Crème de la Crème Discussion and Romance Guide (Spoilers Within)

Something tells me I’m going to love Gonzalez, since it’s the last name of Eiza Gonzalez who is just brilliant :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just to confirm, yes it has half of Chapter 2 in there. I’ve updated the first page description to avoid confusion!

Glad you enjoyed! :smiley:

6 Likes

Repeated sentence

repeat

1 Like

@HannahPS
Do you think that helping the teachers in Chapter 2 should boost an attribute (likely Wit)?

@Vashnik Good catch, thanks! I’ve updated to correct that.

For that set of choices, it gives you a bonus to one stat and a decrease to another, so for that choice you get increased Virtue because you’re building a good reputation with the teachers, but decreased Popularity because some of the other students think you’re a teacher’s pet.

5 Likes

I feel like this is directly pandering to the part of me that was a teenager secretly watching Gossip Girl, and I’m not mad about it. Your writing is clear and lovely, and I already adore some of the side characters. (The philosophy teacher! :heart_eyes: Again: teenage me, very effectively pandered to. Also maybe current me.) I really like Max, and I’m very curious about this Florin they have issue with.

Also, I don’t have a great mental image of the androgynous coat-with-layered-skirts, but I think I want one?

Coding issue: if you choose the name Blake from the neutral names list, it sets your name as Brett.

7 Likes

Wow the way you write… I love it! This is a really good WIP, thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

I really like the new plot twist with Hartmann— it will be interesting to see how the relationship will go and how Lady Renalt will like us romancing her kid

1 Like

Thank you so much, that makes me really happy! I love being pandered to and making people feel pandered :smiley: While writing this I’m very much pandering to myself, so other people liking it is fabulous.

I think the coat is probably something like this but perhaps more floofy and impractical on the bottom and less frilly on the top. I adore this Hainan Airlines flight attendant uniform, too.

Thanks for the catch! I’d changed the option to Blake but forgot to change the variable.

Thank you so much!

Did you read it as Hartmann being Lady Renaldt’s child? If so it isn’t that, sorry (though that would be an amazing twist and I wish I’d done something like it :laughing:). I’ve edited to clarify! BUT soon after the end of the current demo, you will get to meet Lady Renaldt’s kid :smiley:

11 Likes

Hi loving this game very good job, I want to ask so long as it doesn’t go into spoiler territory is there anyway to get Blaise not to hate you?

5 Likes

Subtly listens in

3 Likes

The author has a variable in the game that tracks the amount of time you are being nice to them. Whether that will help lower their dislike of you is a matter of wait and see in coming chapters.

Here is the post;

6 Likes

I have a question. Who is the person with the highest social status that we can marry( it doesn’t have to be love interest).

All the Gallatin students except for Freddie are pretty fancy, but the most high-status characters you can marry haven’t been on-screen in the demo yet.

Major spoilers below!

You can get engaged to Auguste Renaldt, Lady Renaldt’s child, who Hartmann mentions on the way to Archambault Academy, or Prince/Princess/Heir Rosario, who Gonzalez talks about. Although both are as easy to get into a romance with as the Gallatin students, it’s harder to get engaged to them/get their family’s approval for the match as they’re such a step up from the PC. It’s also possible to get engaged to either of them without feeling emotionally attached, and just being interested in their social status (and even having another love interest on the side).

20 Likes

That sounds so cool, I mean the fact you already taken in account so many variations and possible combination of choices!

2 Likes

Thank you! At the moment I’m writing engagement related things, and allowing for so many previous potential configurations (including NPC/NPC relationships) is a challenge! But very rewarding, and I’m enjoying it a lot.

16 Likes

Oh my freaking god THIS IS AWESOME! I’m really enjoying it so far, can’t wait to add this into my CoG GooglePlay list (hopefully this year :3) Though Max is an unusual name for a girl, not that I’m complaining of cause. I’ve always liked cute nerdy characters, so Freddie is a big freaking plus for me. Favourite character type? Check. Favourite name? Check also. Keep it up :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you so much, it’s lovely that you’re excited! I love Freddie too :blush: I’m hoping the game will be released this year. I’m currently coding Chapter 10 of 12, so fingers crossed!

11 Likes

My mc just wants that cutie Max. :grin: But is the prince a student of the rival school? If so can we beat him at the upcoming games?

2 Likes

(just so you’re aware, I added a spoiler tag to your post)

I’m excited that you’re enjoying Max so much! :grin:

Yes, the royal is an Archambault student so can be sabotaged in various ways if you want to :slight_smile:

3 Likes