Crème de la Crème Discussion and Romance Guide (Spoilers Within)

Hmmm … i am wondering, if one day we get an invitation letter from Blaise for a Reunion party … only both of us will attend it happily ? :-):grin:

2 Likes

I actually meant kitchen/dining hall or housekeeping duties. Used to be a fairly popular punishment in Dutch elite boarding schools back in the 19th century (unlike England ours, at least the elite ones, have not quite survived the 20th century). Though of course my mc wouldn’t have objected to a cutesy apron being included in Blaise’s potential kitchen and dining hall duties outfit/uniform. :grinning: Not that I think Blaise’s petty ego would have undergone it gracefully, but that is another matter entirely. :man_shrugging:
It was considered and was something of much less severity than expulsion, which tarnishes your reputation and that of your family outside of the school. While internal punishments are internal. But more than that actually expelling a student from a prominent family, like possibly Blaise, would also tarnish the school’s rep.
In light of all those considerations I do think the punishment was a bit Draconian, as the necklace was never actually stolen, let alone pawned, and no outside parties were even involved.

3 Likes

I’m so glad you’ve enjoyed it! The demo is just the first chapter so far, but I may add to it at a later point before the beta happens. Keep an eye out!

8 Likes

I will do thank you!!

1 Like

Weekly update: December, Week 2

Week’s Wordcount: 2974 words
Total Wordcount: 184K words

Well, not very much concrete to report on this project, but I thought I’d drop in a post as I’m currently stranded in an airport while my domestic flight lasting half an hour is delayed for five and a half hours…

What I’ve been doing:

-Planning Chapter 7: in this chapter we’re halfway through the spring term, and exams are on the horizon. So I’m sketching out the events there, feeling things out, and enjoying scribbling a bit.

If you’re interested, here’s a little snippet of the author’s mind in action:

Edited to add: still at the airport, but at least I’ve been productive. Planned out the chapter and now a little way into the code skeleton. Silver linings…

16 Likes

Weekly update: December, Week 3

Week’s Wordcount: 7474 words
Total Wordcount: 191K words

Happy holidays to those who are celebrating them! I had a two-and-a-half day writing retreat at my parents’ house before my wife and son followed me down for Christmas, which resulted in a ton of productivity. Not to mention the airport stranding which meant I was pretty much chained to my laptop with little else to do…

What I’ve been doing:

-Planning Chapter 7: This chapter is less branchy than the previous ones; I know I always say that, but I’m thinking this time it may be true!

-Coding Chapter 7: lots of exciting code to determine your exam results in this one. Unfortunately there’s a delay to find out what they are, so there’ll be suspense until the next chapter…

-Editing Chapters 5 and 6: fixing a bunch of minor but annoying typos and sentences not finishing where they should due to jumping between labels, and rearranging some consent-related conversations to flow better. Now all done! (The most comedic change was that I’d forgotten Mr Blanchard’s first name and had accidentally changed it from one chapter to the next. Embarrassing…)

-Starting work on Chapter 7: first couple of scenes completed!

As it’s Christmas Eve, and I’m on holiday now, I suspect the coming week will be less eventful, progress-wise, but I may get the chance for a writing session here and there!

While we’re here… I’d like to write something small (interactive or a short story, depending how I feel at the time) as a holiday thankyou to y’all for your support. So I’m going to make a holiday-themed something based on a dormmate of your choice. We’ve already had a Blaise one, so I’m leaving them off for this one. Please drop in a vote, and after a week I’ll get scribbling!

• Delacroix
  • Freddie
  • Gonzalez
  • Hartmann
  • Max

0 voters

14 Likes

What is the decade this game passes?

It is based in a fictional world, so I am not sure the relevance of this question?

3 Likes

Yes as @Eiwynn says, it’s fantasy, though the tech level is around early 20th century Europe. I’ve not included references to science or tech that’s more modern than about 1925.

8 Likes

So, no cars ?

BTW, might as well reiterate Merry Christmas here again.

3 Likes

There are cars, they just look like this or more old fashioned :grin:

Thank you for the Christmas wishes, same back to you!

7 Likes

Nah, it’s all good. I just want the opportunity for my MC and the gang to drive around (and hopefully not kill ourselves).

And you’re welcome, hope you and your family have a pleasant day :relaxed:

2 Likes

Having a Great Gatsby driving scene would fit very well in this game’s atmosphere. The MC taking the place of Gatsby and a sacrificial NPC in the role of Daisy would be my approach but ymmv.

3 Likes

So long I don’t end up getting shot in the back by a jealous RO…actually, I’m more likely to be stabbed in the back. gulps :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

@HannahPS… there are firearms as well? Or the military is using melee weapons like knife and sword ?? Perhaps something like a light-saber ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Eric, you misinterpret what I meant. I said that because I’m referring to the Great Gatsby, where the main character (Gatsby) was shot (wrongfully, but that’s another story in itself) by a jilted husband. Considering the setting of the game, it would be very counter productive to expect us to have access or use weapons such as those, as it goes against the theme of the story (we’re only doing social backstabbing, hence the second part of my sentence). Whilst there’s fencing (if I’m correct), the only harm that will do to us will be to our pride.

3 Likes

Ahhh… that is good and reassuring , because we won’t have to worry about getting killed :-):grin:

1 Like

There are firearms yes! But as @MIGSey says, it’s not a murdery sort of game so the most likely injury to happen would be to a stray pigeon :grin:

@Eiwynn I love The Great Gatsby, I saw an incredible ballet adaptation of it a few years back. I might borrow some elements of it for a future game idea…

3 Likes

Awesome!

Here in the Pacific Northwest, the closest I’ve seen to a ballet version was a theatrical adaptation.

An IF version would have a great ceiling for potential audiences. Would you continue your plunge into the romantic-social exploration or were you considering some other writing experience? :slight_smile:

So we will be safe when we are taking the same ride with Blaise in future yeh :-):smile:

MC : hi again Blaise ! Nice meeting you again… i hope you won’t mind sitting next to me ? By the way, why did you want to frame me anyway ? I never had a chance to ask you why …so why did you do it? Why … tell me why ??