[CSIDE] The ChoiceScript IDE (v1.3.0 Now Available — 18/06/2019)

In my project, I have a scene that has one line of code in the scene: “*ending”; however, I am receiving the following error when I run quicktest:

chapter4
executing
QUICKTEST FAILED
ERROR: couldn’t open .txt

Do you know what could be causing this? (Randomtest works though)

Edit: And I have an error for this: *selectable_if (x > 5) # …

RANDOMTEST FAILED: Error: scene line 16: Non-existent command ‘selectable_if’

Triple check the file names and what you have listed in the code for call outs and gotos.

No, but then I also doubt these are CSIDE related issues. Have you tried the Randomtest.html/Quicktest.html that come in the ChoiceScript zip? If they pass, and CSIDE fails, then it’s probably an issue with CSIDE. As it stands, this sounds more like a ChoiceScript quirk to me.

Hi.
I’m having a problem with CSIDE recognising the scenes in my project.
The scenes are clearly named in the *scenes_list in the startup file, but im getting the error:
Couldn’t load scene ‘name’ The file doesn’t exist

So, I moved my games out of the master folder, deleted the ChoiceScript folder, unzipped it from my backup master zip file, moved the one game on which I am working into the folder, and tried again. I still had the same problem, so I tried the Randomtest.html and Quicktest.html. When I did the randomtest, it asked me to upload the files and check off a few options. After pressing the “Start Randomtest” button, the screen went blank. It didn’t happen. When I did the Quicktest.html, it just pulled up a screen with the words “Loading…” without it ever loading anything.

Hi.
I’m having a problem with CSIDE recognising the scenes in my project.
The scenes are clearly named in the *scenes_list in the startup file, but im getting the error:
Couldn’t load scene ‘name’ The file doesn’t exist

Are the scenes all in lowercase? They won’t work in uppercase. All scenes and variables must be written in lowercase.

Yeah, they’re in lower case @RileyRock-pen

If you could both zip up your projects and send them to me via PM, I can investigate further.

1 Like

Tried to send you the Zip file as a PM on here, but it doesn’t accept zip files…
I might be doing something wrong so :confused:

Yeah. You’ll have to use some other service: Dropbox, Google drive etc.

This is new? I got this when trying to run a project in CSIDE. I ran the exact same files last night, and they were fine. I uploaded the same files to Dashingdon and they are running just fine. It’s strange to me because I’m not getting any more of a detailed error message, or anything. I will check the files in the file browser, just in case.

That is strange indeed. This is in the run tab? Could you try closing and re-opening the project (save first!)?

Restarting CSIDE fixed it, but before that I couldn’t run or test the game. Now it’s fine. I’m scratching my head, I’ve never run into something like this before.

2 Likes

If you run in to it again, see if you can retrace your ‘steps’, and let me know how to reproduce it.

2 Likes

@CJW Can you establish a command for *sm_init save plugin for Dashingdon?