Curious Cuisine (Superhero/Cooking)

The pronoun hiccup is a leftover from the plainstory text I built everything on. I missed putting the variable there.

I like the suggestion and it should be easy to implement an additional choice to define how common powers were in your world and change stuff accourdingly. Thanks.

As for Starlight… Wait and see :wink:

3 Likes

Of course, I’m also interested in how the child reacts to getting superpowers if we’re from a world where they don’t exist. The parent would be all “Where did you get those superpowers all of a sudden!?’” and the child would be freaking out “Don’t look at me, I didn’t even know superpowers where a thing till we got here” :smile:

For ones from a superpowered world, superpowers would be a possibility. But for a child from a ‘normal world’ getting powers there, sounds like it’s from Cornucopia City itself. Plot related perhaps? :thinking: If it’s anything non-spoilery that you can share that is.

It will depend on the child’s Oddball/Straight Laced stat. If they’re a bit ‘weird’ they’ll it differently than otherwise.

As for how a child from the ‘normal’ world would get those… Two words: The Gloom

EDIT: Updated the game files.

• Pronouns and names should now be working correctly
  • Fixed tiny continuity error concerning Heatstroke
  • Edited some bits of dialogue
  • Added option to come from a world where superheroes exist, but are rare (There’s definite reports though (<- that bit of dialogue will appear when your know real superheroes. Talking about reports when they are common is not a continuity error. Dialogue is bound to change in later versions, however)

What to expect of the next big update:

• Meet more heroes, the mayor and CoCi’s top-notch historian.
  • Improve your cooking… by visiting the museum?
  • Acquire a café and spot a bizarre purple blob on the horizon
7 Likes

i have a weird suggestion so if the mc is a male have some kind of social stigma attached to them (just like the real world) like when bringing your son to the doctors office or parent teacher conferences and such like that.

That is on my to do list for what you’ll be able to say if you open your heart to someone later in the story. It’ll be one of the options when you are a single parent or took the kid and just left.

1 Like

I came across this, my mc is a male and i was called mom

If all goes well, we’ll both go and get us one," you promise and Kumiko grins at you.
“So, what do you think, Mom? What’s in the box?”
All you can do to answer is a shrug. “Money, perhaps,” you say. “But why the mysterious letter-placer didn’t put it in the envelope directly then is beyond me.” Kumiko ponders. “It’s really weird.”

I just had to do this

That one should have been fixed. Could you clear your cache and try again?

Edit: checked again, and all seems fine.

Found a couple of typos and punctuation hiccups, though I’ll fix with that with the next big update.

Also yeah, that’s exactly why that quote is there. Minor spoiler: when you finally get to the deposit box, there’ll be a bit where you can pick ‘my ex’s head’ if you have a high enough weird level when asked

EDIT 2: Fixed a few command errors and typos. added stuff to the to-do list and put the list into the first post

1 Like

Hi, sorry, I couldn’t resist.
gordon

I found an error here:

visitors

“…on most visitors.”

5 Likes

Oh my XD

Error noted. Gonna be fixed in the next update.

1 Like

I need some help right now, with two things:

1. The currently available scene and the upcoming one are mostly character, and thus stat building (for both, the parent and the kid)
    My problem now is that I am very unhappy with the stats I have.
    This is what they look like for the parent right now:
Parent Stats

Organized vs Scatterbrained
Currently affects how organized your character is, e.g. how effectively they can cook a more complex dish, how efficiently they can buy stuff, or how likely they are to forget something in a hurry

Pragmatic vs Imaginative
Basically a creativity stat. Affects how good a character is at coming up with new dishes/how to make the best out of the ingredients they have at hand.

Calm vs Hot-headed
How well you handle stress and insults, how easily you lash out on people

Rude vs Polite
How likely you are to harshly insult someone

Careful vs Rash
How careful you are when trying something, how likely you are to jump head-first into the fray

Nervous vs Relaxed
How easily you are rattled by things and how prone you are to stage fright

Curious vs Disinterested
How likely you’ll follow some interesting clue or rumor, how likely you are to not mind your own business

Right now I’m looking into combining and/or renaming some of these, but my mind is blanking.
The first two I could combine into a Conventional vs Unconventional stat, perhaps.

Kid Stats

Straight Laced vs Oddball
The creativity stat, doubling as how ‘weird’ the kid is. This will affect the choice of powers available and what the kid does with them

Timid vs Boisterous
How likely they are to speak their mind and to jump head first into the fray.

Rest is yet unnamed

The kid’s stats have mostly the same effects as the parent’s stats, as of now.

I’d like some input on what you think. Could/Should something be renamed, combined, thrown out entirely? Are you missing a specific kind of stat?

Now, the second issue is a bit easier (I hope)
I need some dishes.
I have a list here of what might find its way into the game, but I’d like some community input.
If you could say which of these four categories a dish falls into, it’d be a major help:

Sweet, Spicy, Savory, Soothing.

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you need help on stuff like this, I suggest the following: Cooking Channel
Type Sweet, Spicy, Savory, Soothing into the search box and it will give you a list of various dishes under that category … if you have a specific dish in mind, the site will tell you which it falls under.

1 Like

Oh, thanks :smiley: Though I’d really like some additional community input here, so maybe someone will rejoice at seeing their favorite dish on the game

3 Likes

Would you be interested in international dishes as well? If so I think I could have some to recommend.

4 Likes

of course.

In the next scene, you will be able to pick to either go to a restaurant that has some international soups as the daily special and german dishes as the weekly theme, an art exhibition on food in art from all across the world, or a hotel with an international menu.

So, yeah, international dishes are definitely going to be a thing.

2 Likes

Here are some brazilian recipes that could fit into these categories:

Feijoada = Spicy
Brigadeiro (dessert) = Sweet
Brazilian cheese bread (pão de queijo) = Savory I think?

Not sure what a soothing dish is, or I could try to recommend some.

8 Likes

I use ‘soothing’ in lack of a better term for food that is… well, mild might be a better term? Right now ‘coconut tomato’ soup is a ‘soothing’ dish you can get to up your stat there.

1 Like

Hmm I did google for soothing food, but I still don’t understand very well, I was never good with cooking though. From what I found it would be like foods to help with sore throat or stomach pains? lol

Mhnn… mild might really be a better term then adds it to notes But, yeah, that too in a way

I suggest combining the first two parent stats into Conventional /Unconventional. Where the Conventional characters have a more orderly kitchen, follow recipes as much as they can, buy only the ingredients on a list, etc. Unconventional characters, meanwhile, don’t bother much with rigid recipes, have kitchens that only they know how to safely navigate, they like to experiment with dishes and ingredients that people haven’t tried before, and cooks food in, well, unconventional ways like having their super friends flash freeze ice cream or cooking up some deep sea fish no one’s heard of, for example.

As for Calm/Hot-Headed and Nervous/Relaxed, I think a high Calm character would be Relaxed in almost any situation so I suggest combining them into a Serene or Serenity(?) stat. As to what the opposing stat should be, all I’ve got is Turbulent. I think something better exists for that.

Feel free to just take any useful info from the above, if any.

As for dishes, here are some Filipino ones:

(Creamy chicken) Sopas - soothing
Adobo - savory
Halo-halo (dessert) - sweet

5 Likes

Aww, the interaction at the end with the MC’s kid and Starlight was sweet

For soothing foods, I guess that would be like comfort food or something like that? (or I guess ‘comforting’ for an actual adjective) Mild just sounds like the non-spicy version for spicy food

I follow a few food channels on youtube. Only gonna link a few them since that would be just like… a lot links…

Mangchii Korean, probably mainly soothing, savory, and/or spicy
Cho’s Daily Cook Korean, mainly sweets and some savory dishes
Honeykki Korean, also mainly sweets with some savory dishes
Just One Cookbook Japanese, probably mostly soothing or savory
Cooking with Dog (The “host” was the cook’s pet dog Francis but he was really old and died last year. I miss him :cry:) Japanese, probably mainly soothing/savory and some sweet recipes
Laura Vitale Italian American, probably mostly soothing, savory, and sweet

7 Likes