Crème de la Crème Discussion and Romance Guide (Spoilers Within)

Weekly update: October, Week 3

Week Wordcount: 2249 words
Total Wordcount: 124984 words

What I’ve been doing:

-Having some rest time, which is an underrated part of the work process. Catching up on sleep, recovering from some medical bits and pieces, and getting back into my exercise routine. Also, more excitingly, going to see Heathers: The Musical - can that count as research for a social-manoeuvring-heavy school story…?

-Writing Chapter 5: finishing character interactions at dinner, writing a confrontation between a student and a starry-eyed admirer, and an in-depth friendship/romance scene with Freddie. I’ve just started another with Delacroix.

-Doing a little bit of reshuffling early Chapter 5 to make a particular character-focused scene play for every player. It includes information that is useful for every player to know at this stage, and it’s a nice emotional beat that helps flesh out the character. I’m also quite interested in reducing branchiness at this stage, because the rest of the chapter is branchy as heck.

Here’s a snippet from what I’ve been writing this week:

Capture

This excerpt displays the male-gender-expression text; there are other descriptions for feminine or gender-neutral expression. Other students approve or disapprove of your sartorial choices depending what style you go for.

13 Likes