Curious Cuisine (Superhero/Cooking)

Haggerty is now one of the judges. Thoughā€¦ mnnnā€¦ mnnhnnn >}

1 Like

GODS TAKE THEM!! My plans have been foiled again, must you hurt me so? How will I dazzle them and then rub it in their faces now? Back to schemingā€¦

You will see >:} trust me

Edit:

I shall try and finish ch1 with the next update, so it will take a while. :smiley:

2 Likes

Alright, went over my notes. Allow me to add the following to the list of what to expect next update:

• Expanding the description of food
  • Expanding/Overhauling the cafe visit.

The first chapter might easily reach 200k words with codeā€¦ wth

10 Likes

Now, as that will take quite a while, letā€™s do another Q&A, shall we?

1 Like

i know you have an age range for the parent in mind but is it ok to increase the other end of it? (my dad had me, who is the eldest, at thirty so he was in his mid-40s during my mid-teens)

I can see about it. Donā€™t want to have too big an age gap with some parent ROs.

Understandable. Does 45 sit well with you?

Iā€™m currently overhauling the NPCs ages (not the teenagers, theyā€™re fine):

Heatstroke : 33
Ian: 34
???: 44
???: 39
Lesley: 36-37
Haggerty: 45

so, yeah, 45 would fly

2 Likes

Would it be too much of a spoiler if you would reveal some snippets about Haggerty family?

From a potential path if romanced (TW: suicide, abuse, racism)

Fay takes a long draw on her cigarette, blowing smoke into the nightsky.
ā€œYou can talk, you know the 50s from movies,ā€ she suddenly blurts out, leaning on the railing.
You blink confused.
ā€œMovies, history books, all that watered down shit that remains, all that stupid nostalgia that tries to push everything bad under the carpet. Good thing thatā€™s stopping more and more. But youā€™ll neverā€¦ā€ she takes a draw from her cigarette again. ā€œDo you know when I was born? 1922. Yes, Iā€™m a slider. And the Lord above knows that was the first good thing to happen to me after my first husband died.ā€
You lean back, looking at her, and giving her a nod.
ā€œMarried when I was just 18. Mike was a blessing. Kind, caring, supportive. His dad had this big company Mike would inherit. I hit the motherlode. Mike went into war a month after we got married. Came home a broken man. PTSD and shit. But he was still the kindest soul you could imagine. Then his dad died, he got the company. Always told me he couldnā€™t do it without me. Always supported me and I supported him. We were what youā€™d call ā€˜ahead of our timeā€™. He was the best thing to happen to me. His only flaw was that he was blind to the assholes around him. Take everything bad you know about men in the 40s and 50s and there you go. They couldnā€™t stand the idea of a woman, especially one that had never had children, being as involved with a business as I was. Mike showed me the ins and outs of running the company. Oh, I did wonder why. Never out loud. Oh I should have. Oh Lord I should have.ā€
Fay chokes back a sob and you lay a hand on her back soothingly.
ā€œYou donā€™t have to tell me this if youā€™re not well with it,ā€ you say.
ā€œNo, no, itā€™s alright. I need this out, and you need to hear this. Iā€¦ Mike died in 1955. The war had eaten him away ever since he returned. Bit by bitā€¦ like water eats away a stone. I should have noticed.ā€
ā€œYou couldnā€™t.ā€
ā€œBut I should have. I should have spoken up when I felt something was wrong. But then it was too late. Mike was gone. And his colleagues blamed me. I blamed me. But thenā€¦ oh, Lordā€¦ Then we learned that Mike wanted me to run the company. He had taught me everything I needed to know and more. That was in 1956. I did it for him. Only real support I got was from Martha, his secretary. What a woman.ā€ Fay blushes a bit. ā€œMartha was as much a blessing as Mikeā€¦ but those were the 50s. She was black AND we were both women, AND I was running a company. Even without Martha around the latter would have been enough forā€¦ā€ Fay falls silent and stares out into the night. ā€œThings started to go awry at the company. I couldnā€™t prove those bastards did anythingā€¦ then around Christmas in 1959 ā€¦ Police never found Marthaā€¦ After that it was just ā€¦ terror. Couldnā€™t eat, couldnā€™t sleep. Took pills to manage the latterā€¦ and in 61ā€¦ took a few too manyā€¦ā€
Fay chuckles dryly, tears running down her cheeks. ā€œWoke up down in Harbor Park, some joggerā€™s found me in the snow. Still donā€™t know what to make of that. Got married again. Lasted a year. Car accident. Suddenly I was the head of a company again. But I wasnā€™t going to let history repeat itself. I wouldnā€™t let anyone pull me down ever again.ā€
She finally turns to face you. ā€œIā€™m sorry how Iā€™ve been to you. Iā€¦ā€
You just smile softly and a bit askew and gently pull her into a hug.

You stand like that for a while, Fayā€™s head on your shoulder, before you slowly part.
ā€œThank you for trusting in me enough to tell me this.ā€
Fay blinks at you, smiling a little, and you raise your glass towards the sky.
ā€œHereā€™s to us then. And to Martha and Mike, wherever they may be.ā€

4 Likes

So will there be diffrence between male and female Haggerty?

Also if Haggerty is born in 1922 how are they still alive/have youthful apparence?

Love the snippet btw

Haggerty is a ā€˜sliderā€™ in each case, someone who died elsewhen and got a second chance in the city. The difference will be that if Haggerty is male (frank) he and Mike werenā€™t married. Martha still exists in either version.

3 Likes

ā€¦now I feel bad for being snarky with Haggerty (and making them into a meme for personal amusement, because I love them already).
Ahh, itā€™s time I go cry over a character again, but I mean, I did not need my heart anyway, thank youā€¦

2 Likes

Haggertyā€™s romance path (and the connected story paths) will probably be the trickiest to write.

1 Like

Will there be drinks alongside food on the menu in the cafe section or will the focus be more on the food?

1 Like

Drinks might be a thing in 2 but not 1.
But if you are looking for a game with cocktails mixing, @Leem 's philomena has that.

1 Like

This is unique man, balancing life and superheroing never easy lol

2 Likes

Will we potentially be able to hire that one pyro or other applicable former/current supers as a option for our store or maybe do super ad campaigns?

1 Like

Heatstroke works mainly at APORIA, the food stall at the station is her helping out a friend.
But otherwise, I donā€™t have anything planned in that regardā€¦
Yet :wink: