[CSIDE] The ChoiceScript IDE (v1.3.3 Now Available — 05/09/2022)

is there a way to bring back the closed project I accidentally clicked it while I was testing

How do you mean? If you collapsed it, just click the “eye” icon. If you closed it (hard to do with a single misclick), then just reopen it via the “folder” icon.

it just gone, i keep looking for it but I can’t find the project. it froze while I was clicking on test rand but inseat of clicking on it it clicked on close project.

So click the button with a folder icon in the top left and navigate to where the project lives on the file system (if you created it via CSIDE and haven’t changed the defaults it’ll be in documents/Choicescript Projects/projectname) and open one or more of its files.

2 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH I find it :sob:

1 Like

Sorry if this has been answer already, but 1200+ messages was a lot to look through lol

Anyways, can CSIDE support create_array? I’ve been having trouble using it in my project

1 Like

I should really move it to stable…

2 Likes

Hey folks,

I recently pushed some changes to the Dropbox integrated versions of CSIDE:

In theory you - as an end user - shouldn’t see much (if any) change, but as a heads up, please do let me know if you see any strange behaviour, particularly around authentication and integration with Dropbox.

Happy scripting!

6 Likes

Love this little tool. Looking forward to trying this version tonight.

2 Likes

Works great! Do have the issue tho that it says I have no scene existing despite everything seeming alright. Cant seem to figure it out.

I’m going to need a little more information than that. When does it say this? And what is the scene in question?

Sorry, it fixed itself somehow by just deleting and remaking the folder. Apologies for the worry

1 Like

Crowd Source Question: If there was one thing about CSIDE’s UI that you could change tomorrow, what would it be?

I really like the UI. The only thing I can think of is when you run CSIDE in dark mode it would be nice if testing was also done in dark mode when you ran your project. The bright white hurts my eyes every time.

On a totally different note, I had a question. I don’t know if it was asked before. Nevermind I figured it out!

3 Likes

Great suggestion! Thanks :blush:

I think I remember suggesting global project search, at one point. It’s the main thing I still use Notepad++ for.

1 Like

It exists in the latest beta versions! Let me know if you’d like to try them out. :slight_smile:

Ooh! I love everything about CSIDE, -insert another thankyouforallthatyoudo!- but one thing I have been craving as my project gets longer is the ability to group scenes and collapse them, either within a folder or under a label, but all within the same project. If it would be possible. :smiley:

hi guys, sorry to asks this here because I think here is the right place for these kind of questions,

how to format our text file to have same exact display as in CSIDE?

my office banned CSIDE I can’t open it while working, so I want to at least able to read and plan ahead my codes at the office before implementing it later at home, thank you

I realise I’m replying to an absolutely ancient post here, but I was just searching for how to use *script with CSIDE and I really don’t agree with this answer. The “official” stance may be to discourage the use of *script and other edits to the engine (such as to style.css), but nevertheless there are multiple published games that do these things.

In just the few minutes I spent researching this, I discovered Choice of Magics uses *script, Fallen Hero edits style.css, and I’m sure there are other games I could find that do these things, if I really wanted to put the effort in to dig through their code. I think if there are published games using these features, it’s only fair to give us access to the same tools as well, no? Even if it means there could be difficulties publishing, I’d expect an IDE to support, at minimum, everything you can do with a text editor and more.

Apologies if this post comes across as rude, I just find it frustrating that CSIDE arbitrarily does not support these longstanding, built-in features, when in every other aspect of development, it’s so much more powerful than using a plain text editor. My experience with CSIDE has otherwise been very positive.