Curious Cuisine (Superhero/Cooking)

This sounds weird

1 Like

Thanks. Noted. Iā€™ll fix it with the big update :3

1 Like

In this case? Itā€™s referencing Cumberbatch

2 Likes

Just wanted to say how freaking awesome this story is so far! And Iā€™m already emotionally invested into the story and characters.

3 Likes

FunQuestion:

What do you people think The Gloom is like? (Look, feel, stuff that can happen there)

2 Likes

I imagine it something like the Nothing from the Neverending Story. The Gloom sounds as scary as it. :confounded:

1 Like

A wall of dark clouds, forming a circle around the area with a heavy storm inside

1 Like

What if I tell you The Gloom can be entered? What would you expect to encounter

I would expect a desolated land surounded by never ending purple storm

4 Likes

With a huge and ominous building inside

2 Likes

And prob bunch of lovecraftian looking creatures roaming around

1 Like

I imagine a storm, yeah. Kinda like the thing in Choice of Rebels, that deforms people. Forget what itā€™s called though :sweat_smile: because that game is hard and it stresses me out

1 Like

Niiice ideas =D
And only few close to it :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure what itā€™d look like, but I would expect the x-files theme to always be subtly playing in the background.

But on a more serious note, Iā€™d expect to see MC Escher-esque sort of subtly impossible environments, maybe. Probably with ample fog.

3 Likes

A place in a constant state of fog with a constant light pressure on my head as things of our darkest pits of our mind leek out to torment us and the world alike here.

The place sounds like it is powered by those that enters it.
Anything here is our fears, depression and apathy made manifest into the real.( in theory)

Edit: or a place filled with a certain PokĆ©monā€¦:smirk:

2 Likes

Maybe itā€™s like Shadowfell (or Shadow Realm) from Dungeons and Dragons, in feeling at least.As for looks, Iā€™d wager the changes from how it was before are subtle enough to play with oneā€™s head and instill a feeling of wrongness.

Summary

One description is
ā€œIt is the toxic plane of darkness and power.
It is the hidden place that hates the light.
It is the frontier of worlds unknownā€

And another from the wiki page
ā€œThe most striking and immediate impression a visitor to the Plane of Shadow experienced was the lack of color and light; no sun, moon, or stars adorned the vault of the inky black sky, and all things looked as if the color had leeched outā€¦ā€

Or weā€™re all reading too much into it and itā€™s not such a bad place after all (eternal optimist)

2 Likes

Green ruins, in the desolate walls of antique palaces, where Man hath been

Just kidding.

I imagine it having an atmosphere like a ghost town. Everything still in place, remains of what was there before the Gloom enveloped it, but with the experience of being in a sensory deprivation room. :')

4 Likes

What does it actually look like?

1 Like

For me, The Gloom looks like that odd dark patch. The weather is a consistent dark sides compared to the ever changing weather to CoCi.

The inhabitants may look more like this: Fears
(Image Credit: Fears by modmad from her comic, The Property of Hate)

2 Likes

Some said by now is pretty spot on :smiley: nice. Wish me luck to pull it off XD

1 Like