Crème de la Crème Discussion and Romance Guide (Spoilers Within)

Weekly update: December, Week 3

Week’s Wordcount: 7474 words
Total Wordcount: 191K words

Happy holidays to those who are celebrating them! I had a two-and-a-half day writing retreat at my parents’ house before my wife and son followed me down for Christmas, which resulted in a ton of productivity. Not to mention the airport stranding which meant I was pretty much chained to my laptop with little else to do…

What I’ve been doing:

-Planning Chapter 7: This chapter is less branchy than the previous ones; I know I always say that, but I’m thinking this time it may be true!

-Coding Chapter 7: lots of exciting code to determine your exam results in this one. Unfortunately there’s a delay to find out what they are, so there’ll be suspense until the next chapter…

-Editing Chapters 5 and 6: fixing a bunch of minor but annoying typos and sentences not finishing where they should due to jumping between labels, and rearranging some consent-related conversations to flow better. Now all done! (The most comedic change was that I’d forgotten Mr Blanchard’s first name and had accidentally changed it from one chapter to the next. Embarrassing…)

-Starting work on Chapter 7: first couple of scenes completed!

As it’s Christmas Eve, and I’m on holiday now, I suspect the coming week will be less eventful, progress-wise, but I may get the chance for a writing session here and there!

While we’re here… I’d like to write something small (interactive or a short story, depending how I feel at the time) as a holiday thankyou to y’all for your support. So I’m going to make a holiday-themed something based on a dormmate of your choice. We’ve already had a Blaise one, so I’m leaving them off for this one. Please drop in a vote, and after a week I’ll get scribbling!

• Delacroix
  • Freddie
  • Gonzalez
  • Hartmann
  • Max

0 voters

14 Likes