Crème de la Crème Discussion and Romance Guide (Spoilers Within)

Oh wow. I didn’t know that being a prefect automatically makes Max the target. That also makes sense considering that I usually romance Max as a prefect (I just love the idea of romancing a troublemaker as a prefect and wondering what Hartmann thinks of it xD). Thanks for telling me!

With my newfound love of this game, I also made Dungeon and Dragon equivalents (or at the very least, most accurate representations) of the Gallatin students and made a campaign about it (basically the characters came back for a reunion even though Gallatin closed and Lady Renaldt got arrested, but the students except for the main protagonist got captured by mysterious people and it’s up to the players to save them!). I tried acting out the characters as accurate as possible and I think I got them down (except for Gonzalez). Does anyone else think Max would be a hilarious bard?

4 Likes

Yes! that’d be so funny lmao :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Aaahhhh this is so cool!!! I hope you had lots of fun!

@HannahPS Will there be Crème de la Crème 2? I would like to continue the adventure married to the princess rosario

Hannah’s newest project, Royal Affairs, is set in CdlC’s universe but follows a different main character! It’s technically a sequel, but maybe not the one you’re looking for.

If I remember correctly, I don’t think there are plans for a direct CdlC sequel, but I could be wrong / that could change!

Also, if you make certain decisions in Royal Affairs about your CdlC MC, they may be present in your new RA storyline!

7 Likes

Hello,

I misunderstood one of the choices at a key juncture in the story, and I was wondering what, if any, changes one of the other choices would have made. To clarify,

MC was sent to the mines, from which they escaped alone, before making their way to the Great Hall during graduation. After he crashes the party, so to speak, the choice comes up for him to appeal to one group or other to stand by him. I mistakenly thought the ‘friends’ option meant the friend group and chose that, which given MC’s low Popularity, went nowhere, and by the end of the story, Renaldt went scot-free. Grrrr.

After taking a look at the code (which is by far the most complicated I’ve seen yet, lol), I saw that I had just enough for my clique to appeal to them.

Basically my question is, if I do appeal to my clique and they stand by me, would that make any tangible difference in the outcome?

As far as I know, it should have! If they stand by you, naturally your credibility would go up. As in life, the more people express their trust in you, the more likely what you say would be believed!

Lady Renaldt probably wouldn’t have gotten off scot-free, if you’d chosen appealing to the clique and passed the stat check. Hope that answers your question!

2 Likes

Thanks! That gives me a concrete reason to restart the game and try the same choices up till that point!

1 Like

Just a question out of curiousity, but what makes everyone ticked/angry? I read some of the Tumblr extras and I was wondering what would make them ticked off (sort of a pet peeves scenario) because I’d love to see their reactions :slight_smile:

If there’s one pet peeve I’m sure of, it’s that Gonzalez doesn’t like being a “celebrity crush,” hahaha.

2 Likes

Agreed :rofl:

After a couple of runs, I can say one thing without a doubt; Delacroix is a pure cinnamon roll that must be protected at all costs.

5 Likes

Oooh this is such a good question!

Agreed with @violet - that’s something that annoys Gonzalez even though they’re usually very chill!
Hartmann gets ticked off about a lot of things but I think the most major one is not being taken seriously.
Max doesn’t like feeling constrained especially if it involves physical discomfort (think having to sit in a draughty hall listening to speeches).
It takes quite a lot for Freddie to get cross but they don’t like people underestimating or patronising them.
Delacroix gets angry about people talking over them.
Same for Karson, they really don’t like when they’re in a big group and no one lets them get a word in edgeways. They also don’t like when people speak for them - “that’s Karson’s favourite food” etc
Blaise gets angry about … a lot of things? They’re very irritable - but especially about feeling ignored or downtrodden.
Auguste’s pet peeve is if someone has an inside joke and won’t tell them what it is. They hate feeling like they’re left behind on something.
Florin hates being ignored, or invited to something as an afterthought or because of politeness.
Rosario gets cross if they think people are putting others down undeservedly.

By the way, I’ve updated the first post of this thread with a big bunch of asks that I got on Tumblr, so if you can’t get enough character trivia, please take a look!

10 Likes

Thanks! I’ll definitely check those Tumblr posts in my spare time :smiley:

1 Like

Hey! I’ve been playing and there’s one I haven’t quite made a breakthrough yet.
I mean what do I have to do to be successful at the teashop? I only did it on my first play through, but after that I always did a meh. lol

1 Like

I recommend having a high Flair or Poise. Spirit can help some of the choices, but it’s mainly Flair and Poise unless you are dating Florin, then High Intrigue can work as well. Near the end of the teashop section, it depends on your high stats and how you are going to perform that choice. I can explain it more in-depth but I don’t want to spoil anything for you!

3 Likes

Please do spoil me haha I already did 5 or more playthroughs, and I kept failing Mrs. Benton. I feel bad for her. hahah

Okie dokie then. I shall tell you the successes of the Teashop (or what I believe it is). I hope this helps!

-Before going to the Teashop, there will be four choices that increase a certain stat by 2.
I’ll be the best cake seller in town! +2 Spirit
This is clearly an excuse to for the teachers to slack off. +2 Wits (I think).
It’ll be interesting to listen for gossip. +2 Intrigue (I think).
I’ll try to uphold the college’s reputation. +2 Poise?? (I have no clue about this one).

I flatter her, saying that Gaspard probably meant to write to her (45+ Flair)
I move the conversation on; I want to get on with the job (45+ Poise)
I investigate further. I wonder if there’s something she’s not saying (45+ Intrigue)
I’ll show that I’m keen to work by being earnest and cheerful (45+ Spirit)

I’ll charm customers in the hope that they’ll enjoy themselves and perhaps buy more (45+ Flair)
I do what I’m told, with as much energy as I can muster (45+ Spirit)
I’ll navigate the situation carefully, and just try to be polite. (45+ Poise)

The next choice I have no idea makes any effects so I’m just not gonna put it here.

I flirt blithely with Florin, even though I don’t mean anything (45+ Flair)
I want nothing to do with Florin. I make a disparaging remark about him to another customer (I think Domineering??)
I ignore Florin, and stay calm and collected. I need to focus on my job (45+ Poise)
There’s an option that appears if you’re flirting with Florin. You need Intrigue 45+ to pass it.

I enthuse that she has the college’s best interests at heart (Increases Spirit)
I’ll respond calmly and politely, and say she’s doing well (Surprisingly, it increases Intrigue)
I note that she’s mostly interested in builfing her own reputation (Increases Wit)

I change the subject, then have a look through her belongings later to investigate (45+ Intrigue)
I lean forward and dig deeper—politely, of course (45+ Poise)
This is making me uncomfortable. I praise the college and Lady Renaldt’s work (45+ Spirit)

Next choice I have no clue if it makes a difference so I’m skipping it for now.

I genuinely enjoyed exercising a different part of my brain (45+ Wits)
It’s been good to lend a hand to help people who need it (45+ Spirit)
The Lie version of the choice above requires 45+ Intrigue.
I should be honest. It hasn’t been exactly stimulating (Be more Direct than Manipulative).

So the next two choices are very complex because the first choice devolves into the second choice. I’m gonna need to do more testing for it. But depending on what choice you choose (and you succeed said choice), a stat will increase. I would advise to choose honestly if you’re a direct MC. If you’re an Intrigue MC, lying or pretending is a good choice. Being keenful is great for Spirit MCs. I haven’t even tested the negative comments choices. Sorry!

I hope this helps. Tell me if I got something wrong on it when you try a playthrough again!

3 Likes

I knew I had to get this game when I saw there was a possible polyamorous relationship between Max and Delacroix, and I’m so glad I did! I’ll be trying to put a polyamorous relationship into my WIP, and you did it so well that I hope I can do half as good a job. I was disappointed that I couldn’t date the two of them and end up engaged to Gonzalez, though, as that would have been the ideal situation for me. Unless there is a way that I just missed? But the game was excellent fun.

Speaking of Gonzalez, did you ever show any pictures of how you’d cast them? I saw some of the other ones, but I couldn’t find Gonzalez. For some reason, he is the only character I never could fully seem to picture.

There’s no way of getting engaged to Gonzalez and having the polyamorous relationship with Delacroix and Max. I believe in an earlier post, she said that it would be too complicated for the coding to work, but she liked that idea.