Curious Cuisine (Superhero/Cooking)

As a character, Mr. Prince…I don’t get mystery from him, just major creep vibes. I know some people like him, but to me he wasn’t very compelling. Maybe that will change as we get to see more of him.

Personally? Frank/Fay. Screw them, for real :unamused:

2 Likes

Since I had not the time to answer the first one, I will answer both in the same one^^
The characters I like most are:
From the parent RO: Ian and Mr. Prince
From the kids RO: Marcus and Izzy
From the cast itself: Dax

Who I dislike most : thats a difficult one, since I like almost every char, so that leaves this bully that runs into my kid at the mobile store(can’t remember the name at the moment) and of course because he is an bully^^. And til now La mode is a character I am not sure about, from what I read at the bonus, I seem to like her, from the game itself not that much

After all you did a really wonderful job to create believable characters, that seem to be alive.

4 Likes

Since i wasn’t able to answer the first question, i’ll try to answer both right now.

For most favorite character, i really like Dax and i really hope to interact with him (as the parent) more. i also enjoy having my kid!PC interact with Marcus.

For least favorite so far, Haggerty (sorry) and Willamine. First impressions last on me.

Overall, i’m really like the cast and i hope to see more of them soon.
(remind me to add more stuff on the TvTropes page for possible character).

3 Likes

I haven’t finished the demo yet but I like the jerk and Marcus.

3 Likes

Hmmm. I like people who are “weird” and have that “halo” of being intelligent despite the fact if it’s friendly or not. So because both of these factors I like the characters of Haggerty and Mr. Prince.
I usually don’t trust people who is too friendly so my leats favourites are Ian Rattray, but it is a good character and it feels right in the story. Francis is too egomaniac but again, it feets to the story.
There has to be every kind of characters (as it is right now) for the story goes right for us, your readers.
Sorry about my explanation, English it’s not my first neither second language and it’s not easy express all of my thoughts.

4 Likes

No worries, I got you :smiley:

2 Likes

English is my third language and I am not really good either. People here are mostly great and would help you so don’t be shy. I was terrible when I came here years ago. You are far better so please feel free to participate. :hugs: And ask anything you don’t understand

2 Likes

English is my third language and I am not really good either. People here are mostly great and would help you so don’t be shy. I was terrible when I came here years ago. You are far better so please feel free to participate. :hugs: And ask anything you don’t understand.

1 Like

Okay, I’m currently at a bit where the school’s uniform is described, and I have a hard tim deciding on the colors. I could randomize it from game to game, but, naw.

So, the uniform consist of a suit jacket, vest, trousers/skirt with overknee socks, and a tie.

Which color combo do you want:

• Sand, forest green, forest green, sand
  • slate grey, burgundy, burgundy, green/white
  • sand, purple/navy, navy, black
  • others

0 voters

3 Likes

And slate grey has won.

4 Likes

UPDATE

New:

• Chapter 2, Act 2: Reading Is Icential
  • APORIA guide (visitor’s edition) will now be unlocked in Ch2, Act 2 if you didn’t get it at APORIA before.

Fixed/Changed:

• Overhauled stat distribution throughout the game.
  • Added various new variables.
  • Added a bit more interaction when you stay at the hotel on Day 2.
  • Overhauled the cafe scene, removed getting into the house from the back.
  • You can now order piña colada.

Note: I changed the save-game handle, so you’ll have to start a game from scratch. (Which would be recommended anyway, seeing how much was changed in terms of stats and variables)

Average Play Through:

• MainGame: 52k words (125k with code)

If you find any left-over brackets from closed testing, let me know. Thanks

This update contains a special treat of Heroes Rise Readers

17 Likes

YEEEEES!!! :sob::sob::sob: I’m going to read it right now! :sparkling_heart: Sure it’s a good update!

(I edit because I can’t write another one 'cause I alredy have two comments, one should be deleted)

OMG!! I’m very hyped (?) with this book. Even with just one act added it’s still on the line; good-funny-mysterious story and it’s well written. I really love the relationship with the Mc and the kid.

I’ve wished there was this option when they buy ice cream and found themselves with Mr. Prince: “Kid, go over there and buy more ice cream. -The kid is very hostil with him” :rofl:
And well, there’s something in the new act that made me think that my suspicions about Mr. Prince are on the right path, but we’ll see :blush:

2 Likes

Happy you like it <3
I can look into adding such option if I can think of a good flow.

But now for something serious. Need to go slightly offtopic:

My comp is kicking the bucket, by now keeping me from doing some basic stuff, including writing (keys not responding anymore etc, browser not connecting etc).

In short, I’m in dire need of a new comp but am lacking funds.
I don’t want to beg, but if you have money to spare, I can give you my paypal/kofi and the tipeee above allows for 1time donations.

Sorry.

3 Likes

Hope that everyone, who can, help you for the need of a new comp. Good luck! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Submission Deadline for the cameo fanart contest is almost upon us.

:3 Thanks to everyone who joined so far.

1 Like

Surprise fourth entry. nice :smiley:

3 Likes

heya, longtime player here. love your game and writing style overall and was really happy when you decided to continue it. a small thing to report: my mcs met trudie in the training room in aporia but later the parent asked the kid who trudie was despite recognizing her when she rushed over.

also i noticed a few stat change notifications in the new chapter despite not seeing em in other chapters. are they placeholder?

Ah, something might have gone sideways with trudie there, i’ll check and fix it asap.

As for the stat change bits: those are left overs from the alpha testing which i somehow missed

Do you have screenshots?

Edit: found the issue with Trudie. Forgot a ! At the qualifier.
Thanks for noticing

Edit 2
Found the brackets too. Note to self: have A/N in there to find them

yeah its easy to lose track of stuff in projects like these. i snooped in the code a bit if you don’t mind and i gotta say you’re makin’ an absolute labyrinth of a game. you’re doing an admirable job managing all this stuff. kudos to ya!

i’d be glad to help in even the smallest way possible. by brackets did ya mean the stat notifications? i did get a screenshot of one. should i post?

3 Likes

Got them by now. Thanks.
Will fix tomorrow.

And if you think it’s a labyrinth now, wait till we get to the storylines

2 Likes