where your the characters would show up.

Thank you for participating :smiley:

9 Likes

Chapter 1 is doooooone.

Happy Thread anniversary! One year after starting this thread I am done with the first chapter (it’s in alpha testing atm).
about 125k words with code, not counting the bonus materials like the bonus chapter or the APORIA guide.

I’ll be focusing on the bonus chapter for now, because from ch2 on that one will become relevant in places.

So stay tuned for the next update.

17 Likes

I have to ask what will the choice to have the partner be dead effect? (I may have misinterpreted but it seemed to be the case with one of the choices.

A couple of things down the line.
Some alternate dialogue with certain characters for example

There is also the warning from the dead scene.

Speaking of the partner, i can’t wait for the kid’s POV. i really want to make Elliott (my kid!MC) have some kind of resentment towards his/her father while Yuri (my parent!MC) thinks of him highly.

1 Like

UPDATE:

Update (November 17 2018)

New:

• Finished Chapter 1, Act 6: A peculiar Party. This concludes the first chapter of the game.

Fixed/Changed:

• Fixed a couple of stats and statchecks
  • Fixed a coding error that prevented people with very peculiar powers to get name suggestions in the bonus.
  • Added the missing options to go back to the power list upon picking powers. (If i missed one, please let me now. There’s almost 70 of those buggers)
  • Added and changed a few variables.

Next Update:

• Finish the Bonus’ Intro and first chapter.
  • Complete the APORIA guide
  • Complete the Bonus Notes
  • Begin CH 2 of the main game.

As several things (variables, stats etc) have changed in the early acts, starting new is recommended.

Please report all bugs and typos you might find, and share your general thoughts.

Thank you

12 Likes

Uhm…should the parent powers counter be showing? i just saw one after the reveal of the food vendor/Heatstroke having pyrokinesis.

1 Like

Ah, fridge, i knew I forgot something
Lemme fix that

EDIT: Okay, fixed it. Thanks

Another counter appearance.

Uhmm...

Should this be here?

1 Like

Dx no.

Note to self: NEVER update before getting some sleep.
I’ll sleep a bit now and then fix this.

Edit: Should be fixed now

Wrong pronouns

Anyway, I really love the update! Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Mnnn… i’ll have to check what went wrong there.

Edit: @Ninja1 i checked and all looks fine on my end, both in code and in play-through.

Mhnn… did you load a save?

Yeah, I did. Sorry, I didn’t know loading a save could cause that :sweat_smile:

The pronouns are set in act3 now, so if you loaded a save from after that, it never set them. No worries

We have a tumblr now:
HERE

9 Likes