Crème de la Crème Discussion and Romance Guide (Spoilers Within)

Yes, valuable minerals especially.

Yes, it would be fine for royalty to get together with someone regardless of gender and an heir wouldn’t have to be gestated by the parent to inherit etc - parents could adopt or have a surrogate. That’s the case in Westerlin too. I’m not sure if there’s polyamorous marriages - but there could be unofficial “favourites” on the side and people wouldn’t really care unless it was truly outrageous, there was a scandal or some such. And although social class is still a factor in royals’ marriages, Zaledo is a bit more socially mobile than Westerlin - hence the PC having a chance at romancing Rosario rather than being totally locked out of it.

4 Likes

How much power do royals hold in Westerlin and Zaledo? I remember seeing Rosario for the first time and being surprised that a disgraced aristocrat could romance the heir to a throne!

So, someone from the Westerlin royal family would never have gone for a disgraced if very handsome, impoverished socialite like the mc, but prince Rosario can. :thinking:
My second mc will totally sweep princy of his feet. :wink:

1 Like

I think in Zaledo it’s somewhat figurehead like, but with a lot of social/institutional clout. So Rosario is in a position that’s a bit like Prince William or Harry in the UK? In Westerlin the Prime Minister is more of a thing. I do mention a queen a couple of times, but I don’t think there’s as much power in that area. (This is very not set in stone, though, so the and may change if I do something else in the same setting!)

3 Likes

If Rosario or at least the royal family there have managed to wrest some actual, political power away from the PM and democratic government they may also resemble Thailand more than the UK actually.

I swear I get more questions about this game here with each passing day. :smiley:

Is there a backstory behind Lady Renaldt’s child being at Archambault instead of her own school? And how’s Auguste’s dad doing these days?

How are headmasters installed in Archambault and Gallatin? Does the position always require a long record of teaching?

1 Like

Although Gallatin is super posh, it’s not quite posh enough for Auguste since they’re a titled aristocrat. You’d only get a titled person going to Gallatin if they were impoverished, being punished or some such. Auguste’s other parent … is something that’s never established in text and I’m reserving the right to decide details if/when I make something in the same setting :smiley:

By being awesome (by which I mean: rich, well-connected, or a rich well-connected academic/celebrity) in some way, or having been a really distinguished teacher. In the game under some circumstances, someone else can become Headteacher who aren’t necessarily under those criteria, but that’s very unusual.

We’re now at the end of beta testing, and the game (all 392,000 words of it) is in copyedit! I’m over the moon at all the feedback from playtesters, and it’s a much stronger game for it. I tried to email everyone back saying thanks, but in case I didn’t manage to get everyone - I hugely appreciate all of it, and thank you.

The finishing line [did you know that “finishing line” is a Britishism, and US English is “finish line”? I didn’t!] is in sight!

17 Likes

Thats fantastic. Congratulations

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

I have a question can we customize our character like pick our hair color and eye color?

You can pick complexion, hair colour, and hair type (straight/wavy/coiled etc).

5 Likes

Really looking forward to seeing the finished product!

This game makes being posh amazing fun. :face_with_monocle: :metal:

7 Likes

Creme de la Creme : releasing Nov 27th?

:raised_hands:

8 Likes

Can’t wait. I will have the whole Thanksgiving Holiday to play, replay and roleplay it. Look out Delacroix — it’s gonna be great

2 Likes

Fingers crossed for the release date! It’ll either be then or not too long after :blush:

I’m so looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks!

19 Likes

I think it will be a society must – seen in the possession of Queen Bees everywhere. :two_hearts:

:stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

That Max is super cute. :heart_eyes:
And hopefully that princy is fun too. :wink:

1 Like

I’m counting the days

4 Likes

MOOD, I’m so excited.

In the meantime everyone please do FEAST YOUR EYES on this wonderful cover art by Paola Tuazon!!! And also look at the other covers in the album cos they’re fantastic!

30 Likes

That is really pretty. Can’t wait to See it in the store

2 Likes