Curious Cuisine (Superhero/Cooking)

This game got me very interested so fast. You’re doing a great job :slight_smile:
I loved the idea of a parent MC and that you can control the kid, you don’t see a parent MC in most cyoas around here. What age would the kid be?

1 Like

Either 15, 16, or 17 (you choose).

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

As for the age:
What Isabella said.
The age will have a couple of effects down the line, such as how people react to the kid.

1 Like

Yup, ‘they’ has been used in English to refer to a single person already in the 14th century. :relaxed: (Such as Shakespeare and in Cursor Mundi (e.g. row 62), which uses þer, it being Middle English.)

English is fascinating, as is language history as a whole.

Stuff has happened, so I’m putting things on hiatus again.
Sorry.

7 Likes

Ahh…sad to hear that, hope things get better soon!

Doubt it this time.
Sorry

Good luck, we understand. :blush:

2 Likes

It’s alright. Take your time.

Thanks to all.
This might seriously take a bit longer than last time ._.

Though if anyone has questions/feedback, go ahead and ask. I’ll try.

7 Likes

Been in such a place where it all looks bleak, so please do take all the time you need. We’ll be here, eagerly yet patiently waiting for some more delicious cuisine. :relaxed:

5 Likes

I’ll make a note of this, and once possible I can rework things.

EDIT: Alright, alternate scene (code) below.

Summary

The man chuckles. “Neither did I, $!{parent_address} $!{lastname} @{(gf_parent = “true”) . It was $!{parent_address}, today, correct?”| ."}
*line_break
“Yes.”
*line_break
“Nicholas Prince.” the man introduces himself, sweeping a light bow. “I hope your day’s been going well? Did everything work out as it should with the keys?”
*line_break
“You seem interested in the cafe, Mr Prince,” you say, brow quirked. “Very interested.”
*line_break
Mr Prince laughs. “What can I say? The old thing holds a special place in my heart.”
*line_break
Oh, hold on a second… when did you… how did he…

You glance towards ${kid_firstname}, who’s looking at you rather disturbed, mouthing ‘Let’s move’.
*line_break
You nod at ${kidthem} carefully.
*line_break
“Is something the matter?” Mr Prince asks, noticing your look.

I could go and alter the bit in the technology exhibit too

1 Like

Wow. That was HIGHLY entertaining. Hats off! Awesome dialogue, great choices, and very humorous. I think the genre blending is genius!

1 Like

I’m being sorta back on track.
Currently writing the last two possibilities at the museum (featuring Marcus and Starlight), and fiddling with the code for the cooking contest.

So: any more q&a questions?
Faceclaims? Comments so far :slight_smile:

7 Likes

No I don’t, but while looking for faceclaims I looked up “teenage redheads” and I would NOT recommend that.

So, anyway… :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Oh dear.

Well… i can as well reveal who is the faceclaim for my “placeholder” MC while writing:

1 Like

Fanart? Yay or nay?

i also don’t know why i want some of possible background characters to be named after edible things. (i blame Gourmet Hound for this urge.)

Fanart is always yay =D
(As for the second thing… with all the puns and innuendoes in the game… might that be too much? What d’ye people think?)

2 Likes

That’s true. You did mention that you have some references and shout-outs planned out. i can’t wait to see them!

(you did mention Sergi before so we’re going to see a heroes rise reference?)

yep. In fact there already are some. There’s also several CCH and Hero Unmasked ones alongside refs and shoutouts to tv shows etc.

1 Like