Crimson Reapers (Kinda dead/on Hiatus)

When everyone know about these things and im just sitting here like

Meme

Oh, you need to know more aboutā€¦

Your ā€œbirdsā€ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:cloud: :cloud: :airplane: :rocket: :boom:

Nice, Iā€™ve always wanted to see a Fighter craft based interactive fiction. Iā€™ll be one of those crazy people who help out when ever possible and more than likely be quick to buy the book/game upon its completion and release! I love these types of storiesā€¦

2 Likes

You forgot to add the Eurofighter Typhoon. :wink:

Canā€™t believe I missed this cause at one time a harboured my own dreams of becoming a fighter pilot and air-force officer.

Buzzing the control tower is nothing, nothing. Flying upside down through an old cattle barn just off the base. Now thatā€™s a stunt. That apparently got the pilot responsible for it grounded for months and that was in the notoriously more lenient 70ā€™s and the guy who flew it as close as you can possibly come to H.M Murdock in real-life. :grin:

So have I.

3 Likes

O_O how can Iā€¦ Itā€™s too late though :pensive:

1 Like

Are you the (co)author of this thing, or just the one who made the poll though.

1 Like

Nah, I donā€™t involve in anything :grin: it just that why I just notice the beauty of Eurofighter when @deznutes probably already closed for suggestions? :sob: manā€¦ that one is awesome

1 Like

Wait we were born in Ahzlovakia, yet somehow we become a Lorean pilot? Is this a bug or did the mcā€™s family emigrate (shortly) after their birth or something?

Ahhhh. How could I forget the Eurofighter?! I was planning to add the second-most voted aircraft, but thisā€¦ changes things.

Thatā€™s an error. Can you point out where you found that?

Here you go:

You have been rushed through flight school, with the legendary Lorean Air Force, led by itā€™s mythic 923rd squadron, shooting down Ahzlovikan and Entherian planes at an astonishing rate in a fierce battle for the skies.

Sidenote can anyone instruct me on how to make expanding/collapsible text-boxes in this forum?

So these three fictional countries, do they take the place of the Central Asian ones, since all of the planes are from the real world too? Or is the fictional world simply a bit larger and do they get their own continent?

Oh, thats an error in context, on my part. My Bad! The paragraph is supposed to convey that the Lorean airforce had shot down so many Ahzlovokian planes that your PC was rushed through flight school, due to the lack of pilots. That scene is being changed for the update tomorrow.

I was just about to comment on how that paragraph was poorly worded and confusing as heck too, well no need now. :grinning:

Ouch! Ahzlovokia must be quite the wealthy nation then cause modern planes are damned expensive (modern pilots too for that matter, which is why they want to replace them all with drones. :crying_cat_face: ) and far from the assembly line rush jobs of WWII and the Korean war.

1 Like
'cuz image explains better.

Wait, what!?
Where do they mentioned this? No ace can be replaced by computer!

1 Like

I agree with you, but,
Our glorious minister of defense implied she saw it as a ā€œpossible legitimate path forwardā€ in response to some parliamentary questions about the military budget. Nothing that will concern you in the US, but it does make me sad, yes.

Also for now, theyā€™re not so much replaced by computer as by desk jockey gamers piloting the drones from thousands of kilometres away.

1 Like

Oh, and here I thought weā€™re talking about the WIP itself :sweat_smile:

This sounds like the plot of Stealth.

(Do not watch this, it is bad and another Hollywood movie depicting a rogue and evil AI.)

If you do, watch it for the F/A-37 moments

Well as far as the WIP is concerned Iā€™m still wondering just how wealthy this fictional country is to be able to sustain such grievous air-force losses of modern planes and trained pilots.

Summary

The Eurofighter looking cute here:

We might be using antiquated training planes instead of brand new planes. I doubt we would initially get our hands on an F-22.

I would be curious how you can build an ā€œAcesā€ plane progression in a ā€œrealā€ world setting.

Too bad, Iā€™ve watched it :smiling_imp:
Although I was about 13 at that time and I donā€™t understand whatā€™s happening on the movie.

Just an AI piloted-aircraft, got zapped by lightning blah blah, gain sentience, downloaded all music on the internet, and ships the male and female protagonist by sacrificing itself, IIRC. :thinking:

Perhaps, the planes used by both nations are 4th gen?
Iā€™m not an expert when it comes to construction and pilot training cost, tho :frowning_face: