Curious Cuisine (Superhero/Cooking)

i’m still devising on how to divide the possible character pages. i might go with folders and then switch to multi-pages when we get more into the game.

EDIT:

Possible Format: @MeltingPenguins, is this ok with you?

Main Story
Parent Protagonist
Child Protagonist
General NPCs
NPCs inclusive to the Parent Plotline
NPCs inclusive to the Child Plotline

Bonus Story
Powered Protagonist
Heroes
Villains

3 Likes

looks very good :smiley:

(adding in trudie’s grandma and Odium on the list now)

Also people, Heads up:

ch 2 act 1 is at 5k something with words now, I’ve just introduced Fern proper. Bonus Intro is done but for one bit I’ll see to later today.

And as it is friday: make your nominations for the next mini bio

3 Likes

I tried to play through the main story and it is wonderful! But there was a weird bug where after a while my saves took me to my stat screen and when I exited it just took me to another part of my stats screen in an endless loop which was frustrating, but I really enjoyed the game so far!

That’s a known bug with dashingdon, unfortunately.

two things can cause it:

1. you saved on the stats screen
  2. the author uploaded a new version of the scene you’ve been on.

I think the latter is more common, so, my apologies. (it doesn’t always happen though. usually a new scene version will just bring you to the start of the scene. but iirc if page_breaks etc are altered this can happen)

1 Like

Oh RIP.

Guess I’ll just have to play through it again some time. It’s a good game, I don’t mind <3

1 Like

And this is just the first chapter. i can’t wait to see more.

Btw, how many chapters are you planning for the main story? i remember that the Bonus has 5 (tentatively).

1 Like

Planned through are 4 for the main atm and i wager it’ll be around 10 total.

Bonus… i dunno

1 Like

Yo ho ho, i seem to have missed alot, who is this Fern person. Better start crackin on the game after finals.

1 Like

Welcome back :smiley:
Fern is Lady Ariadne, the girl sparring with Starlight at the station. She’s the daughter of Madame Tarantula and DemoLasher, and a hair-manipulator. :3

Also: voting time (next bio on tuesday)

• Makeshift
  • Powerhouse
  • La Mode
  • Winnifred
  • Bacchanalia
0 voters
2 Likes

Also, thanks to @Abe we now have an entry on TvTropes :smiley:

3 Likes

Unexpected tie between Bacchanalia and Powerhouse… oh my

1 Like

So winner will be determined by coin toss or will both of them be?

1 Like

Yey! More info for the page!!!

Also feel free to do what goes right by you.

1 Like

TW: Abuse for this one. (Also spoilers)

Powerhouse & Bacchanalia
  • Name: Joshua St John
  • Codename: Powerhouse
  • DoB: ???
  • Race: white
  • Hair: light brown if grown out, but he keeps his head shaved
  • Eyes: green/brown (right), electricity (left)
  • Height: 6’1
  • FaceClaim: ?
  • Costume: Gold and black bodysuit with silver piping, no mask.
  • Chimeran: Energy-Chimeran (electricity). Left eye and right arm are pure electricity.

There’s not much known about Powerhouse before the events of Nightfall.

He’s always been regarded as overly pessimistic, snarky and quite a bit of a loner. He is, however, very full of himself and his ego is one of the best ways to get him to cooperate.

He delights in being a hero (as snarky as he is), but tends to overwork himself, especially once children are involved. There might be something in his past (that Switchblade and Kaleydoscope knew about) that’s the reason for this.

He was also one of the main reason for the CHIPPER (CHImeran and Powered People Equity Regulation), which finally prohibited employers etc from putting Powered Individuals (especially Chimerans) at any form of disadvantage.

It might have been that CHIPPER caught on faster than some other laws of similar nature One due to CoCi’s very nature, and Two, who would genuinely want to mess with someone who can turn one’s organs inside out, acting as if oneself is by nature superior? (Unfortunately, there have been and are people who… don’t have much common sense or human decency… but they’re getting fewer)

Powerhouse retired after Nightfall, settling down to become an electrician (St John Electrics), but he keeps a wary eye on Switchblade, who went to work at the newly founded APORIA.

Rumors have it that he turned to the EMPeror to help him with his right arm, which was turning more and more into uncontrollable electricity.

• Name: Chloe Fairchild
  • Codename: Bacchanalia
  • DoB: ???
  • Race: white
  • Hair: blonde
  • Eyes: gray
  • Height: 5’4
  • FaceClaim: ???
  • Costume: Gray hooded cape, domino mask.

Bacchanalia was one of the youngest Powered Individuals fighting at Nightfall. She’s been a shy and quiet young girl with the bizarre power of conjuring and manipulating alcohol (she never liked that).

She tried to prove herself as a hero, but vanished before the final battle.

It’s not clear what exactly became of her, but given the circumstances of her disappearance she might have willingly joined Odium.

She was said to be easily influenced by others, so many do believe in that theory.

Digging deeper into her history afterwards revealed that she had come from a quite unhappy home and had caused her parents’ (mother and stepfather) deaths through alcohol poisoning.

Her biological father is working hard on redeeming her name.

5 Likes

HeadsUp:

Ch2 Act 1 is coming along well. The next update won’t hit before the new year, but these are som things I’ll try to have it bring:

• Updated and (hopefully) more balanced stats
  • fixed formatting (aka no long scrolling on mobile)
  • Finished Bonus Prologue and (hopefully) the first battle
  • Finished ch2 act1 and the beginning of act2 (plus cooking show mechanics)

Also, no new bio this monday, but if you like we can do a little Q&A session over the weekend.

4 Likes

/does finger guns/ You know i’m gonna say ‘yes’ for a multitude of reasons.

1 Like

Post your Questions, people. I’ll collect the answers in this post

1. Can we romance any villians and if so which ones?
    You can romance the EMPeror and Automatona, if you manage to unlock their paths. I am toying with the idea of adding Scorn (Naught’s dad) to the list, but there’s already a lot of ROs

2. Was there any characters that you has the hardest time coming up with?
    Coming up with? no. Fleshing them out and forming them to what they are now? yes. Especially for Francis, Izzy, FreezeFrame and Haggerty. Francis was much more of a douche with a different motivation, Izzy was a pessimistic deadpan snarker (they’re still snarky at times), Haggerty was much cruder and meant to be a contestant on the show, and FreezeFrame was similar much colder (hah!) and more stoic.

3. Since both the Child and Parent can have superpowers, will they have the choice to be superheroes/villains?
    Not in the game as such by the end of the sequel, they might be musing about where to go from where they ended up after everything, but there will be no active hero/villain stuff in the games… Though maybe… i could write bonus missions IAPs…

4. Since we have food involved, can you tell us the favorite food of some of your characters?
    Admittedly I haven’t put much thought into that, but I’ll come back to it :smiley:

5. What are your most and least favorite parts to write? (Both story and code)
    Most: Bits with banter and the little blink and you miss it bits, whether they are cameos, shout-outs or plotstuff
    Least: Remembering to put page_breaks and choices into the story. sometimes i’m so in the flow that I outright forget that the latter’s ought to be there. and then comes the trouble of making good ones.

6. If you get to be a character in your story, what power would you wield? Would you also be a normal human or a chimeran?
    Normal human, probably… likely umbrakinetic

4 Likes

Since both the Child and Parent can have superpowers, will they have the choice in the game to be superheroes/villains?

Since we have food involved, can you tell us the favorite food/drinks of some of them?

2 Likes
  1. Not in the game as such by the end of the sequel, they might be musing about where to go from where they ended up after everything, but there will be no active hero/villain stuff in the games… Though maybe… i could write bonus missions IAPs…

2. Admittedly I haven’t put much thought into that, but I’ll come back to it :smiley:

1 Like

It’s fine and yes, you can include whoever you like oops. sorry

What are your most and least favorite parts to write? (Both story and code)

If you get to be a character in your story, what power would you wield? Would you also be a normal human or a chimeran?

1 Like