Curious Cuisine (Superhero/Cooking)

Herzliches Beileid. Stay strong through those hard Times. I am normally not a big WIP Reader, due to my limited time. But I read in another thread that you want more Feedback, so I decided to take a Look at your Game. And it is awesome. I like your writing style very much. The story is really engaging, I have not finished it Set, but I will, and I will definetly buy the game once it is finished.
The Bielefeld joke was quite funny. The characters are unique and cool. I am already in love with Ian. :kissing_heart::grinning:

One minor incosistency I found, although I said mcs own and the family of mcs husband were nice, later text show all family as Bad.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone ;_;

@Kaelyn can you say where that happened?
At the party?

I think several times, I realized it Most after the Party, when the MC talked with the kid about the
ability to Cook in general

Dang.

Could you get screenshots maybe?

I’ll try to get it again in the next try. Then I post them
Just realized I had a save game short before, send it in the evening

1 Like

Thanks.
I’ll change it to “aunt gloria and her entourage” which would be true in any case.

Thank you. I completely overlooked that.

Did you find others?

Not yet, I am at Work atm :grinning:

So I’ve finally got a little time for a more in depth critique(more a praise I think)

First ( I normally deal with flaws and things I do not like later) after playing through two times, I found nothing that I did not like.

So I move over to the praise part(sometimes this should be detailed too).
I really like that every person you met has their flaws, it makes them so much alive. They feel like living persons and I feel for everyone of them.

Your style of writing draw me in from the first sentence. It makes you want to know more about what is going on.

I love the mix of fun puns and more merry scenes and the paranoid worldview the MC & the kid have. This paranoia got me totally, I started to think like them, what if this one is evil, that is a trap, and so on, marvelous.

Toast to the host: I love this one, that is a perfect way to get someones attention( in real life I would fail miserably, because my throw would miss^^)

I am quite curious what this Mr. Prince is about( his name reminded me of Sanyi from One Piece, so I like him, would totally explain the horrible flirting).

From my part of view( I am totally new to this) I think you did the inclusion of genders in a way, that even someone who does not know that much about it, gets to learn something, I really think that is great

On to some quegestions^^ (No need to answer questions or implant something I suggested, just a piece of my mind)

From reading the discussion here I take it, that our kid gets super powers always, and the MC maybe, is this maybe based on you have to decide about that, or that we get to choose or that we get it, based on our decisions in the game?

Do we get a part, where we really play the kid, or do we only influence them?

One last question. The word umlaute is directly based from german? Or should the english plural be formed with an s instead of the e in the restaurant scene where your kid picks their menue.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback x3

To answer the questions

1. Whether or not the paremt gets powers is determined by choices throughout the game. Usually when the parent is asked about what they think of powers, the choice influences a counter
  2. Starting with chapter 3, you will switch between kid and parent.
  3. I’m not certain. It might be both.
6 Likes

Found the other text, it was in the mayors Office.

In this playthrough, the Ex is dead and I chose to have a good relationship with both families. So it sounds weird that the relatives made our live hell.
Loved the scene with SnapShot at the museum. He’s cute

1 Like

Going to change it to “certain of our relatives”.
Thanks

Aunt Gloria is a $&*#!

3 Likes

Hi! (Your game is awesome).

Found a typo on the bonus story

Summary

1 Like

reported typos and hiccups fixed :smiley:

1 Like

Some more questions, sorry if anything had been asked before, I had not yet the time to read through all the posts here.

1. Do we get relationship stats with the Teenagers? Or is this just visible when we play as the kid? I would be interested in knowing if the maybe love or friends of my kid are okay with me.

2. Is the Two legged capybara achievement, based on stats or the answers I give at the Hairdresser? I got it even when I called Mr. Haggerty Out in his behaviour.

3. Should I be afraid that mr haggerty liked me most with 25%? :rofl:

1 Like
  1. I miiiight add it in for all. Right now it’s only a planned feature if the parent ends up a telepath.

2. I have to check through things again. It’s awarded for staying calm and ignoring haggerty.

3. Maybe.

3 Likes

I hope the parent getting super powers is due to wanting them, but I guess it would be quite funny if the opposite would be true :rofl:

1 Like

When I saw the option “I call my daughter something else entirely”…I called her “Admiral General Prime Minister Supreme Leader”

7 Likes

That’s adorable…
And showing that i might need to fix the length filter Dx

3 Likes

Decided I’ll see to finishing the next two act and the bonus’ first main act

6 Likes

We got our second contest entry :smiley:
thanks to @AdmirableAnimation for participating

1 Like

So after having played the different scenarios, I wanted to share another peace of mind. Just my opinion though no need to do anything about it^^

In comparison to all the other scenes, I found the one, where you return to hotel before heading to the cafe for the first time, quite short and a bit lifeless. Nothing wrong with it, though, I just like the other ones much better.

Another question is about La Mode, when we get to meat her at the hotel, fighting the Ponytail woman, we get 10% relationship( I assume it it for meating a char), when we meet her again we do not get any relationship points, neither do we get points with her for saving Francis, I guess she is quite reserved?

That was all for now, have a nice day, I really love this game, the characters are just so lively :star_struck:

1 Like