[CSIDE] The ChoiceScript IDE (v1.3.3 Now Available — 05/09/2022)

This:

Left is current and right side is the new one.

Asked a friend if he could fork version for old one and make these code colors are customizable. ^^‘’

4 Likes

They certainly will be customizable. Although timescales are difficult with just me working on it my free time. Most of the support is there I believe, it just needs polishing.

2 Likes

Just got the chance to do this, and for some reason it does indeed scroll regularly in Firefox, so it is a google chrome thing on my end!

3 Likes

Glad to hear it can be worked around. It’s still odd though. Do let me know if you work out a reliable way to reproduce the behaviour in Chrome…

1 Like

Hello, is there a command to view the value of all variables on the IDE at any point in the story while debugging? I’m trying to see the highest and lowest possible stats to enable me balance checks better.

Try the console: https://choicescriptide.github.io/help/ (Advanced Topics → Console).

Specifically I think you’ll benefit from the ability to enter any variable to get its value back and Tracking commands, which will log any changes to chosen variables.

There may be other, more specific tools dotted around the forum that do exactly what you want automatically though (I recall seeing something similar, but wouldn’t know exactly where to point you).

1 Like

Started learning ChoiceScript recently and I’ve been using the web version of CSIDE. It’s a great tool, huge thanks for all your hard work on it!

I was wondering, would it possible to add a toggle option to the settings for automatically dismissing errors on subsequent runs? So the process would go something like this:

1. you run the project
  2. it hits an error
  3. the error gets logged and highlighted
  4. you fix the error
  5. you re-run the project
  6. the error gets cleared from the log
  7. if there’s any new errors, they get logged and highlighted

I find myself constantly fixing errors and then in order to remove the highlighting, I have to manually dismiss them from the log. It would be nice to have that done for me!

The next major update will include an enhanced issue tab, I’ll be sure to consider this as part of that implementation :slight_smile:

Thank you for your feedback!

2 Likes

I’m having trouble with saving the current project in my Laptop

The error I’m getting is that it will just remain in the Choicescript IDE and I am not able to find a way to save it !

do you get any error messages which might be helpful?

Yes, we’re going to need a little more information than that. Are you using the browser version of CSIDE or the desktop version? If it’s the latter, what operating system are you using? If it’s the former, what web browser?

Specific error messages or screenshots are very helpful.

Hello, I downloaded the app days ago but for some reason whenever I try to update it, I get an error message (both from the stable and latest channel)

here’s the screenshot
SS

I’ve sent you a PM.

Hi! I get the same Error message. What do I do now?

I’ve added you to the PM.

v1.3.3 Release Now Available (Latest, Development, Web)

Patch release. Upgrades ChoiceScript providing support for the new ‘create_array’ and ‘temp_array’ commands (New in ChoiceScript: *create_array, *temp_array commands, *page_break_advertisement).

Changes

• Upgrades ChoiceScript

This release is immediately available for the desktop versions of CSIDE via the ‘Latest’ or ‘Development’ update channels, and for the web version at ChoiceScript IDE.

Want to Help? You can contribute by…

Joining the Discussion on Discord

Trying Out Nightly Builds

https://choicescriptide.github.io/web/nightly

Raising Bugs or New Feature Requests

Either here or on Github.

11 Likes

Thanks for the update! Is there any way to get an option for the old vertical indents (on web specifically)?

I’m not sure I follow? The “nightly” builds will contain the upgraded text editor, so will have different (but immeasurably better) indent guides.

The production web version hasn’t had any changes on this front, so you should still be able to see the original guides as normal.

Huh. I assumed it was intentional but maybe not? They look like this for me:

I think the guidelines in the current version of CSIDE have always been horizontal?

Feel free to try out the nightly version(s) using the link above. That has proper guides (amongst a whole host of other improvements).