Crème de la Crème Discussion and Romance Guide (Spoilers Within)

A few authors on here have tumblrs for their IF projects and we ask them all sorts of questions about the characters, plot, setting, etc. The author of the Wayhaven Chronicles has a tumblr for reference.

What would the main cast like to receive as a present?

Hmmm. If money were no object…

-Blaise: a beautiful, but practical, skiing jacket in the latest fashion, and a skiing holiday
-Delacroix: an artefact from a tomb that’s rumoured to be cursed
-Freddie: a folio collection of Shakespeare’s work (or the in-world equivalent). Or a house being bought for their family.
-Gonzalez: a bungee jumping experience over a ridiculously high precipice
-Hartmann: a spa treatment, though they wouldn’t admit they wanted it
-Max: an expensive bottle of bourbon

11 Likes

If the game is a game success as I think it would. A iap about dates and some sort of San Valentine’s or giving present birthday to our romance could be a great idea. As i think many of us pay a extra bucks for more story with characters we love. TheDaria saga of the lost heir has add apaid IAP with story and stuff so maybe could be a good source of income.

3 Likes

Wow !!! But Delacroix’s present is the most difficult to get one… indicating she is not easy to be court… i believe only Indiana Jones has the ability to court her …Lol

How am i suppose to get a cursed Artifact such as The Arc of Covenant or Excalibur ? :-):joy:

1 Like

Will think about dlcs and such after release - but I can say that there is going to be a fantasy-version of a valentine’s day celebration in the main game!

Alas, Delacroix would be unlikely to donate it to a museum! :laughing: Don’t worry, there are plenty of ways to woo them :blush:

3 Likes

Can I trick Delacroix by presenting an old necklace and tell her that it is a family artifact blessed by Archangel Jophiel? :wink:

1 Like

My love is for Blaise… the others are like not my cup of tea at all. Could both me and her become like a sarcastic scheming couple? Maybe both want to take revenge of our parents?
Because our pc parents are shit but Blaise are plaint stupid and naivete. I mean a ruthless character could turn her to dark side and see how the ways of goodie goodie have no sense in the world ?
I just can’t help love ruthless scheming charisma based characters so have for once a romance that is compatible helps. Normally what it happens in games are . Mara is super ruthless evil…
Become a kitty in romances that looks like have been written with a paladin good character in mind

Again super evil. That breaks immediatelyimmersion.

3 Likes

It’d depend on your stats!

@poison_mara So, there will be some Blaise romance content, but more details would be too spoilery at this point so I’ll leave it there!

Various characters can be encouraged to be more ruthless if you befriend/romance them - the main ones are Max and Delacroix, but you’ll also be able to push Freddie to take more ruthless actions in their plot, and Hartmann too. There are also some other romance/fling interests that I haven’t revealed yet, a couple of whom may suit your tastes if you’re interested in forming a power couple.

8 Likes

Can’t believe Delacroix can be ruthless… she seems the weakest , but Hartmann is cute too… my 2nd romance option… luckily spa is an easy present :slight_smile:

And haha… forget about lying to Delacroix, don’t have the heart to do that :-):sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Max is so far a cod emo rat that fancies herself ass anarchist when she is just a emo noble A great fun character to read! But I don’t know we haven’t see deeper characters yet.

Maybe I will ended love Max! Still happy to see there will be more power couple style content for ambitious characters!!!

I am evwn more excited!!!

1 Like

You had me atpower couple

3 Likes

We powerful charismatic and ruthless posh we are MEAN GIRL’S COUPLE

2 Likes

I will unleash my inner Blair Waldorf

2 Likes

Oh! Now I might have do a Hartmann playthrough too in order to help the kid release his inner, beautiful bad boy. :grinning:

Please incorporate this into the game, my mc will find a way to get the money for it somehow, particularly if he gets to help Max drink it afterwards. :wink:

True, if Vendetta is successful enough that author also plans to release more story and background dlc. I of course hope he at least gets around to the college boy dlc eventually.

Yep, we have different tastes in the cuties again. I’m going for Max and now maybe Hartmann too.

I’m sure there is deeper stuff to all of the characters, but Max is fun and super-cute and as for the “noble” part well in this game our mc’s are aristo’s if a bit down on their luck, impoverished ones at present too, so calling them out on that would be like the proverbial pot calling the kettle.

4 Likes

Lol Max is cute but I only go with him to put him in his place. it depends how is him out his real personality is if he is caring and tht inside I would romnce him. The medium nd the nerd are no no in my book lol

2 Likes

I love how we can already flirt with Max when reading that play in the classroom. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Weekly update: October, Week 1

Week Wordcount: 5050 words
Total Wordcount: 118615 words
Average Playthrough: 23573 words

What I’ve been doing:
-Planning Chapter 5 which has been a challenge: although I had a lot of character development ideas, I wasn’t quite sure where I was going with the plot, and was quickly getting overrun with scope creep. However, I got untangled and have been forging ahead. In this chapter, there is a lot of cheering about sports. If your character is a jock at heart, they’ll love it. If they don’t like sport (personally, I despised PE at school) don’t worry, there’s other fun or mischief to get up to.

-Coding Chapter 5 including some fiddly bits like if you have multiple people you’ve expressed romantic/physical interest in, determining which of them likes you best. Lots of mechanics for pushing your clique towards different approaches and ethos, and helping your clique become stronger. I’m not too far away from finishing the code, so during next week I’ll have a chance to get my teeth into the writing.

That’s a wrap for this week. GO GALLATIN SWANS!

14 Likes

The October teaser poll is closed and the voters have spoken! The October short interactive story will be about Lady Renaldt.

8 Likes

Weekly update: October, Week 2

Week Wordcount: 4120 words
Total Wordcount: 122735 words
Average Playthrough: 24271 words

What I’ve been doing:

-Finishing the code for Chapter 5 including a wide variety of code for people noticing if you’ve been romantic with people other than them; you can do some polyamorous romancing, though not with all the characters, and I’m excited to get into that tangled web soon.

-Editing previous chapters: adding in things like talking to a romantic interest about polyamory, clarifying what stats may be useful for tests in the choice wording (a bugbear that I’m working hard to overcome), cutting bits that don’t work, and lots of minor corrections. I really like editing! I can’t remember if I’ve said so before, but it bears repeating: I enjoy refining and polishing what’s there, and it’s a very different mindset than writing, so it can be refreshing.

-Writing Chapter 5, and the first dinner upon returning to Gallatin after winter break. All the dormmates have changed over the holidays, and it’s up to you to figure out whether you think that’s a good or a bad thing…

Here are a couple of snippets from Chapter 4 about going home for the holidays. (The first one is the result of a choice where you greet your parents dismissively; you can be affectionate, if you like.)

Capture

Capture2

13 Likes